National HR Plan

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

W0XOF
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: National HR Plan

Post by W0XOF »

Hey W0X0F, I think you are covered under "et al"

Andrew, I do know there were a couple of similar situations at my site. The members contacted the union and it was straightened out the next day. You might want to encourage them to do the same (even though I get the feeling you do not like the union). Also, if you want to get on the email distribution list, send a request to caw2245pac@telus.net. I don't think he has a choice but to add you. :smt008 At least you can stay informed when your shop steward is away.
:prayer:

Nailed it!
---------- ADS -----------

Read you 2 by 2. Too loud and too often!
aklinz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aklinz »

Hey Mohun !
Actually, my shop steward sent me a copy late yesterday via my Shaw E-Mail at home. Thanks anyway for the update, though. Seems that Todd is still working even though he is sick.

And no, "WOXOF" is NOT included under "et al". (I had the misfortune of listening to that raving lunatic and his incoherent tantrums on the old "grapevine" a few years back). After his first few posts on this forum, I had a friend (who works in I.T.) program a filter on this site, so I don't even see his posts..... Not at all interested in his delusional rants.

And actually, don't mind the union at all. As has been stated before in other threads: with our employer, we NEED our union. I have the utmost respect for Derek, and have found him to be professional and courteous. I also hear nothing but good things about Wayne Lorenzen, too. :D
Cheers
Andrew Klinzmann

Jerricho
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Jerricho »

aklinz wrote:After his first few posts on this forum, I had a friend (who works in I.T.) program a filter on this site, so I don't even see his posts.....

Really? Most normal people use the "Friends and Foes" option. I think I'm calling bullshit.

aklinz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aklinz »

Hello Jerricho.
Whatever, think what you want. Pretty much all bulletin boards have some form of "IGGY" protocol, but they are way too easy to circumvent (my daughter runs into this on Facebook, Plenty-of-Fish, etc). It's just easier this way.
have a good one
Andrew Klinzmann

Mohun
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mohun »

aklinz wrote:Hey Mohun !
Actually, my shop steward sent me a copy late yesterday via my Shaw E-Mail at home. Thanks anyway for the update, though. Seems that Todd is still working even though he is sick.

And no, "WOXOF" is NOT included under "et al". (I had the misfortune of listening to that raving lunatic and his incoherent tantrums on the old "grapevine" a few years back). After his first few posts on this forum, I had a friend (who works in I.T.) program a filter on this site, so I don't even see his posts..... Not at all interested in his delusional rants.

And actually, don't mind the union at all. As has been stated before in other threads: with our employer, we NEED our union. I have the utmost respect for Derek, and have found him to be professional and courteous. I also hear nothing but good things about Wayne Lorenzen, too. :D
Cheers
Andrew Klinzmann
Hi Andrew.

I think you can filter people by going to the "user control panel" and the "friend or foes" options.

Also, (not to start anything) I have been a shop steward for a while and have had good dealings with the western VP. To each their own though...

grimey
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by grimey »

Jerricho wrote:
aklinz wrote:After his first few posts on this forum, I had a friend (who works in I.T.) program a filter on this site, so I don't even see his posts.....

Really? Most normal people use the "Friends and Foes" option. I think I'm calling bullshit.
There are Greasemonkey scripts available for Firefox that will do exactly what he's saying.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/831

no sig because apparently quoting people in context is offensive to them.
Jerricho
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Jerricho »

aklinz wrote:Pretty much all bulletin boards have some form of "IGGY" protocol, but they are way too easy to circumvent (my daughter runs into this on Facebook, Plenty-of-Fish, etc). It's just easier this way.
(I know I shouldn't bother but.......)

So, based on the premise that on the extreme outside chance WOXOF wants to monkey around to circumvent a function on this website so he can torment and taunt someone on this forum, the aid of an IT professional was enlisted to implement a filter to negate such intentions.

Wow............

W0XOF
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by W0XOF »

Wow is right.

I have no intention of tormenting anyone. I just have a hard time not responding to mistruths and manipulation of the facts. Especially when it is done on purpose. I can tell you his posting of this info isn't because of a misunderstanding in the facts. I believe the rest of the FSS in this forum should have the correct info and to understand who is just trying to stir things up.

Just to further point out his deceit, he has no idea who I am (it was his choice to add his name, my choice not to). He claims he remembers me from the old Grapevine forum. I can tell you that I have never posted on that site. Maybe I have the same user name now perhaps???? That would have been 10 yrs. ago........

I think I have provided some credibility in my posts. I posted the ATSAC update after I said that temps would be moving shortly in the new HR plan. He only had to make 1 phone call. He also in a roundabout way has stated that he won't talk to his VP. Hard to get info that way. I guess you can make up your own info that way perhaps?

