Advice for a newbie (training & work in BC)

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

r22captain
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Advice for a newbie (training & work in BC)

Post by r22captain »

Canadian has an OK school out East, and they do a reasonable job of teaching, but the big bonus there is, they only hire low-timers who've gone through their schools.... It's most certainly not the best place to learn, but if you can have a shot at a job afterward, then it may be well worth it.
ouch...I think I turned out ok :P:P :lol:
ya the school has gone through some instructors since I was there. Not what it once was. But the company training you get if you get hired on is A1. Wish it was still in Penticton though damn it.
---------- ADS -----------

sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by sky's the limit »

r22captain wrote: ouch...I think I turned out ok :P:P :lol:

Haha,

No personal offense intended - you seem like a reasonable bloke.... But easy on the Cool-Aid! LOL "A-1???" Not likely, but decent enough. There are some truly "A-1" outfits out there that make CHL wither in comparison, but that's not to say working for CHL is entirely bad. ;-) Know quite a few good people there as a matter of fact...

stl

comet555
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by comet555 »

Thanks again for the excellent advice. You guys have been so helpful and most of all honest, which I really appreciate.

For now, I've given him all the information he can. He most definitely does not have a rosey outlook on the whole thing! He still really wants to fly but I've made it very clear that he needs to consider everything (including our family life) before deciding what he wants to do. Luckily he's got lots of time to figure things out.

Right now it's hard to say what will happen. I think we've got all the information we need so it's a wait and see game now. I do know that if he does go ahead he will definitely do the training in BC. We understand the logic and importance of training there and the schools seem excellent, so that would be where he would go if all this happens.

Anyway.... not sure what else to say at the moment. I'll try and check in again in another year or so closer to when we're going back to Canada. Hopefully we'll know what's happening by then!

Return to “Helicopter Forum”