Jobs in Iraq?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Dusty 3
Rank 2
Rank 2

Jobs in Iraq?

Post by Dusty 3 »

Does anybody know where I can find job postings for Iraq :?:
---------- ADS -----------

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Enlist in the U.S. military.

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
LT
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LT »

Cat that really was bad advice...

US soldier pay w/ hazard is probably about 20k/yr.

You can make 10k+/mth as a merc/security officer. Life expectancy is 6 months.

Oh, we were talking about flying jobs?

ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

HALLIBURTON

flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flyinthebug »

I got a call last week from a pilot bud of mine. He said, lets go to Iraq!! They are paying up to 2K PER DAY (this is true). I was actually thinking about going to flog a Ho around Iraq, until my phone rang back yesterday. Same pilot bud.. diffrent outlook as 5 of the 12 contracted pilots have died in the last 6 weeks (2 of them as a direct result of the war action, the rest im told were accidents?). Its amazing the things we DONT hear on this side of the pond. I`d seriously reconsider going over there if I were you. I dont think anyone could imagine the conditions unless you are there to see them. Awesome money, but is it worth your life? That said, I have a friend flying in Saudi right now, and he says all in all the conditions are pretty good. But thats Saudi, not Iraq. If you seriously still want contact info Dusty, PM me, and i`ll send you what i have.
Fly safe all, Cheers

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

No Muslim country in the middle east is safe for a white North American.

Saudi was iffy several years ago when we worked there.

I would not go there now.

Cat

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
cedarjet
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cedarjet »

An outfit out of DXB flies daily into Iraq, cargo. Pay is nothing close to 2K/day, more like a month, however you fly into 3 airports in Iraq, Basra, Baghdad, Kirkuk. 3 times a week i believe. gotta have B1900 rating with 500multi.

Non aviation jobs, private security 2K/day USD.

The real cedarjet
flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flyinthebug »

Serious typo... Sorry Cedarjet, meant per week not day. Im not sure who the outfit is your speaking of, but the offer is real @2K per week.. or so the story goes
:roll:
Fly safe

CFV2
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CFV2 »

cedarjet wrote: Non aviation jobs, private security 2K/day USD.
Private security and private military companies usually prefer ex-military types in such positions.

greenwich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by greenwich »

Ahhhh MONEY!!! The lure of the great Dollar...it always amazes me how far people will go to make quick cash!

It's funny, I've seen quite a few white foreigners in Iraq kneeling down, hands tied behind their backs, begging for their lives! I bet the one thing not going through their minds as they are decapitated is the thought of MONEY!

As Cat said, you are white and/or a foreigner...they don't want you there!

G

P.S. Why don't you try Africa? I hear Ivory Coast, Sudan and Nigeria are great!

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

From a cursory glance at the news every once in a while, it looks as if Iraq is a colossal goat rodeo for the United States...it would seem to me to be fairly obvious that if they were offering $2K a week, then they are asking you to do a *very* hazardous job. Along the same lines as someone posted above - how much is your life worth? Stick with flying freight to Shamattawa - they've only shot at a plane once there...

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Panama Jack »

I would just as soon offer my services to drug traffickers before flying in Iraq-- the former probably being much safer.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
Mach .28
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mach .28 »

Dusty,

Take a look at the U.S. State Department's website. They have pilot postings for Iraq, Bolvia, Columbia and various other places of U.S. interest. Pay is decent at around $80K a year. But read the fine print. There is a 15000K a year bonus for Danger Pay.

Next goto aviation-safety.net and look at all of the accidents in these places. Look at all of the State Department contractors that have been killed over the last few years!!

Cheers,

TI-AKB

cedarjet
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cedarjet »

The real cedarjet
wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

just so you know, most of the pilots that fly 1900's for that cargo operation out of DXB have refused to fly into Iraq after they were in Baghdad right before that 330 was hit in the wing with the SAM. From what I heard, the pilots basically refused, and the company threatened to send them all walking, but solidarity held out and those guys stopped flying to Iraq, but kept their jobs and just flew the remaining routes. Well, guess what.....they hired some new guys to fly to Iraq. then promoted some less senior co-pilots to captain becuase they were willing to fly into Iraq. Bastards. the pay isn't even stellar. not bad, but not awesome. not worth it if you ask me. stay out of Iraq. It is way worse there than most media or reports convey to us.

and, actually, Ivory coast is a way better option...(i know you were trying to be sarcastic cedarjet) but if you are careful, you can be quite safe in Abidjan or most other west african cities.

cheers
-wp

neverever
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by neverever »

A friend of mine is over there right now flying a KA200 and told me that several times a day the sirens go off and they have to take cover. He's had enough after three months.

The pay would have to be better than incredible.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

The bottom line is they have no compulsion about beheading infidels.

What more does one need to know?

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

:shock:
80K a year is NOT worth haveing your ass shot at by some pissed off local.
Besides, go over there for any real length of time and you could have a hard time getting a ramp pass when you get home.

Cheers.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
greenwich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by greenwich »

P.S. Why don't you try Africa? I hear Ivory Coast, Sudan and Nigeria are great!
Just being facetious!!!

G

merlin
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by merlin »

I like my head just where it is thanks ..... :D You couldn't pay me enough to go over there.

Return to “General Comments”