Deadbeat pilots gumming up Transport's billing section

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

skypirate
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by skypirate »

I called TC a number of months ago and updated my address on their "answering service". Having received no correspondance lately, I called and talked to a real person the other day and of course, the address change was not registered. The individual seemed quite concerned over my $55, but not too concerned over the address change that is necessary to send me the bill in the first place, as well as my AIM. "It's hard to fly with eagles when you work with turkeys"
---------- ADS -----------

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg!!!!
Liquid Charlie
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Liquid Charlie »

I hear TC wants to get out of the personal licensing business and pass it on to a 3rd party - can u say "user fees" :bigscared:

station60
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by station60 »

Liquid Charlie wrote:I hear TC wants to get out of the personal licensing business and pass it on to a 3rd party - can u say "user fees" :bigscared:
So, I've been out of the loop for awhile, can someone update me as to the current status of all this bullshit? I got a bill from TC a couple weeks ago saying I owe them money. If I dont pay it are they going to accost me or just take it out of my income tax? Is there any way we as a group of pilots can change this ridiculous fee? What steps are needed to cause some change....Im ignorant when it comes to government BS.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

The most efficient way to get TC to cancel this fee is no one pays them....just throw their letters in the garbage.

If no one pays they will eventually quit trying to collect.

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Morav
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Morav »

They have sent me two invoices so far for the medical I did in May. No collect corp yet... maybe they're giving up on me :P

just another pilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by just another pilot »

Shame on you Cat; you should be recycling yours like I do mine...

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Now I feel guilty.....of course we should set an example for TC and recycle our garbage.

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
renfley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by renfley »

I just got my Medical a couple weeks ago, just got the bill in the mail, I thought of recycling it, but I've got a new puppy and well, It'll make a great puppy pad for the kennel! hehehe

duCapo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by duCapo »

Rule #62 "Don't take yourself so damn seriously"
Jeremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jeremy »

Lets say a person is a pilot for 40 years, starting at age 20 to keep the math simple.

yrs 20-39 = 20 medicals
yrs 40-59 = 40 medicals

60 medicals at $55 ea. = $3300 to TC for.........what...the privilege of flying?

Guido
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Deadbeat pilots gumming up Transport's billing section

Post by Guido »

I guess their debt collection program isn't working as planned. I was told many times by TC officials that they don't collect off your taxes anymore... they lie. I'm shocked, really. Is it possible that I'll be as jaded as Cat Driver before I hit 30?

I got a letter today stating that any taxes I get back, they'll withhold my debt to Transport. Gee, I'm shocked. Guess it is a tax after all. Worthless pieces of garbage. Transport Canada, you can lick my balls.

So, why again did they send this stuff to a collection agency? It doesn't seem to have worked very well if they're going back to the tried and true methods.

snake pit crawler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by snake pit crawler »

My F/O said he never pays any of the bills. They just deduct it from his income tax refund. Not sure how it works. I guess I am up to date as no one is hounding me yet. 8)

F,D and H
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by F,D and H »

Like most guys out there, I have moved apporximately a dozen times over the last 5 years or so. Of course even with change of addresses when doing the actual medical as well as phonning them in over the years I would never receive a bill. They just found me. Well actually they found my mom. Yup that's right they sent a bad wittle boy wetter to my mommy. It doesn't sound as if they are going to take it off of my taxes, sounds more like they will WITHOLD my tax return until I pay. Has anyone else heard of either of these things happening. Does anyone have an axe to lend me? :axe:

F,D and H
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by F,D and H »

And to top it all off, since Thursday I have attempted to phone both the D=> line for the cunt at Transport's accounting and the toll-free one and have received the voice mail with no returns.

flyinphil
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re:

Post by flyinphil »

Take that $770, apply it against a 19% credit card and you have refinced at a very good rate according to your invoice! :lol:

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

they will WITHOLD my tax return
No. Calm down.

Here is a very simple algorithm:

1) ignore the $55 bill from Transport
2) ignore the CollectCorp nastygrams
3) file your tax return.

When your tax return is calculated, RevCan
will pay Transport the $55, with no interest.

Yes, no interest. Think of it as a $55
interest-free loan.

P.S. The above is true regardless of
how many $55 you owe at the time
of your tax return (2, 3, 4, etc).

Guido
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Guido »

Hedley wrote:
they will WITHOLD my tax return
No. Calm down.

Here is a very simple algorithm:

1) ignore the $55 bill from Transport
2) ignore the CollectCorp nastygrams
3) file your tax return.

When your tax return is calculated, RevCan
will pay Transport the $55, with no interest.

Yes, no interest. Think of it as a $55
interest-free loan.

P.S. The above is true regardless of
how many $55 you owe at the time
of your tax return (2, 3, 4, etc).
"F, D and H" may be correct - the letter does read that way. I should be getting a fair bit back from taxes this year because I'm back in school, so I guess we'll see what happens. I'll scan in the letter tonight if I have some time to show you guys the text.

I'd definitely much prefer Hedley's option, of course. Since I owe $110, it'll take two years for them to take it off is what you're saying, Hedley?

rotorfloat
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rotorfloat »

I received the same letter the other day....

Funny how TC can't seem to send me an invoice, but I get all the other publications no problem (my medical was 11 months ago...)

The wording of the letter states that the amount due will be deducted from any credit or refund, NOT that your entire refund will be withheld.
This notice is to inform you that the Canada Revenue Agency may withhold income tax refunds, as well as goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax credit payments, to recover debts owed to the Government of Canada....

......The program representatives have asked the Canada Revenue Agency to recover this debt from any income tax refund or tax credit payment you may be entitled to receive...

F,D and H
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by F,D and H »

No Guido, I think what Hedley is saying, is that they will not actually hold ALL of your tax return, they will only deduct the amount that you owe, whether it be $55, $110, $165 or $770. Only problem for me is that as a teenager I made some stupid decisions and didn't like to pay my bills, collections guys knew my #. In my early twenties, started this whole flying thing and started a great big debt. Ten years later, I have squeegee clean credit, I don't want this thing going to collections.

SORRY GUYS I'VE FOUGHT THE POWER FOR A FEW YEARS....I'M CUTTING THEM A CHEQUE....WHAT WOULD MARTIN LUTHER KING JR THINK!!!!!!!!

Guido
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Guido »

F,D and H wrote:No Guido, I think what Hedley is saying, is that they will not actually hold ALL of your tax return, they will only deduct the amount that you owe, whether it be $55, $110, $165 or $770. Only problem for me is that as a teenager I made some stupid decisions and didn't like to pay my bills, collections guys knew my #. In my early twenties, started this whole flying thing and started a great big debt. Ten years later, I have squeegee clean credit, I don't want this thing going to collections.

SORRY GUYS I'VE FOUGHT THE POWER FOR A FEW YEARS....I'M CUTTING THEM A CHEQUE....WHAT WOULD MARTIN LUTHER KING JR THINK!!!!!!!!
They won't bother with your credit... mine's A+ as well, and this is the only thing I've not paid... I haven't acknowledged receipt of any letters from the collection agency, so as far as I'm concerned, I have yet to even be aware of them trying to contact me.
Oh yes, and here's the letter itself (personal details removed, of course ;) )
Stupid government...
Stupid government...
stupid government.png (49.14 KiB) Viewed 772 times

Return to “General Comments”