Any info on WWFC?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

spanky38
Rank 0
Rank 0

Any info on WWFC?

Post by spanky38 »

Does anyone have any info on the flying club in Waterloo? I saw their job posting and was wondering if its a good place to work. Any info would be helpful, i.e. #of students, pay, #of hours, good enviornment etc...
---------- ADS -----------

daddylonglegs
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by daddylonglegs »

WWFC used to be a great place to work. There is new management this year and a new regime. Pay used to be good - $19/hour for a class 4 instructor. Oh yeah, and there is an outstanding lawsuit for unfair dismissal and sexual harassment of a former instructor.

Edited: The allegations in the lawsuit have yet to be proven in court.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

sexual harassment of a former instructor.

Was the instructor male or female?

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
daddylonglegs
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by daddylonglegs »

female

No Conflict
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by No Conflict »

WWFC is not a bad place to work.

The Instructors there are not as close as other schools I've worked at, but most of them are good people.

WWFC has definitely changed direction since new CFI came, but for a new instructor, it's a good way to start. You'll have alot of chances to excel.

spanky38
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by spanky38 »

Boy, I never dreamed I'd cause such a ruckus....just wanted some info.

being new to this whole industry (and a little worried at this piont) I do have a question that seems relevant......how much does this club charge for instruction?

CommSpaz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CommSpaz »

Club charges $44/h for PPL and COT instruction
$48/h for "advanced" instruction

daddylonglegs
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by daddylonglegs »

The instructors at the WWFC are professionals. They provide quality instruction and work hard to ensure success for their students.

helmetfire
Rank 1
Rank 1

WWFC aka Flying Club

Post by helmetfire »

The WWFC used to be a decent place to work.
The number of instructors vs has increased, and the hourly pay has dropped.
10+ years ago instructor made $19-25 per hour.
Instructors billed on average 650+ hrs a year.
They had full benefits, and for awhile profit sharing and Xmas bonus.

Stan_Cooper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Stan_Cooper »

Of all the people who are really pissed about this, who actually does or has worked at one of the big two flight schools at KF? PM me if you like, I used to work at one of them.

chewsta
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chewsta »

Unfortunatly, this topic has degraded into a shouting match. On Wednesday night, names were named in this thread against the policies of AvCanada. In addition, several of the posts were deemed to be libelous. As such, I have edited this thread to leave in fact only. Hopefully, there is enough information to answer the original post, and therefore I have closed this thread.

I have also deleted threads from users with multiple usernames on the same IP addresses.

I have been in contact with the management at WWFC. Issues discussed in this thread are being taken up internaly - face to face. I would also like to note that not all IPs in this thread are from the Waterloo area - and so this thread was not entirly an internal matter.

Any further libelous comments or naming of persons will result in immediate removal of the post and most likely your username and IP will be banned from this forum.

(Play nice everyone)

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

Unlocked.

no names.

Chewsta: AvCanada has 4 users posting from his address. surely you don't allege that he has so many identities? People have roommates, people can bounce off webproxies. Take a deep breath and relax.

duplicate2
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by duplicate2 »

It's nice to know that the moderators can moderate each other. Hopefully this doesn't fall under libel or naming of names, but doesn't it appear that chewsta is a little too close to this situation to have an objective perspective? I would welcome his comments, but not his censorship.

It seems that it would be better to have a moderator unconnected to WWFC or it's competition or any related parties to decide how best to protect avcanada's exposure.

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

Sometimes a different perspective can help.

I've had some pretty hot threads come up about companies I've worked for. I have freinds at others that have gone wild. It's in no ones best interest to quash a hot debate. At the end of it all, its never who has the most or least posts that wins a debate. The facts come out and people can make their own decisions based on what is out there.

The Dangerzone!
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by The Dangerzone! »

Why was my posy deleted, It wasnt innapropriate.. I was just stating my opinion on the state of the industry these days and how ue to supply and demand I have to work for 8 bucks an hour

Brahma
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Brahma »

Last edited by Brahma on Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

endless wrote: The facts come out and people can make their own decisions based on what is out there.

Yes...like when one day last weekend I finally got to OWN pimper

http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

Pimper..I own you...

pimper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pimper »

You own me? I'll get to that at the bottom of the post.

You never answered me on the other string..so I will try it again...what do you do with your pilots after the summer is over? Do you tell them they can go on EI? Do you fill out the forms for them? I can't believe you have spouted off for so long about being honest, being a great employer, standing up against dirty boses, etc etc etc when you are one yourself.

You litteraly entice pilots from other jobs for twin time. You use them for the summer then you discard them till you need them again. You pay shit then you send them off to the EI line. I'm also sure the MNR would like to know that half of the pilots you hire don't meet the minimum qualifications to transport ministry staff. I have also wondered why the MOH hasn't put a restriction on centre line thrust. The moment they do that is the moment your applications will stop.

You own me....you like to tell others that you own a penthouse in toronto, you like to tell others that you own a landrover, you like to tell others about your wonderfull vacations but you can't seem to pay your employees what they are worth....you don't own jack let alone pimper...go preach somewhere else.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

" I have also wondered why the MOH hasn't put a restriction on centre line thrust. "

Well Pimper, I can answer this part for you.

The CLT airplanes are just perfect for the job thay are being used for...they are bird dog aircraft and have excellent visibility for that work.

Not to mention two engines.

We had nine of them in the Flying Fireman and they were the best airplane avaliable for the job.

" I'm also sure the MNR would like to know that half of the pilots you hire don't meet the minimum qualifications to transport ministry staff. "

How many MNR employees has H&L killed or injured?

Cat

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by hazatude »

All of IABD's pilots that I've talked to have been very happy with the setup.

Return to “Flight Training”