Hawkair and Canada Jet: looking for info

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Captain Stinky
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hawkair and Canada Jet: looking for info

Post by Captain Stinky »

I am looking for any and all info available on Hawkair and Canada Jet in BC. I have heard a few iffy things about Canada Jet--anything confirmed? Also, Hawkair: good company or not? Heard you need to buy your DHC-8 rating to get on there, not sure if this is true. Hope not, because this trend is pissing Stinky off!

Thanks for the info,

the stink :oops:
---------- ADS -----------

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RB211 »

Why don't you go directly to the source to find the answers?

Ask if you can set up an 'informational' interview. Specify that and also how much time you would like (10 min?). Don't exceed that amount. Sometimes if you request an opportunity to talk besides when specifially looking for a job it is easier to get in. Just don't change it into a scenario where you are asking for a job while you are there.

The time spent showing interest and asking intelligent questions will likely be rememberd. It may also decide for you whether or not you wish to still pursue work there.

It has worked for me before. Good Luck :)

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

I believe that Hawkair recently did a round of interviews....not sure if they only hire -8 rated guys....wouldn't suprise me though....I think they want to expand their fleet and routes to compete with CMA but lack the $$$.

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

I know of one guy who got on at Hawkair a while back and had the rating before they hired him, and he seems pretty happy there. That was about 3 years ago. Also know of a guy who got on without the -8 rating(about a year ago, I think), so I think they will hire guys without the rating if it is the right individual, but I am sure they would show preference to rated guys.

Canadajet: have heard good things about it. DFO is a great guy.

Just my $.02

Return to “General Comments”