Thank You :)

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

RyanNS
Rank 0
Rank 0

Thank You :)

Post by RyanNS »

Hey guys and gals,

I'm just a lowly crew scheduler at Jazz who happened upon this site while I was "busy" at work late one night. Anyways I'll be leaving the company at the end of June but before I left I just wanted to tell anyone who reads this what a pleasure it was working with you all over the past two and a half years. I'm sure I've probably been the bearer of bad news for some of you on more then a few occasions and despite of any negative feelings we may have had in the past I want you all to know that I've regarded you all with the utmost of respect. Make no mistake about it, the line of work you're in can be thankless at many times to say the least. There has been more then one occasion we're I've dreaded informing a pilot or fa of changes we had to make to their schedule. I know many of you over the past couple of years have told me that you would never want my job and I can honestly say that I would agree with you! Despite of all of that I really think that there is a decent rapport amongst us all at Jazz and no matter how much someone (management or unions) would have us think differently, we'll continue to work together as professionals in the coming years.

I know we are heading into turbulent times together and I hope that all goes well for your group as a whole. As someone who see's what you go through on a day to day basis I can honestly say that you guys and gals deserve everything you get in the upcoming negotiations. Although I've limited experience in the airline industry, what I did find out over the past couple of years is that when you become an employee of an airline you're thrust into many situations that the average "9-5 Joe" couldn't imagine in their worst nightmares. Through all of this I've had the fortune of meeting and interacting with quite a few of you whether it be limited to phone conversations or when you've had the unfortunate thrust upon you and had to walk through the one place where all "the magic happens", the SOCC centre in YHZ.

When I leave Jazz in a months time I'll look back with nothing but fond memories. The memories that I'll leave with are all going to be based upon my day to day dealings with all you folks. Like most other normal people I never looked forward to going into work. But I won't lie when I say this, I honestly looked forward to speaking with every Jazz crew member on a personal level. From the newest "807XXX" number to the wily old vets that came over from Canadian Regional, Air Atlantic, Air Ontario, Air B.C., Air Nova etc. Regardless of what stereotypes and preconceived notions came along with working in "screw sked" :lol: I always, thoroughly enjoyed the simple things and really did enjoy when I could inform a crew member that they were released, could check in later or had the day off with pay!

Whatever road you decide to take in the future I hope it treats you well! It's been nothing short of a pleasure to work with you all and I'd consider myself one lucky Cape Bretoner if I get to work with, or "hopefully travel with" you again in the future!

Cheers!

Crew Sked Ryan
---------- ADS -----------

mattedfred
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Thank You :)

Post by mattedfred »

thanks for the kind words and best of luck with your next career ryan. it was a pleasure working with you as well.

genetic jack hammer
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by genetic jack hammer »

You were a class act, Ryan. An absolute pleasure to deal with and talk to. Even when "fit hit the shan" during irrops, you held your composure. You'll be missed here. All the best.

806XXX

countryhick
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by countryhick »

All the best Ryan!!

simplyput
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by simplyput »

Great post. Sorry to see you go Ryan.

Best of Luck.

RFN
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RFN »

Best of luck Ryan!

You went out of your way a number of times on my behalf, and it always made a huge difference.

Thanks for all of the help, especially over the Christmas season last year.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

All the best Ryan, it was a pleasure working with you. Just curious- where are you headed
8013xx

Chuck Yeagermister
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chuck Yeagermister »

Sorry to hear your leaving Ryan. All the Best!
70169X

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

DUDE!!

Sad to hear you going. We've talked alot since I've been a reserve hound for a while. Best of luck in your future endevours. Thanks for making my reserve life a little easier.

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
Go Guns
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Go Guns »

It was always a pleasure talking to you Ryan. Best of luck in the future!

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

8050XX

Character
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Character »

Your appreciative post is a reflection of your classy demeanor of which you always exercised when on the phone. Wishing you well in your future endeavors and once again, thanks for making the sometimes "less enjoyable" phone calls not so bad.

805xxx.

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth gets a chance to put its pants on"

Sir Winston Churchill
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

That sucks.

Ryan, you were definitely one of the best, even when you called me at 4 am for a four dayer when I was trying not to work.

All the best,

Francis Hane

El Comat
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by El Comat »

Cape Breton??? lol and here I always referred to you as "Newfie Ryan" (or "non-supervisor Ryan") when the other CSers would ask which Ryan I wanted to speak with. You were (are), by far, the best crew "schedder" that I've had the pleasure of dealing with in the last year or so. Silvia is a close 2nd partly because she's from Sudbury :D. When I lost my block for this month, you helped me shuffle my reserve days so I could keep my travel plans intact, and I owe you big time for that!

Best of luck wherever your next line of work takes you. And be sure to poke your head in the cockpit on any Jazz flight!

80X824

No Conflict
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by No Conflict »

All the Best Ryan, pleasure working with you!! Good luck in future Endeavors!

Midnight Zulu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Midnight Zulu »

I think it's safe to say that you were one of the best in Crew Sched...my fav for sure. All the best in the future dude,

80X696

Keep on Given Er
WetJet
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by WetJet »

Congratulations Ryan, you were one of my favorites!

PC12flyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PC12flyer »

Hey Ryan, I wish you all the best in your future endevours! You were one of the best crew sched people I ever dealt with. You will be missed for sure.

Cheers,

Black Cat
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Black Cat »

Sad to hear you're leaving Ryan. You did your job exceptionally well and were always a pleasure to deal with. Best of luck and THANK YOU "buddy" You will be missed.

Brize
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Brize »

don't go :smt085

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”