I just hope that people can see that what he is doing is spreading mistruth with an agenda, then filtering out one of the posters who knows his dirty little secrets and has at least some of the correct info. Clearly it shows that he is not interested in the facts.

I'm not trying to stick up for or validate my methods of posting. I just want people to be very wary of what we read in his posts.

Read you 2 by 2. Too loud and too often!
aklinz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aklinz »

Just got word from Derek in CYWG. Seems like some form of HR plan is coming (early to mid May ?). Initial estimates are for a mass bid of up to 46 positions. No word yet as to how many bids per person will be considered (they may allow more than the contract-mandated 2 bids). Anyone else hear anything new ?
Andrew Klinzmann

Mohun
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mohun »

Yes, I got the same information from Jim Nauss, VP Western Region.

aklinz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aklinz »

As of last Saturday, the bids are out ! According to the Oracle iRecruitment website, we are allowed to bid for 4 positions. Closing date is May 22nd. Good luck everyone !

aviatrixfss
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aviatrixfss »

I am at one of the sites that is still on the list for possible closure. I would prefer to stay here. If the decision is made to keep us open, then I will be very happy. However, if they decide to close us in a year or so, I will have missed my opportunity to bid on the multiple sites listed in the job postings now.
Why are they having all this movement now before any decisions have been made? It sucks for those of us who are still in limbo.

GilletteNorth
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by GilletteNorth »

It's almost always just a question of good luck on the timing. One month you bid and accept a job opening for one of your better sites, next month they post a position opening in your dream location... too late for you to get it. It happens.

Having a standard that pilots lose their licence after making a mistake despite doing no harm to aircraft or passengers means soon you needn't worry about a pilot surplus or pilots offering to fly for free. Where do you get your experience from?
Zatopec
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Zatopec »

aviatrixfss wrote:if they decide to close us in a year or so, I will have missed my opportunity to bid on the multiple sites listed in the job postings now.
What prevents you from applying?

Zatopec
_______

He who has his ear to the ground has his ass exposed
aviatrixfss
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aviatrixfss »

I don't want to move. If the deadline for these transfers/bids is May 22nd, the lists will come out before a decision is made regarding my station. (I have actually heard from someone in YOW that the whole LOS has been put on hold...not sure if I believe it.) Why bid when the future of my station will still be up in the air when a decision will have to be made by me whether to move or not? If my station closes, then I will make a decision.
I just don't understand why all this movement is taking place now.
This sucks!! :cry:

NJ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by NJ »

If your unit were to close, would you be given your choice of where to go, or would you be assigned somewhere else?

aviatrixfss
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aviatrixfss »

I don't think that they can arbitrarily re-post me. I have almost 16 years in, so I should have some say. Although, the last time they closed a station on me, I was told if I didn't sign a request for the FIC, they would send me wherever they wanted! This time I'll fight for a posting that I want, whether it has any vacancies or not. But I still would rather stay where I am. Man, I hope I win that $26M tonight...then I'll tell them where they can stick their job!
I'll call in retired from Aruba. :lol: :lol: :drinkers: :drinkers: Why isn't there a smiley with a little umbrella drink??

bigfssguy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bigfssguy »

Ya even within the bid there is some tough decisions with the possible versus available. My dream spot is a possible but of the 4 i have on my list 2 of the sites have available. Now by some miracle i win on one of the available's and take it to find out 3 months down the road before i even move that my dream site is up i'm gonna be p'o'ed. It's a tough call either way but after 4 years in the north i need to live somewhere with a Wal-mart and no 9$ milk. But the bright side is with only 7 yrs seniority i'm probably not goign to win anything so i'm stuck here anyways...lol! Damned if you do damned if you don't!

FSS: puting the Service back in Flight Services....
sigmet77
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sigmet77 »

Read your Collective Agreement and you'll find out exactly what your relocation rights are. Should your station close they will probably do you the courtesy of asking what sites you want, then they tell you what's available, then you'll be given an offer. Refusal = bye bye and in a climate where the company is looking at cutting I'd think long and hard on your approach. Just my opinion.

aklinz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aklinz »

For AVIATRIXFSS: Yeah, I know what you mean. But the company has ignored staffing for so long, this Nation HR plan was bound to come. With 16 years in, they can't force you to move. If they close your site, then you get the DIP (I think...) I too had my station closed and had to make a decision I really didn't want to make. Basically, the opportunity is there; you better bid if you think they will close your station. I, too, have heard the LOS is beig delayed. Transport Canada making a fuss, maybe ?

Return to “ATS Question Forum”