Question from somebody that sims.....

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Topspin
Rank 8
Rank 8

Question from somebody that sims.....

Post by Topspin »

Hardcore simmer here, and wonder what you guys really fly.

According to http://www.flightaware.com the standard YVR-YYC route is ADSIX KESTA KETTL HOWZR.

Wondering what is really entered in the RTE page?
---------- ADS -----------

Rotten Apple #1
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Question from somebody that sims.....

Post by Rotten Apple #1 »

ADSIX KESTA KETTL HOWZR
That's the route as normally entered. The FMC Prog page will show the distance as 377 nm, IIRC, and once confirmed against the flight release distance figure, we'll ACTIVATE the route, then press [EXECUTE].

Prior to Top of Descent (TOD), we'll enter the HANDA arrival for the appropriate approach.

If you look at the Handa arrival, with expoerience flying the route, you would notice that the arrival route for runway 10 has more track miles than might actually be flown on a visual approach, if VMC prevails and traffic is light.

In anticipation of this, some crews will elect to make the waypoint constraint at ALBRO (10000' OR ABOVE) into a 'hardened' figure of 10000' or so. Left to it's own, the FMC would have the aircraft at some higher altitude (based on the track miles of the full, 'unadulterated' arrival), making it a lot more work if the controller clears the aircraft direct to the IAF for 10.

Hope that makes up for the cheeky post I may have put on here somewhere. :wink:

JD

Topspin
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Topspin »

JD not the first time you have helped me out and enlightened me, so a serious thank you very much is deserved.

NEBOJSA
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by NEBOJSA »

Another hard core simmer question.Just wondering does anybody have a copy of the B737 WestJet Cockpit Companion book.Is it a good reading book regarding Westjet aircraft.

Thanks,Nesho

Amateur Turbines
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Amateur Turbines »

How about the actual ATC routing? Heading 065 then direct opale. This clearance is really starting to bug me. Why have a preferred route if the actual route is always different?

Smitty
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Smitty »

Another hard core simmer question.Just wondering does anybody have a copy of the B737 WestJet Cockpit Companion book.Is it a good reading book regarding Westjet aircraft.
The 737 Cockpit companion is available at Aviation World near YYZ and YVR. There should only be minor differences between the standard one and the Westjet one.

If you're not near these airports, they do mail orders as well.

Return to “WestJet”