Job hunting in the corporate world?

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

tired of the ground
Rank 5
Rank 5

Job hunting in the corporate world?

Post by tired of the ground »

So what's the etiquette for job hunting in the corporate world? Show up with resume in hand, "can I have a job please, sir"? Phone calls to the CP's house at 2am? Obviously, networking is the way to go, but I can't say that I know anyone flying in this sector.

So what is the best way to go about it, both for Corporate charter and Flight Departments?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

sissyphus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Job hunting in the corporate world?

Post by sissyphus »

One way to do it is watch where the airplanes are going. Have a look for C registered airplanes in the controller. Work backwards. See where the flow is going. See if you can spot a company buying several airplanes. Send resume. Air Sprint has been buying Citations steadily over the last few years, its a bigger company which means more turn over. Smaller companies usually have the pilots prior to the airplane.

Or you could go to the local FBO, poke your nose around. Find the name of the CP, send resume.

Hope this helps,

good luck

The mouth is the anus of the mind.
DocAV8R
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by DocAV8R »

Try the Pilot Careers Centre web-site- it lists who is hiring. Porter is expanding- Just got the 14th Aircraft and expects to have 20 by Feb. If you are not at that level- they are hiring their pilots from other companies which will in turn need to fill vacant spots. Check out the companies web-site- call and speak to the friendly receptionist- you'd be surprised how helpful they can be if you ask nicely. Be willing, not desperate, and be flexible and congenial. Attitude is 90% once you have the prerequisites.

Good Luck!

marcorivera16
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by marcorivera16 »

I am planning to move to Canada, I am Venezuelan and I have been looking for a job in Canada, I am always looking for job openings in avcanada, pilot career centre and bestaviation jobs.

I do not know anybody up there so I have to do it by myself, it is not easy in that way but I have to keep trying.

ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

Welcome to Avcanada, The biggest question I and every employer will have for you is "Do you have the Right to Work in Canada"? If you do its just a matter of having a Canadian licence and applying.

Don't get frustrated their are many qualified pilots out of work right now in Canada as with the rest of the world.

Return to “Corporate”