Celine Dion?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Cool Rythms!
Rank 6
Rank 6

Celine Dion?

Post by Cool Rythms! »

Hey guys,

What's up with Celine Dion. Has she now decided all of a sudden, that she wants to buy into Air Canada? God help us!
---------- ADS -----------

"When the power of love overcomes the love for power, only then will this world know peace"

- Jimi Hendrix
boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

Well if Air Canada threw Multi-millions of dollars at me to be in there ads - I'd be the biggest, most positive A/C person in the world.

Simply put - they paid her. Shes not doing it out of the goodness of her heart.

No one knows how much it's costing A/C - but Chrysler paid $14 million US for her to do an ad campaign that lasted a year.

CFV2
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CFV2 »

Her ad campaign with Chrysler flopped, apparently.... that's why she doesn't belt out tunes for 'em anymore.....

bandaid
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bandaid »

They had to nail her shoes to the floor so that the prop wash didn't blow her away.

Cool Rythms!
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Cool Rythms! »

As skinny as she is!

"When the power of love overcomes the love for power, only then will this world know peace"

- Jimi Hendrix
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

HEY!

Didn't I tell you to NEVER mention her name again?!

Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

Celine contract with AC is not costing big bucks because it a standard normal commercial agreement between the two parties. It’s all about the promotion of Celine’s CD’s which sell very well both domestically and internationally and will be played on all AC’s flights. AC made a good business decision in having an internationally recognized figure promote their product especially when you can get that person at a wholesale price. You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours.

All the financial papers have reported that AC’s main creditors made it a loan condition for AC to change its image. That is why our aircraft are getting a new paint job when required and an internationally recognized spokesperson among other things. :)

Blastor
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Blastor »

Talk about brand recognition!

Great coup from A/C

Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

Rebel wrote: decision in having an internationally recognized figure promote their product especially when you can get that person at a wholesale price.

Have you seen Mike Reno of Loverboy lately!? He's looking for gigs....

Return to “Air Canada”