jetsgo

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

loopy
Rank 8
Rank 8

jetsgo

Post by loopy »

I'm just curious if people are firing their CV's out to Jetsgo and if anybody is getting any action on it? :?:
---------- ADS -----------

pimper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pimper »

They just hired a few with lots more to come!!

StickShaker
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by StickShaker »

Are American pilots going to be flying the 18 Fokker 100's they're getting from American Airlines?

loopy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by loopy »

From what I gather from reading the job postings on the hollandline site non-Canuck pilots can initially obtain contract positions, but permanent positions can only go to Canadian ATPL's with the right to work here.

hypoxic
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hypoxic »

Is Jetsgo planning on expanding more in the US or are they trying to go head to head with Canjet, Westjet and Tango here in Canada! Might be too many discounts in Canada if that's the case!

AIR 3.11
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AIR 3.11 »

hey...........why isn't my phone ringing? :cry:

nightrunner
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nightrunner »

I know that they are still interviewing. I know of a guy that was intervied there recently, he has no captain time but he does have access to $30G's. I wish them all the best but I hope they drop the money requirement.

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RB211 »

Somehow I don't see that happening. Mike the White would have to upgrade the money and working conditions to otherwise keep guys for any length of time. IMHO

Expatriated
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Expatriated »

They're still interviewing right now. 10 people on the March 22nd ground school, another 10 on the April 10th ground school and they're now filling an April 29th ground school.

US pilots in the right seat and the training area until the Canadian guys are PPC'd and can be upgraded as soon as possible. First couple of classes are guys with good PIC experience. Less experienced F/O's to be hired this summer.

$30,000 bond...interest is paid back over the first 6 months and then the pricipal is paid over the last 18 months. YYZ base only for now. 11 GDO's and guys are blocked to 90 hours per month and $45, 500 to start in the right seat.

Need more info, just ask.......

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

Other than Georgian, where are the rest of the newhires coming from? Who else is losing pilots to Jetsgo?

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

I've heard Borek, Altaflights & BarXH.

Phlyer
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Phlyer »

Kudos to the guy who came up with the 'Canada $30,000' thing - that's hilarious! :lol:

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

No kidding. Stroke of brilliance. Though i forwarded it to a buddy there and he did not find it all that funny. People just have no sense of haha when it comes to themselves.

pimper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pimper »

The new hires for the F-100 are coming from Jazz and Air Canada mainly. Obviously we are looking for experience for direct entry or short upgrade captains.

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

So you are saying that even Jazz and AC pilots are willing to pay the $30k just to get in the door? :shock:

pimper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pimper »

Thats exactly what I am saying

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

It's a pretty easy decision for someone from Jazz if they have less than 5 yrs in. The starting pay at Jetsgo is about the same as a 3rd yr F/O at Jazz. (if they're not laid off..) If you have the experience (which alot of the Jazz guys do) an upgrade at Jetsgo could come within a year. No upgrades in sight for junior guys at Jazz for at least 3-5yrs and then it would be to a Dash-8. Not a lot of career progression at Jazz right now.

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

Hmmm going from one dead to end, to possibly another..... :roll:

pimper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pimper »

Dead end?? Tell me where else you can go direct entry into the left seat of jet..or get upgraded in a matter of months?? Show me another company expanding as fast??

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

I think that Kosiw is referring to longevity. I sincerely hope that Jetsgo is able to be profitable over the long term. Problem is I am such a cynic when it comes to the low cost operators (other than wj). And with the economy so fragile, if the public gets scared again (like for example if another terrorist attack follows the Madrid bombing) then it's the carriers on the fringe that are going to suffer most: whether it's recent market entrants like Jetsgo that don't yet have the cash reserves, or old behemoths like AC that need the cash to avoid the fall into the pit of bankruptcy.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”