Perimeter

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

swords1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Perimeter

Post by swords1 »

Can anyone advise on the quality of training at Perimeter for the Multi IFR rating?
---------- ADS -----------

flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flyinthebug »

Professional & good equipment. Plus, the CFI is a great guy. Good place to renew or do your initial IMHO. Cheers

Crispy3M
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Crispy3M »

Is Barry R. still there?

Crispy

Disco Stu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Disco Stu »

Crispy3M wrote:Is Barry R. still there?

Crispy
Nope. Left last month to join the military.

"The South will boogie again."
KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Sword. I highly recommend Perimeter. The're equipment is top notch, and with winter here, it's nice to be able to train in IMC (there planes are deice equiped) and that experience is invaluable.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
jimdandy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by jimdandy »

Perimeter is only half the company now that KAG has moved on. Sorry left the vacuum on- :lol: J/K u should be fine now that KAG is gone- oopps Just teasin ya buddy :lol: That company has a great rep. Any $$$$$ spent there is $$$$$ well spent. IMO.
Wave

Catch & Release, Catch & Release
JD
Flyin' Hi
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flyin' Hi »

From someone who is currently going to perimeter, i am quite impressed, very well maintained a/c and excellent instruction. I'd recommend it to anyone..... well at least anyone i liked!

maniac779
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by maniac779 »

Perimeter is quite possibly the best flight training unit in the country, bottom line.

Dusty flaps
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Perimeter

Post by Dusty flaps »

Just wondering if anyone has some current info on Perimeter...I see from their website they have a relatively new CFI. Also does anyone know the current hourly cost for their aircraft plus any fuel surcharges? Appreciate the info.

DBR
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DBR »

New CFI is a good guy. Former guy moved on, as so many instructors.
Rates are just below 300/hr. Not sure about a surcharge. The Peg is dealing with ATC restrictions in the summer, but I think that is a national problem. You can get your stuff done quickly. They have a bunch of new instructors there, most ex-Harv's. All good guys if you ask me. PAG pays their instructors really well nowaydays, and good benefits, so the guys are not there to milk you. You can always give them a call during office hours and inquire more info.

Goodluck

gaamin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by gaamin »

Edit

Last edited by gaamin on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Matthew »

gaamin wrote:Currently doing my training there.

Professionnals. Maintenance included. Their training Travelairs are the smallest aircraft of their fleet, and it seems them training to their standards is more a way of being sure not to run short on qualified pilots, than to make a big profit of it.
The general organisation of instruction is very methodic, efficient and seems to make you a good multi-IFR pilot. As said above, instructors don't seem to try and milk you.
Until now, rates are 275/hr. Will become 300/hr within weeks. Taxes included, no surcharge.

Overall, I'm very pleased so far, will post more once done with all the training.
Thanks gaamin!

That's what I thought too after talking to the CFI.

I plan to do my MIFR there within a month or two...or three, as soon as I get this stinkin INRAT written.

Keep me posted if you can, or PM me with advice on the whole operation. I'll need to get a room out there too.

Cheers, Matt.

Triple7
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Triple7 »

Is Perimeter hiring FO's on to the metros right now? website says requrmnts are 250hrs. Do they actually hire that low? anyone know? or do they start you on the ramp? pay as an FO there? training bonds?

gaamin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by gaamin »

Last edited by gaamin on Sun May 05, 2013 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Triple7
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Triple7 »

ive sent in about 4 resumes to perimeter and heard nothing. anyone else hearing back?

Onthestep
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Onthestep »

Havent flown with Perimeter or anything myself howere if your interested in some more information there is a great article on them in the current issue of Aviator Magazine (Nov/Dec 2008)

Onthestep
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Onthestep »

Just wanted to appologize for my last postings, the article on Perimeter is actually in the current issue of "Wings" magazie not "Aviatior" as I had previously stated.

TR
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TR »

Triple7,

I know a couple people at Perimeter, PM me and I'll give you an email address.

I'll ensure it gets looked at.

TR

Return to “Flight Training”