Canadian Election Poll

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Who would you vote for?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:38 am

Conservative
69%
Liberal
17%
NDP
11%
Bloc
3%

Total votes: 103

ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Canadian Election Poll

Post by ScudRunner »

So speculation about a snap election here in the great white north is all over the media these days, so who would you vote for.
---------- ADS -----------

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Re: Canadian Election Poll

Post by . ._ »

None of the above. And there are more than 4 choices.

http://www.elections.ca/content.asp?sec ... only=false

-istp

Newwave
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Newwave »

Conservative, normally i'd vote liberal, but questionnable leadership for that party has changed my mind!

niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by niss »

I hate the Mulroneys. Liberal

She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

The only way the CF are going to get more cool planes is if the Conservatives are in power.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

I'm no fan of Harper - his income trust move was
unbelievable - but I wouldn't let any of the other
candidates even push my lawnmower.

Conservative it is, I guess.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

I wonder what the ancient Greeks-who came up with the idea of democracy-would say when they see us trying to choose a candidate and a government on the basis of who we think is going to do the least amount of damage. :wink:

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

What about Green? As in waste of $300 million :evil: of it because the opinion polls are in a dead heat, and we are likely to get yet another minority government :roll: thus proving nothing other than what we already know: people don't trust Harper, and don't like Dion.

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Guido
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Guido »

I'm thinking Green, but I don't believe they've changed their stance on nuclear energy (can anyone correct me on that?)... so it's still a bit of a compromise for me.

North Shore, you've hit it dead on - Harper's a douche, and Dion's been painted as a coward (refuses to go into an election that he can't win by defeating something in the commons)...

WJflyer
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by WJflyer »

Conservative, as the Liberals are a lame duck as they have a incompetent leader and zero money in their war chest to even fight a election, the NDP is a bunch of unelectable idiots, and the Greens are a single issue party.

ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

Oops should have put the green or other party option in there.

BibleMonkey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by BibleMonkey »

. wrote:Oops should have put the green or other party option in there.
I am writing in "Rhinoceros Party " on the ballot
.....Other platform promises of the Rhinoceros Party included:

* Repealing the law of gravity[9][10]

* Paving Manitoba to create the world's largest parking lot[10]

* Providing higher education by building taller schools[7]

* Instituting English, French and illiteracy as Canada's three official languages[7]

* Tearing down the Rocky Mountains so that Albertans could see the Pacific sunset[10]

* Making Montreal the Venice of North America by damming the St. Lawrence River[11]

* Abolishing the environment because it's too hard to keep clean and it takes up so much space[7]

* Annexing the United States, which would take its place as the third territory, after the Yukon and the Northwest Territories (Nunavut did not yet exist) in Canada's backyard, in order to eliminate foreign control of Canada's natural resources[12]

* Ending crime by abolishing all laws[13]

* Paving the Bay of Fundy to create more parking in the Maritimes[7]

* Turning Montreal's Saint Catherine Street into the world's longest bowling alley[7]

* Adopting the British system of driving on the left; this was to be gradually phased in over five years with large trucks and tractors first, then buses, eventually including small cars and bicycles last

* Selling the Canadian Senate at an antique auction in California[10][12]

* Putting the national debt on Visa[14]

* Declaring war on Belgium because a Belgian cartoon character, Tintin, killed a rhinoceros in one of the cartoons[15]

* Offering to call off the proposed Belgium-Canada war if Belgium delivered a case of mussels and a case of Belgian beer to Rhinoceros "Hindquarters" in Montréal (the Belgian Embassy in Ottawa did, in fact, do this)[15]

* Painting Canada's coastal sea limits in watercolour so that Canadian fish would know where they were at all times[11]

* Banning guns and butter, since both kill[11]
* Banning lousy Canadian winters[7]

* Renaming the country Nantucket[7]

* Building a bridge spanning the country, from Vancouver Island to Newfoundland.[16]

* Making the Trans-Canada Highway one way only.[17]

* Changing Canada's currency to bubble gum, so it could be inflated or deflated at will.[18]
* Donate a free rhinoceros to every aspiring artist in Canada[12]

The Rhino Party also declared that, should they somehow actually win an election, they would immediately dissolve and force a second election....
"......In the 1984 federal election, however, the party won the fourth-largest number of votes, after the three main political parties, but ahead of several well-established minor parties. Rhino candidates sometimes came in second in certain ridings, humiliating traditional Canadian parties in the process.........
...The party abstained from the 1993 federal election while they questioned the constitutionality of new rules that required the party to run candidates in at least 50 ridings at a cost of $1,000 per candidature.[21] On September 23, 1993, Canada's Chief Electoral Officer, Jean-Pierre Kingsley, refused to accept the party's abstention and ordered the removal of the Rhinoceros Party from the Registry of Canadian Political Parties, effectively eliminating them from the Canadian political system. Kingsley also directed the party's official agent, Charlie (le Concierge) McKenzie, to liquidate all party assets and return any revenues to the Receiver General of Canada. On instructions from the party, McKenzie refused. After two years of threatening letters, Ottawa refused to prosecute McKenzie, who now claims to hold the distinction of being Canada's "least-wanted fugitive"....."

:lol:

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Don't forget the Rhinos' National Daycare Plan!

Open up in Inuvik, thus helping the job market up there, and at the same time, we'd only have to pay to keep it open one day a year, and get rid of the little buggers for six months!

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

Anyone know if there still around in someformat? Id cough of a G-note and Run ! Donations apreciated. I especially like the paving Manitoba. :D

canwhitewolf
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by canwhitewolf »

dltd

Last edited by canwhitewolf on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcrit
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mcrit »

vote for who you think wont send your daughters and sons to war for stupid reasons because that is what is coming up on the planet
Great fucking plan. Let's just stick our head in the sand and ignore the dangers of the world.

Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by oldncold »

vote for the one ya think will let you keep more of yur money in your jeans!
and it is not tax and spend dion or no military jack or well figure it out later may . or the send way too much money to the belle provance (qc)

so that leaves the big blue machine Conservative . ya may not like harper
but at the least the guy has a masters degree in economics . and as former usa pres said"it is the economy stupid"

and if ya are running a 150billion+ budget I for one want a guy the can read and understand a financial statement with out an litany of lawyers .

I am voting with me wallet maybe you hould too when ya go into that voting booth. 8)

habit
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by habit »

canwhitewolf wrote:vote for who you think wont send your daughters and sons to war for stupid reasons because that is what is coming up on the planet

our political system is quite broken and pathetic
You are a broken record :roll: same bullshit statements no matter what the intial topic, oh well that is the plight of the uneducated hippy I guess :rolleyes:

Dash-Ate
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Dash-Ate »

This party? :weedman:

That'll buff right out :rolleyes:
Sasquash
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sasquash »

Too bad the Liberal party is not holding a leadership conventionin in the near future. I'd like to see the poll numbers if Michael Ignatieff was leading instead of Stephane Dion.....

Return to “The Water Cooler”