Why am I getting such attitude when I call places??

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

AntiNakedMan
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Why am I getting such attitude when I call places??

Post by AntiNakedMan »

scopiton wrote: No it was not me unfortunately, I don't pay to work and am not in such a distress, I don't give a @#$! that you didn't mention any name.
what you mentioned is your attitude and I'm glad a prick like you is not part of this industry anymore.

One day you'll need something and being asking for it might be painfull. you don't have the right to humiliate someone with your fellow pilots over the phone, neither here on the net.
remember : one Day you'll beg for food and someone will laugh at you...
I see you have trouble reading - I am still in this industry. I have the humility to ask for help when I need it, but I also have the ability to realize that a joke may be had at my expense every now and then. I laugh at other people, and I laugh at myself. You should try laughing once and awhile. Good luck finding a job, now or in the future when you may be begging for it, I will think of you when I am flying tomorrow, and hope that if I make a poor radio call you can hear it, and have a chuckle about it :)
---------- ADS -----------

"It's not the size of the hammer, it's how you nail" - Kanga
scopiton
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by scopiton »

I'm getting excited for my retirement from commercial flying (for awhile at least) and working in a profession where the average maturity level is consumate with the responsibilty excercised - only 3 months left!
Did I miss something here??

thanks buddy no worry for me I'm laughing everyday, enjoy retirement..........

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Hawkeye4077 wrote:FFP: Fair enough. I probably misinterpreted you.

So If I was to call you for a chat, Would you have any good news for me? :)
Sorry. We let go of a pilot last year and it is my understanding that we are not replacing him. Boss man wants 1000TT minimum for anybody we 'might' hire. :(

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
'effin hippie
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by 'effin hippie »

ANM, that was damn funny.

Those of you on his case are either clueless or need to relax your grip on your chair.

I had a whole spiel about how to get through to a CP, and what to say when you get there, but I couldn't be arsed to finish it.

Times are tough. If you are a low-timer it is going to take a great deal of creativity and determination to get a foothold in the industry. CP's in general are going to view you as one more fly in the cloud of flies annoying them; and all the hand-wringing in the word isn't going to change it.

Best of luck.

ef

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

My guess is that if you're getting attitude from CP, then you obviously forgot to print your resume on cloud paper! Rule number one man!

I still have some left over if you need it.

AntiNakedMan
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by AntiNakedMan »

Hahaha I can't wait to see a resume on cloud paper. First person that mails the company I am at a resume on cloud paper, I will call you and bullshit with you about flying for a half hour. I will even give you resume pointers if you like.

Now the trick is to find out where I work.... shouldn't be too hard.

"It's not the size of the hammer, it's how you nail" - Kanga

Return to “Employment Forum”