FAA Flight Instructor Certificate to Canadian

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
Hoque
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:40 am

FAA Flight Instructor Certificate to Canadian

Post by Hoque »

Hi,

I have FAA Flight Instructor Certificate and like to convert to Canadian, as far I know all I have to do 50% like 15 hr flight and 12.5 hr ground. But one of flight school in Montreal is telling me, my certificate is more than two years (I got that in 2000) for that I don't get no credit for this.

Is any one have any idea about this?

Thank you
---------- ADS -----------
 
Connor M
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:22 pm

Post by Connor M »

Your best bet to find the truth is to contact the local TC office and ask to talk to a licencing officer and they will steer you straight.

Then remember to get their response in writing so that you have proof of what they told you to do.

You don't have to rely on the school to talk to TC you can ask for yourself if you don't think the school is shooting straight.
---------- ADS -----------
 
2R
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4329
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:25 pm
Location: left coast

Post by 2R »

If you have a FAA CFI you will find the flying part of the TC course easy .
The Paper side is an exercise in futility .It took years to get it so messed up and it may never be cured .Just bite the pillow and get to like it as many have tried and failed to improve the system including those inside.

I laughed when a TC inspector complained about how tough the flight standards were in the USA for instructors . Having to use a more expensive airplane like a mooney or arrow .
I just quitely said at least the paperwork is easier :wink: :wink:

CFI /CFII
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3265
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:10 am
Location: Back here

Post by Panama Jack »

With all due respect to flight instructors, one really has to wonder why anybody would go through the pain and shear bullshit involved in getting a Flight Instructor Rating given the lack of respect and compensation given to those who do.
---------- ADS -----------
 
“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”