Canadian Election Poll

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Who would you vote for?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:38 am

Conservative
69%
Liberal
17%
NDP
11%
Bloc
3%

Total votes: 103

mantogasrsrwy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Canadian Election Poll

Post by mantogasrsrwy »

I think you missed my point.....your letter about Harper was bullshit. Check your facts.
---------- ADS -----------

alctel
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by alctel »

I really, really don't want Harper and the Conservatives to be in power any longer, he's a jingoistic, bombastic tit and they are a bunch of corrupt US-kotowing bastards.

Sadly Dion is completely spineless and utterly useless so I can't see much changing soon!

habit
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by habit »

mantogasrsrwy wrote:I think you missed my point.....your letter about Harper was bullshit. Check your facts.

Canwhitewolf is a chracter,This guy makes up his facts, if you read some of his posts on other topics you will see a recuring theme, extreme left wing bleeding heart :rolleyes:

canwhitewolf
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by canwhitewolf »

dltd

Last edited by canwhitewolf on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the hegelian dialectic. present a problem see reaction offer solution

think about it
canwhitewolf
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by canwhitewolf »

dltd

Last edited by canwhitewolf on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mantogasrsrwy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mantogasrsrwy »

Why is attributing things to Harper that he has nothing to do with entertaining?....now I'm missing something.....

canwhitewolf
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by canwhitewolf »

dltd

Last edited by canwhitewolf on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canwhitewolf
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by canwhitewolf »

dltd

Last edited by canwhitewolf on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
habit
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by habit »

HEY Canwhitewolf and Dash ate! Guess what ? The Conservatives will likely get the majority so enjoy it boys!!!!

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

kick them both (Conservatives & Liberals) out for awhile
Now that's a realistic suggestion :roll:

What are the odds of someone except the Conservatives
or Liberals forming the government? ZERO.

**** NEWS FLASH ****

Canada isn't a functioning democracy. It doesn't matter
whether or not you vote. It doesn't matter who you vote
for. At the end of the election, one of two groups of self-
serving elitist lawyers is going to be running the country,
and there really isn't very much difference between them.

Both will do anything to get into power. Neither of them
stands for anything except them avoiding working for
a living, and ripping off the taxpayer as much as they can,
and still stay in power.

JakeYYZ
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JakeYYZ »

Da problem eez that Canadians don't know Sheeft...

But once I give them Sheeft they will eet it up, yes Canadians will eat Sheeft...

Because part of the Sheeft weel be to use those giant fan theengs for windpower so you know Canadians will love eet when Sheeft hits the fan...

And the Sheeft weel be good for the rivers and the streams and the creeks that I love to paddle on, in fact I am up Sheeft creek as we speak...
SHEEFT APPENS" monsoirs and monsoerettes, I ave deescoveered a BEEG pile of manila envelope een Liberano edquarter FULL OV MUNAY!!!! I will give dees "windfal" to farmer, fisherman and de truck driver, so vote Lieberano, eet will be good for you!

Can someone show this guy how to make a fist?

v6g
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by v6g »

Good debate. I'm most definitely a floating voter but I think it'll be liberal this time, because:

1) I can accept the fraud and embezzlement (liberals), but I can't accept sending guys and girls off to unnecessary made-up wars (Iraq) if the conservatives had their way.
2) The NDP ... well ... bunch of headline grabbing loonies.
3) Tax - despite paying a lot of it, I actually think I get relatively good value-for-money for my tax dollar and a tax-cut wouldn't be a vote-swayer for me. I'm in favour of the carbon tax as I strongly believe we need to reduce our usage of oil (although I don't particularly subscribe to any enviro-religion). I can't see any better way of encouraging reduction in oil consumption other than a revenue-neutral tax of usage. Increased fuel tax over the long term helps to ameliorate the economic pain of oil price fluctuations. Although there should be greater disparity between urban/suburban and rural areas in terms of price structures.
4) The conservatives seem to be a little too in bed with Dubbya

Other things that aren't election issues but would likely sway me if they were:
1) Legalize marijuana (and tax it) - I don't see any problem with it relative to alcohol or tobacco. None of my pot-head buddies are a problem to anyone - lest themselves. This would rapidly end much illicit wealth distribution too.
2) Polygamy - it's time to get rid of this state-sponsored culture of systematic & repetitive child rape and abuse
3) Giving the IDA a damn good kicking and implementing an equivalent to the SEC in the states, for properly punishing white-collar criminals for the crimes they commit.
4) Protecting/Claiming Canada's northern resources in the Arctic. There's a lot of opportunity up there, much of it is rightly ours. I'm not convinced the liberals have the balls to properly claim it.

