Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore
Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
Well?
"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
Here's a pic of Doc trying out the new crotch rocket:


-
. ._
- Top Poster

- Posts: 7374
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:50 pm
- Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.
- Contact:
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
I think he bought the new Harley Rainbow.

But I still think he should go Bandit- Reynolds style.

-istp

But I still think he should go Bandit- Reynolds style.

-istp
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
Haven't picked it up yet. I rains every day. Going to get it Tuesday next week. wx permitting.
Here it is....still on the floor...

It's a new '07 650 Bandit.
Here it is....still on the floor...

It's a new '07 650 Bandit.
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
They're so clean sitting there on the showroom floor,
all shiny and spiffy.
I just wish they looked the same after 50,000 km!
all shiny and spiffy.
I just wish they looked the same after 50,000 km!
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
Sweet, Doc! You're going to love it. And welcome to the Bandit fraternity.
I may have mentioned it before, but there's a great forum with loads of good info at Maximum Suzuki Also it's a very pleasant forum with extremely helpful members and next to no jerks. Very enjoyable.
I may have mentioned it before, but there's a great forum with loads of good info at Maximum Suzuki Also it's a very pleasant forum with extremely helpful members and next to no jerks. Very enjoyable.
Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!
“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
-
Just another canuck
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2083
- Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 6:21 am
- Location: The Lake.
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
Just what are you trying to say?5x5 wrote: Also it's a very pleasant forum with extremely helpful members and next to no jerks
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
Hey, whats wrong with a joke now and then? Looks like a hoot.
While I was at the car show in YVR I saw a few bikes. Never liked em until I was up next to em.
While I was at the car show in YVR I saw a few bikes. Never liked em until I was up next to em.
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
The first time you swing a leg over a liter sportbike,
you will lose all interest in so-called exotic cars.
For $7,000 you can buy a used sportbike that will
go through the quarter mile in under 10 seconds,
and will bounce off the rev limiter in 6th gear at
300 kph.
you will lose all interest in so-called exotic cars.
For $7,000 you can buy a used sportbike that will
go through the quarter mile in under 10 seconds,
and will bounce off the rev limiter in 6th gear at
300 kph.
- SenyorJim
- Rank 2

- Posts: 54
- Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 5:10 am
- Location: the other side of the hill, Kootenays BC
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
I am riding a classic 75 T500 stroke for last 30 years- great fun and am currently wrenching a 82 400ge for a newby rider who got it for 350 bucks- nice bike with cool windscreen shoei but neglected
-broken bolts and electrics flashers etc but runs nice 24000k and she will love it
just drilled out bolts and put a new chain on and expox'd plastic flasher housings
a good deal as she did not fire it up and buyer was a little snakey
riding a bike tends to rev up your alert mechanism if you want to survive
j
-broken bolts and electrics flashers etc but runs nice 24000k and she will love it
just drilled out bolts and put a new chain on and expox'd plastic flasher housings
a good deal as she did not fire it up and buyer was a little snakey
riding a bike tends to rev up your alert mechanism if you want to survive
j
Mark Twain said, “It's not the parts of the Bible I don't understand that bother me ... it's the parts I do.”
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
Hedley, I've always thought it would be cool to own something like a GSXR1000. Just to be on something with that potential! Knowing you can eat anything on the road. A true power feeling. The thing has so much power, you don't have anything to prove.....everybody just "knows" you could if you really wanted........
Your opinion of a Super Duke......?
Your opinion of a Super Duke......?
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
Literbikes are the only vehicles that I have ever
operated, that acted as if the throttle was directly
connected to the speedometer needle
You twist your right wrist, the speedometer needle
linearly winds up. You unwind the throttle, the
speedometer needle goes back down again. No slop.
They are mechanical engineering masterpieces
that provide an incredible bang for the buck.
It is a great mystery to me, why everyone doesn't
have a liter sportbike and a single-seat Pitts. Neither
is very expensive, but both will blow your mind and
humble you with their engineering genius and
refinement from decades of development.
P.S. My father says the F-104 was the same way
with the throttle - it behaved as if it was directly
connected to the ASI. A -104 with a late-model
J79 would be a cool airplane - apparently it can
"super-cruise", that is, fly supersonic in level flight
without afterburner.
It a source of great disappointment to me, that
no Canadians fly the -104. Look how everyone
went nuts about the Sabre that Vintage Wings
restored
operated, that acted as if the throttle was directly
connected to the speedometer needle
You twist your right wrist, the speedometer needle
linearly winds up. You unwind the throttle, the
speedometer needle goes back down again. No slop.
They are mechanical engineering masterpieces
that provide an incredible bang for the buck.
It is a great mystery to me, why everyone doesn't
have a liter sportbike and a single-seat Pitts. Neither
is very expensive, but both will blow your mind and
humble you with their engineering genius and
refinement from decades of development.
P.S. My father says the F-104 was the same way
with the throttle - it behaved as if it was directly
connected to the ASI. A -104 with a late-model
J79 would be a cool airplane - apparently it can
"super-cruise", that is, fly supersonic in level flight
without afterburner.
It a source of great disappointment to me, that
no Canadians fly the -104. Look how everyone
went nuts about the Sabre that Vintage Wings
restored
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
Hey. Don't rag on my bird man!
Don't think I'd like to work on a Lawn Dart though. I've heard horror stories about them.
Sorry for the hijack.
Hey Doc.. congrats on the new toy. I'm working on getting a bike... sometim ein the next 10 years i should be able to afford one!!
Sorry for the hijack.
Hey Doc.. congrats on the new toy. I'm working on getting a bike... sometim ein the next 10 years i should be able to afford one!!
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
Huh? I think Hawk One is fantastic! My father flew 700Don't rag on my bird man!
hours on various marks of Sabres over the decades, and
he describes them as a sweet-flying airplane.
P.S. I would gladly spin a wrench on (or fly) a -104,
though I would like a little dual in it before I went solo.
Most airplanes you hear horror stories about, it turns
out to be complete nonsense.
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
Meecka, go visit http://www.thekneeslider.com
There are many 750 and 1100 Viragos listed for less than 2K. I know you like the V twins. These are good cheap bikes. They have an almost cult following. Your mom rides one, doesn't she? It'll get you "in the wind".
There are many 750 and 1100 Viragos listed for less than 2K. I know you like the V twins. These are good cheap bikes. They have an almost cult following. Your mom rides one, doesn't she? It'll get you "in the wind".
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
Its usually those telling the stories that are the horrors.Hedley wrote: Most airplanes you hear horror stories about, it turns
out to be complete nonsense.
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
Here it is, with less than 200 kms on the clock. Still clean. I'm less than 20 kms from Rushing River. Good place for a scoot. And a pic.


- SenyorJim
- Rank 2

- Posts: 54
- Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 5:10 am
- Location: the other side of the hill, Kootenays BC
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
nice- not all covered with plastic either
Mark Twain said, “It's not the parts of the Bible I don't understand that bother me ... it's the parts I do.”
-
. ._
- Top Poster

- Posts: 7374
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:50 pm
- Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.
- Contact:
Re: Doc! What Bike Did you Buy?
SWEET!
Now the next thing I would do is get some engine guards.
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/pr ... /1999/178/
Because now that you have a new bike, some dick is gonna knock it over in a parking lot. That's usually the way it works.
Try not to get too mad at the bugs killing themselves on your headlight.
-istp
Now the next thing I would do is get some engine guards.
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/pr ... /1999/178/
Because now that you have a new bike, some dick is gonna knock it over in a parking lot. That's usually the way it works.
Try not to get too mad at the bugs killing themselves on your headlight.
-istp


