sikorsky 76a

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

sprial
Rank 0
Rank 0

sikorsky 76a

Post by sprial »

just found out that i starts flyin with ems in a couple of weeks, so i wanted to do a bit of studying on the 76, but cant seem to find either flight manual. do anybody know where i can download one?

thanks
sprial
---------- ADS -----------

r22captain
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: sikorsky 76a

Post by r22captain »

have you flown a jetranger? They fly the same way more or less....gutless........oh and you can see sweet f all out of the 76 landing at night.....and they auto like a r22 .....hahaha was I a help?

tdawe
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by tdawe »

now now, don't be jealous just cause they could leave your bus in the dust between point A and point B.

http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/190924 ... appos.html

This is a pretty lengthy thread on 76, with answers from a guy who helped design it, all sorts of tidbits there. I don't quite thing gutless is the word for it, but the A model could use a better stove, you'll be temping out more days then not.

Between the nose and the over sized glare-shield the visibility is a poor at times, usually what it means is as the flying pilot you'll be able to see where your landing, (albeit perhaps with a slight amount of crab) but as the Non-flying pilot you may not be able to see the spot as well.

r22captain
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by r22captain »

holy you're on here too!!
Sorry I love the 76 :twisted: it is much faster then my row boat......especially with a company VNE of 100 kts........it's just not fun ahha

C-Phil
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by C-Phil »

I just started to work on the EMS division too since october 1 2008! Im so happy to fly the S76A! Big difference on the speed! I love that too!! :prayer:

Phil

Return to “Helicopter Forum”