Hedley mentioned the Income Trust debacle. I wasn't exposed at the time so lost nothing, but I think it was a loophole that needed closing, heck, even pizza delivery companies were setting themselves up as income trusts. They shouldn't have made it an election pledge, just done it sooner so there was less investor pain.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

One great thing about election campaigns though, is the huge bonanza of editorial cartoons showing up in the daily newspaper for all to enjoy!

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
BibleMonkey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by BibleMonkey »

v6g wrote:4) The conservatives seem to be a little too in bed with Dubbya
Most people don't realize the extent of the truth in that statement

http://thetyee.ca/Mediacheck/2005/11/29/HarperBush/

Harper is a Neocon , -extremely well disguised under nearly impenetrable layers of painted on image.

That in itself isn't a reason to vote against him-the best possible outcome is another minority government-it doesn't really matter who wins it, since the population of North America has entirely lost control of their governments in the last two decades;the only empowerment left in the ballot, in selecting the red sock puppet or the blue sock puppet-is in limiting their ability to do further damage to our freedom.

Four1oh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Four1oh »

too bad the poll didn't include 'UNDECIDED'.

Drinking outside the box.
Four1oh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Four1oh »

So will Harper be in bed with McCain when he wins? Will he be in bed with Obama if he's prez? So, getting along with your #1 trading partner is considered sleeping with them? :roll:

ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

Im going out on a limb here and going to Call a Conservative Majority Government, any bet takers?

Four1oh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Four1oh »

. wrote:Im going out on a limb here and going to Call a Conservative Majority Government, any bet takers?

I'll guarantee you they'll make the next government, but I think it's a coin toss if it'll be a majority. Here's for hop'n

niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by niss »

You and me baby, we'll rule this continent!

She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
Topspin
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Topspin »

v6g wrote: 1) I can accept the fraud and embezzlement (liberals), but I can't accept sending guys and girls off to unnecessary made-up wars (Iraq) if the conservatives had their way.
"Made up?" I won't start but I can agree that Canadian's have no place there.
v6g wrote: 2) The NDP ... well ... bunch of headline grabbing loonies.
It's a shame that the whole country doesn't yet realize this.
v6g wrote: 3) Tax - despite paying a lot of it, I actually think I get relatively good value-for-money for my tax dollar and a tax-cut wouldn't be a vote-swayer for me. I'm in favour of the carbon tax as I strongly believe we need to reduce our usage of oil (although I don't particularly subscribe to any enviro-religion). I can't see any better way of encouraging reduction in oil consumption other than a revenue-neutral tax of usage. Increased fuel tax over the long term helps to ameliorate the economic pain of oil price fluctuations. Although there should be greater disparity between urban/suburban and rural areas in terms of price structures.
You actually believe that a Carbon tax will reduce consumption? You still have to heat your house, drive to work, buy things that are trucked. It's a scam.
v6g wrote: 4) The conservatives seem to be a little too in bed with Dubbya
No Comment.
v6g wrote: Other things that aren't election issues but would likely sway me if they were:
1) Legalize marijuana (and tax it) - I don't see any problem with it relative to alcohol or tobacco. None of my pot-head buddies are a problem to anyone - lest themselves. This would rapidly end much illicit wealth distribution too.
One would think that the Amaaaricans would scream bloody murder, and the border would turn into a snail crawl whilst everything is inspected, private or commercial.
v6g wrote: 2) Polygamy - it's time to get rid of this state-sponsored culture of systematic & repetitive child rape and abuse
I would reword this to it's time the law applied to everybody equally.
v6g wrote: 3) Giving the IDA a damn good kicking and implementing an equivalent to the SEC in the states, for properly punishing white-collar criminals for the crimes they commit.
Agree.
v6g wrote: 4) Protecting/Claiming Canada's northern resources in the Arctic. There's a lot of opportunity up there, much of it is rightly ours. I'm not convinced the liberals have the balls to properly claim it.
I would question whether the liberals have the balls yes, but it is without question that the liberals under stephanie dianne willmost certainly not.

Return to “The Water Cooler”