Pilots need to learn how to file CADORS

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

patter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Pilots need to learn how to file CADORS

Post by patter »

I am going to make sure I learn how to file them, and where to file them.
Especially for level of service issues. And then I am going to teach other pilots how to do the same. I would think SMS would encourage CADOR filing.
---------- ADS -----------

B-rad
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Pilots need to learn how to file CADORS

Post by B-rad »

Last edited by B-rad on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My ambition is to live forever - so far, so good!
Big Pratt
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Big Pratt »

I :heart: lamp.

lilfssister
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by lilfssister »

patter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by patter »

Actually I think this might be the correct page.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/civilaviation/natio ... report.asp

CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

patter has the correct website. Here it is again, hotlinked:

Aviation Incident Report

2milefinal
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by 2milefinal »

I do not think an Aviation Incident Report is the same as a CADORS report. Or am I wrong.
Anyway the last time I attempted to file a CADORS report (long time ago) I was told I could not, because I was a pilot.

KAFUFO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by KAFUFO »

Nothing better to do with your time? At least the cocksuckers filing the CADORS right now are getting paid to do it.

2milefinal
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by 2milefinal »

:smt017

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

KAFUFO wrote:Nothing better to do with your time? At least the cocksuckers filing the CADORS right now are getting paid to do it.
Been tagged by one lately have you?

C-FABH
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by C-FABH »

Don't worry about accuracy. Make some stuff up if you need to. Half the garbage in there is wrong anyways.

B-rad
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by B-rad »

i dont think cadors are anything to be afraid of as they dont mean any kind of punishment... unless they decide they need follow up action and this report has been made...
its like... after 911 if we had a canadian terrorist daily reporting system that allows you to report any one who you might think is a terrorist.. and if this person you reported did end up doing something.. then now they have something started on them. does that makes scence?

they file cadors anytime an aircraft decides to overshoot, turn off final, near misses, or anything else the person feels was out of the norm as far as i understand.. heck alot of standard flying gets cadors reports. it can make a pilot feel like they were doing something wrong when they wern't. however, if there was an issue that needed attention ad a cadors was reported with follow up action being needed.. then TC looks into it to hang who ever was in the wrong. not that they care to make it any safer.. they just want to pass blame.. thats how it will affect you.

you can look up cadors online but i dont feel like finding a link to post.. im sure someone will if it becomes needed. they are kinda fun to read tho. oh and i'd guess you already know ho cadors work as they seam to get posted alot when there is a funny one but i felt like giving you what i know in case i really had something to share you didnt know. i'll error on this side.

My ambition is to live forever - so far, so good!
Chuck Ellsworth
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Chuck Ellsworth »

The ever expanding B.S that these people dream up will eventually result in the industry either shrinking down to only the most needed type of flying or mass disregard for most of this stuff.

The most difficult thing about flying is knowing when to say no.

After over a half a century of flying I can not remember even one trip that I refused to do that resulted in someone getting killed because of my decision not to fly.
AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

. . wrote:Thanks B-rad just between you and me the CADORS are about the last thing that would be of any interest to me.

It does smack of the big brother mentality though. :mrgreen:

The ever expanding B.S that these people dream up will eventually result in the industry either shrinking down to only the most needed type of flying or mass disregard for most of this stuff.

I think making as much screw ups/occurences/unsual things that happen available to all pilots just increase the general awareness of the flight crew population. I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't think the system is meant to be punitive, but rahter, more informative.

Going for the deck at corner
CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

2milefinal...

We had a similar discussion back in August (yes, ., you asked similar questions then too :wink: ). Also, do keep in mind what Hedley said on another thread.

Anyway, here is a basic overview from the site:
The Civil Aviation Daily Occurrence Reporting System (CADORS) is a national database which stores information on aviation occurrences. Aviation Safety Intelligence gathers data on irregularities, incidents and accidents from various sources such as Nav Canada, the Transportation Safety Board of Canada, police services, other Transport Canada departments and the public. The data is then consolidated and entered in the national database in order to provide Transport Canada's senior managers with factual and timely information. Trimestrial and annual reports on trends are also created from that data.

When an accident or a reportable incident occurs, it has to be reported to the Transportation Safety Board as required by the Canadian Transportation Accident Investigation and Safety Board Act.

It is now possible for anyone to report an event by completing the Aviation Incident Report form available on the Transport Canada web site. This information will be verified and then added to the database.

2milefinal
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by 2milefinal »

Thanks for the link CD
....wow you all got a little fired up
By the way I never put anything on paper (if I can help it). :wink:

Vickers vanguard
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Vickers vanguard »

AuxBatOn wrote: I don't think the system is meant to be punitive, but rahter, more informative.
I agree with you on that.......years ago, got in IMC during a VFR training flight. Called terminal for assistance and was Radar vectored back to the airport. It lasted about 15 minutes. Had a call from transport thru the flight school to write a little text about how did I get myself in that situation. The story ended there.
I find some of the reports on Cadors to be too minor to be worth the reporting, but a lot of stuff is actually very informative. It's good to have access to the site again.

KAFUFO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by KAFUFO »

Been tagged by one lately have you?
Had a few. They weren't worth the paper they were written on, so why the @#$! would anyone who wasen't getting paid to file them want to file one?

patter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by patter »

Why do you need to file them? Certainly not to get yourself in trouble.
But if you are denied access to airspace.
Or if the airport you flew had no fuel and there was no notam.
There are animals on a remote runway with regularity.
The lights blink on and off at night.
Nav Canada is rude to you.
Your flight plan gets lost even though you filed it.
The corridor you fly in is too congested.
There are vehicles on your runway that won't get off.
The gate codes don't work.
There are rocks from the crumbling concrete on the taxiways.
The runway is icy and no one notamed it.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

first of all, CD, oh great guru of all internet info, can you help an old guy out and give me a link to have a look at CADORS archives. Would like to see what is actually being reported on. I tried to get through on the link posted but could not access.

I was chatting with a buddy (ya gotta love SKYPE). He was telling me that they are seeing more and more serous stuff
(he is FSS). Things like skeds calling downwind then final on a runway and then landing going the opposite direction.
They tried dealing with many of these issues informally (contrary to what they are supposed to do), and they got nothing but flak and attitude from many of the pilots.

So, I want to have a look at just how serious some of these reports are. And as a little piece of advice from a fellow pilot, if the good folks at FSS tell you that you screwed up, be humble and learn. Telling someone in FSS to @#$! off and get a life when you are in the wrong is not condusive to them forgetting the whole thing. Just saying is all...

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post

Return to “General Comments”