LCE's F/O job ad

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Snowgoose
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

LCE's F/O job ad

Post by Snowgoose »

Has it really gotten that bad out there for people. Training bond to be an f/o on a PC-12? CPL with Iatra or ATPL? Not sure what the Iatra is for, you don't need it to be an f/o or captain. And a training bond? With captains you can argue the Simcom costs but a PCC is 2 hours in the airplane.
---------- ADS -----------

It's better to break ground and head into the wind than to break wind and head into the ground.
Mclovin
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Mclovin »

Not to mention that they want a minimum of 1000 hours total time and 500 hours on type or turbine experience. For an F/O! WTF?!

stevewilson
Rank 2
Rank 2

PC12 F/O

Post by stevewilson »

I love the bit about how instructing does not qualify you for the job!
Come on down off your high horse and BITE ME :lol:

Wondering
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Wondering »

I dont think instructor time should be logable. Unless its military.

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

Wondering. Why are you so disrespectfull of instructors :?: :?

Wondering
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Wondering »

Because why should a guy get his ATPL in 1500h of flying around a airport with no real IFR or Multi and a non instructor flying the right seat has to be put through hell for 3000h of night IFR down to mins in the artic. No one respects the guy in the right seat. Now that I have my ATPL I try to give the guy in the right seat the respect he needs. If a aircraft needs two pilots then both pilots should get full flight time.

Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

Wondering, let me guess, your'e a bitter right seater that can't get an upgrade because you have no PIC. The worst pilots that I've flown with are the guys that got a job as a right seater with 200hrs, theyv'e got no decision making skills and always need a babysitter in the cockpit. Somehow these guys also manage to have the biggest ego. I instructed for a few hundred hours and the experience still pays off.

Flying Newf
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Flying Newf »

Instructing should be a retirement job; someone with experience passing on knowledge. Not some 200 hour wonder up scaring himself on a poor unknowing student's dollar. If any time is only gonna count as half it should be instructing. The industry is all backwards! :x

Hindsight is 20/20!!!!
cedarjet
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cedarjet »

Instructors get paid too much as well :evil:

The real cedarjet
The Bandit
Rank 1
Rank 1

Requirements for F/O

Post by The Bandit »

I believe the requirements for f/o are insurance. Insurance companies rule now a days. As for instructors, LCE employed several in past that never worked out. Its funny, it alsways seems to be the same people complaining about the same old thing. FYI, the company has recieved 360 resumes in 4 days all meeting the requirements.......and no instructors! WTF!!!! oh well happy flying!!

Snowgoose
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Snowgoose »

So why the training bond for F/O?

It's better to break ground and head into the wind than to break wind and head into the ground.
The Bandit
Rank 1
Rank 1

why the training bond?

Post by The Bandit »

Well as if this topic hasn't been answered and argued about a million times. As all the complainers here have made clear in past posts, the PC-12 is not any good to career minded pilots because it has only 1 engine. Companies who operate them provide the poor lonely pilot no career progression. The training bond is mandatory so no one has to got to the owners of the company and explain why the company just spent $15K USD to train a pilot or in the case of a f/o @ 3 hrs of actual aircraft flight training at a cost of $3000.00 plus lost revenue for the training day plus cost for training pilot,ground school, nav canada and so one, just to have the pilot jump ship because they get offered a job on a 30 year old king air 100 with no bond. Get the picture. It may be a surprise, but just because you operate an aircraft does not mean you have $$ to loose making poor lonely pilots jobs. By the way, when was the last time a flying school or instructor gave a student pilot a break on training to help out the career progression of a pilot??? A job is only a job if you get paid well, treated well fly good equipment and both parties have a stake in keeping things above board. Anyway, my .02 cents!

Return to “Employment Forum”