PRO IFR in Boundary Bay British Columbia

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

helinas
Rank 5
Rank 5

PRO IFR in Boundary Bay British Columbia

Post by helinas »

What does anybody think of the PRO IFR instrument program that they have as I am looking to do my re-ride (ifr). I am from the Toronto area, and as well what do you think of the Beech Duchess as an Ifr trainer that PRO IFR uses.
---------- ADS -----------

N2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by N2 »

I don't know about Pro but I do have time on the Dutchess and it's not a bad IFR platform. It's kind of weak on one engine but then again most light twins are and given the choice of the BE74 or the PA44 I'd take the BE76. You'll love that trailing link gear..ohhh so soft on the landings!

Just curious as to why your going out there? PM me if you don't want to discuss it here I'm in the same boat right now.

I just looked up their 76 and it looks like it's good old BKI. I flew that one back in the late 80's.

FA28 guy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FA28 guy »

Markham, Guleph, Oshawa and Burlington all have good instructors and reasonable airplane why go west

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

If your doing a renewal and your from TO why not just go to Perimeter in winnipeg?

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
g-girl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by g-girl »

Pro is quality training, but is expensive, and not needed for re-current,

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

ZBB is great for IFR training for a couple reasons:

First, It's only 3 nm and 1200' vertically from the YVR TCA. So, you get busy fast. And YXX is only about 12 minutes away, and they have an ILS, so the ferry time on your training flights (if necessary) is short, yet you still get constant interaction with terminal control.

Second, and more importantly I think, they get lots of IMC weather this time of year.

So, if you decide to come out here, don't just look at Pro. i mean, they are good, but so is Canadian Flight Centre. They have a couple of Seminoles in really nice shape and good instructors. Them and Pro are the top 2 IFR programs out there, but worth mentioning is Montair, and Pacific Flying Club. (both have Senecas).

hope this helps.
wp. 8)

Return to “Flight Training”