Thunder Ad
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore
Thunder Ad
good on em for actually posting wages and having a proper pay structure.. even if it isnt the millions everyone expects to be making.
It should almost be mandatory for posting an ad on avcan in my opinion, but it seems nobody wants to advertise their ridiculously low wages... so good on thunder for puttin it out there
It should almost be mandatory for posting an ad on avcan in my opinion, but it seems nobody wants to advertise their ridiculously low wages... so good on thunder for puttin it out there
Re: Thunder Ad
Amen to that
My ambition is to live forever - so far, so good!
-
Sneeker
- Rank 1

- Posts: 35
- Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:56 pm
- Location: I come from the Land of the Ice and Snow from the Midnight sun where the hot springs blow
Re: Thunder Ad
Sounds pretty good to me. Just wondering how many guys with 2000 hrs and 1000 be10 applyed...... 
Re: Thunder Ad
how many miles a year does an f/o do, average ? just curious
Re: Thunder Ad
When I was there I was doing about 7500 every two weeks, but it did vary from 5000-10000 depending on how busy things were. Thunder is one of the best 703 companies you could hope to work for.
Re: Thunder Ad
It's a nice change somebody who puts it all out there so you know what your in for before you even apply.
I Love this line
I do disagree with the 24 months, your training only last 12 months. But like I said before, their company their requirements, and if it's a good company you should have no problem fulfilling your obligations.
Lurch
Unfortunately, Thunder does not operate any Boeing products so we do need a training agreement
I do disagree with the 24 months, your training only last 12 months. But like I said before, their company their requirements, and if it's a good company you should have no problem fulfilling your obligations.
Lurch
Take my love
Take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care
I'm still free
You cannot take the sky from me
Take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care
I'm still free
You cannot take the sky from me
Re: Thunder Ad
If you can handle the pager, there are a lot worse places to work. I did 18 months there and the flying was great, the MU-2 was pretty cool, and the coworkers were awesome. The pager, not so much.
Re: Thunder Ad
The King Air crews are rarely paged out at odd hours as the MU2s are the dedicated medivac machines now. I'm not saying it can't happen, but you can count the times on one hand per year.
I would guess 120k-180k miles a year spread depending on the pilot.
I would guess 120k-180k miles a year spread depending on the pilot.
- Redneck_pilot86
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1330
- Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:47 pm
- Location: between 60 and 70
Re: Thunder Ad
I dont know about Thunder, but some companies have the option for 2 year PPC's.Lurch wrote:It's a nice change somebody who puts it all out there so you know what your in for before you even apply.
Unfortunately, Thunder does not operate any Boeing products so we do need a training agreementI Love this line
I do disagree with the 24 months, your training only last 12 months. But like I said before, their company their requirements, and if it's a good company you should have no problem fulfilling your obligations.
Lurch
The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
Re: Thunder Ad
I would like to thank everyone (100+) who took the time to apply. Please be advised that these positions have been filled.
Re: Thunder Ad
Bobm, thanks for always taking the time to keep candidates in the loop! Many years ago you took the time to answer my phone call and answer my questions. In the end end I didn't take the job at Thunder but I am always appreciative that you took the time and really seemed genuine.
Take care.
Take care.
Pierre Maguire should have his larnyx ripped out! IDIOT!
Re: Thunder Ad
Thunder was great to work for. I'd go back in a heart beat if I could have travel passes. Maintenance is second to none. (Except the paints and interior suck, but that's not up to the maintenance dept.)
Re: Thunder Ad
Holy sweet mother of pearl... A thread about a company that didnt end in negativity and bashing! AWESOME
You guys rock. Apparently thunder does too.
You guys rock. Apparently thunder does too.
Re: Thunder Ad
That's because bobm is a class guy. Don't let it go to your head, Bob!Rowdy wrote:Holy sweet mother of pearl... A thread about a company that didnt end in negativity and bashing! AWESOME
You guys rock. Apparently thunder does too.
Re: Thunder Ad
Thunder was by far my best job that I've had, I loved it there.
The 24 months goes by in a breeze due to the way you are treated and quite frankly paid. Co-workers when I was there was awesome, even the 3 am call outs where actually enjoyable because you went to work and knew that a bad day would be a good day due to who you were with.
I all hell broke loose here at Jazz, thunder is on the top of my list for places to knock at.
Cheers,
MikeF
The 24 months goes by in a breeze due to the way you are treated and quite frankly paid. Co-workers when I was there was awesome, even the 3 am call outs where actually enjoyable because you went to work and knew that a bad day would be a good day due to who you were with.
I all hell broke loose here at Jazz, thunder is on the top of my list for places to knock at.
Cheers,
MikeF






