A380 YYZ ops

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

No Conflict
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: A380 YYZ ops

Post by No Conflict »

First time landing today it was beside some 777's and 67's... meh, not so impressive.... second time around it was beside some airbuses, and HOLY SH*T that thing is big... tail is a monster!

yeah, it was cool.... then i went home.....
---------- ADS -----------

20DMEYYZ
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 20DMEYYZ »

El Comat wrote:Well the big bugger landed on 06L. I had just commuted in and was heading for my car when I saw all the throngs of plane spotters on the roof of the T2 parking garage. I had my back to the bird and one lady yelled down to me, "You're missing it!!". lol...I was more concerned about missing rush hour and getting to the crash pad in a timely manner, so I didn't watch it taxi in. I'll be honest, to me it's just a big, ugly Airbus. The 747 will always be my favourite big bird.

EC
definetely the 747 will always be the queen of the sky's ! allthough i didn't mind those 340 stretches that Air Canada had before they went boeing for the ER/LR routes .

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

I've seen the ice cream . Sure, there's lots. That's it. Nothing special. Actually arrogant to be truthful. They tried to bud-in in FCO. They are not the Virgin girls. Nothing more than an inconvenience. sorry bro. Teach them that stripes mean something, from other airlines too.
ok THAT is funny! An AC pilot talking about arrogance. ("Teach them that stripes mean something" lol)

If you can't see the positive in things that's your problem I suppose, (how VERY Air Canada) but if you can't find any of our girls (over 11,000 now, from 150 different nationalities) attractive I have to call bs. We have a lot of ex-Virgin girls, fwiw. (No pun intended.) Try chatting with them, you might be surprised to find how friendly they are when they don't come from a North American airline culture...the good looking ones will probably even talk to YOU!

Either way you're going to sit in line, enjoy it or not...makes no difference to me!

:lol:

(And the A380 is ugly as sin...)

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Wonder what the GTAA crooks charged for the landing fee. Worlds biggest airliner at the worlds most expensive airport. :wink:

Let’s Go Brandon
C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Yeah but take out the fuselage and its got the nicest gull wings ever looking at it from head on

linecrew
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by linecrew »

Nobody's got pictures to show?

yyz monkey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by yyz monkey »

linecrew wrote:Nobody's got pictures to show?
Ask and ye shall receive :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28998225@N ... 056347531/

The Theory of Flight - Because even after 100 years, we're still not sure it works!
sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by sky's the limit »

I came across these while cruising around Flickr, not mine of course.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/news46/set ... 027401803/

stl

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

complexintentions wrote:
I've seen the ice cream . Sure, there's lots. That's it. Nothing special. Actually arrogant to be truthful. They tried to bud-in in FCO. They are not the Virgin girls. Nothing more than an inconvenience. sorry bro. Teach them that stripes mean something, from other airlines too.
ok THAT is funny! An AC pilot talking about arrogance. ("Teach them that stripes mean something" lol)

If you can't see the positive in things that's your problem I suppose, (how VERY Air Canada) but if you can't find any of our girls (over 11,000 now, from 150 different nationalities) attractive I have to call bs. We have a lot of ex-Virgin girls, fwiw. (No pun intended.) Try chatting with them, you might be surprised to find how friendly they are when they don't come from a North American airline culture...the good looking ones will probably even talk to YOU!

Either way you're going to sit in line, enjoy it or not...makes no difference to me!

:lol:

Please don't paint us all with the same brush. :wink:

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

My apologies. You are correct, it isn't fair to lump everyone together.

So I will simply say: Tony, I really hope the next time you suffer the misfortune of being forced to wait in a line behind multiple attractive, personable young women - from whatever airline - that you find a way to see it as more than simply an annoyance. And if you still do, may that be the biggest problem you encounter that day.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
C-FABH
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by C-FABH »

gustind
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by gustind »

ID's photos. Nice.

Daniel Gustin
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Nice photos!

Let’s Go Brandon
yyz monkey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by yyz monkey »

gustind wrote:ID's photos. Nice.
Yeah, he got a couple of good ones there.

The Theory of Flight - Because even after 100 years, we're still not sure it works!
PawneeDave
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PawneeDave »

I was on top of the T2 garage, I thought that was the safest bet. My question, up until like 1515 aircraft were landing 24R, and then they switched to 6L. It seems the media was all set up already down at that end. Was there advance notice that they would land 6L regardless of wind?

Regarding the Customs Hall, when the crew line is 30 deep back past the Nexus machines, you realize you are always welcome to take any line you wish. If the regular lines are shorter, why stick out the crew line? Only 1 in 10 customs officer will say something stupid to you. This is Canada, everyone is welcome at every line, there is no Canadian only line, or single traveller line....

As for the exit, there only will be two officers taking cards, as there are only two channels, no room for a third like T3. When it gets really busy, they may open the supplementary exit down by belt 6, but crew coming down the stairs can't tell this when you are between 9 and 10.

PawneeDave
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PawneeDave »

Also, not of high quality, but some of my pics from the afternoon.

Attachments
IMG_9142.JPG
IMG_9142.JPG (464.33 KiB) Viewed 944 times
IMG_9122.JPG
IMG_9122.JPG (352.45 KiB) Viewed 936 times
IMG_9121.JPG
IMG_9121.JPG (351.38 KiB) Viewed 927 times
C-FABH
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by C-FABH »

Nice ones, Pawnee Dave! I suffered the wrath of some obstructive powerlines :mrgreen:

El Comat
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by El Comat »

C-FABH wrote:
El Comat wrote:Well the big bugger landed on 06L. I had just commuted in and was heading for my car when I saw all the throngs of plane spotters on the roof of the T2 parking garage. I had my back to the bird and one lady yelled down to me, "You're missing it!!". lol...I was more concerned about missing rush hour and getting to the crash pad in a timely manner, so I didn't watch it taxi in. I'll be honest, to me it's just a big, ugly Airbus. The 747 will always be my favourite big bird.

EC
So that was you, eh :mrgreen:
haha...did you see my awesome YYZ beater mobile? 400,000 km on that hog! If I would've had my SLR with me I might've stopped to take a few pics, but I had an 8-leg, 13-hour day (oh ya, throw in a line check too) to look forward to the next day. One of these days I'll bring my camera to work and get some nice pics of the beast.

EC

golden hawk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by golden hawk »

Did anyone notice that the Captain began his career in Burlington. He left Canada, and is now on top of the world!

Zeus, Apollo - patrol!

Return to “General Comments”