Low Flying---Nice but illegal but fun!

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

C-150Pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Low Flying---Nice but illegal but fun!

Post by C-150Pilot »

Check this out. Tell us your LOW flying stories

Not bad.
http://www.airviolence.com/request.php?64

Very Dangerous. Stupid idiot went under powerlines. This stupid kid think he is James Bond or sumthing lol.!
http://www.airviolence.com/request.php?164

Tell us yours stories
---------- ADS -----------

Fly it until the last piece stops moving
"I give your landing a 9...on the Richter scale."
The Dangerzone!
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by The Dangerzone! »

WOW!!

Im sure all sorts of people will jump all over that sort of behavior, but that was crazy. THose are some pretty damm good flying skills, regardless of if he should have been doin it or not. What kind of plane was that, was it a 172 or 152
:shock: :shock:

C-150Pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by C-150Pilot »

I think its a 152...not sure

motherfokker
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by motherfokker »

Whoa thats some cool sh**t

Fly it like ya stole it!!!
SkyKing
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SkyKing »

definatelt not a cessna, it's t-tail, don't know what it is though

hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by hazatude »

Talk to pipeline pilots and crop dusters about flying low. They've got the best stories.

floatman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by floatman »

ya..it's the new C-152/PT6/Retractable/Pressurized/ with flush rivets and speedbrakes. It'll take you from point "A" to the place where you can buy a grip in about .3 at .80 @310 :roll:

I can see the obit. now.... C-150 Pilot broke his mother's heart when he crashed while trying to roll a C-150 while flying low and hurling insults over the radio to a former JetsGo pilot.

Get a grip Junior.

Don't Let the Same Dog Bite You Twice - . Berry
ice ice baby
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ice ice baby »

They'd best keep an eye :shock: out for the powerlines

C-150Pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by C-150Pilot »

ya..it's the new C-152/PT6/Retractable/Pressurized/ with flush rivets and speedbrakes. It'll take you from point "A" to the place where you can buy a grip in about .3 at .80 @310

I can see the obit. now.... C-150 Pilot broke his mother's heart when he crashed while trying to roll a C-150 while flying low and hurling insults over the radio to a former JetsGo pilot.

Get a grip Junior.
Cheeze man calm down.

East Coaster
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by East Coaster »

OT: What's the backgroud music in the first one? anyone know the artists or song name?

n/m
Robyn - Blow my mind

:roll:

East Coaster
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by East Coaster »

floatman wrote: I can see the obit. now.... C-150 Pilot broke his mother's heart when he crashed while trying to roll a C-150 while flying low and hurling insults over the radio to a former JetsGo pilot.

Get a grip Junior.

Hahahahaha!

Blue Side Down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Blue Side Down »

:shock: Quite irresponsible and reckless, but none the less fun to do (and to watch) so long as you fly alone and knowing full well that you will kill yourself right quick if you mess up. Gives the advice "Don't f@ck up" real meaning.

It looked like he always had an out, though, so the only damage he could do would be to crater himself in. I'm not sure how his buddy filming would feel about that though... sure would suck to go in because of someone else's screw up- especially if that pax was a non pilot or low timer.

Thanks for the post... seems like an interesting site, too.

For anyone who's going to try this stuff for the first time remember:

The ground is hard and dosen't care.

...and always leave yourself an out- engine failures at low altitude with nowhere to land can be embarassing.

corn-shoot
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by corn-shoot »

That's some ballsy stuff...who hasn't had the urge...really?

But what takes the most guts/stupidity:

To fly those maneuvers?
To video them and distribute it on the internet?
Or to buy a domain named airviolence.com?

Props are STILL for boats and homosexuals that make motion pictures.
Blue Side Down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Blue Side Down »

I'd say to fly them... you can't really die doing the second two.

Stupidity and luck... all it takes. Guts is just a fancy way of saying 'stupidity'.

scm
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by scm »

uh oh - he flew within 500 feet of that person, vessel, vehicle or structure :shock: :shock: :shock:

bush pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by bush pilot »

Determined Wrote:
THose are some pretty damm good flying skills.

So you are impressed with someone who can fly low and turn a plane slightly to the left and right! I'm sorry but that is not enough to impress me. You sound like a bunch of low timers being impressed by something that is endangering both the pilot/pax and the poeple on the ground. Don't get me wrong I have done a few, but I grew out of that stage after hearing about my buddies roommate's beaver being cut in half on a unmarked power line then seeing the end result of a 172 flyby on a truck that didn't go as planned.

Blue side down wrote:
It looked like he always had an out.

Please explain to me how he has "a way out" in all situations. You even contradict yourself in your own post by saying to watch out for engine failures. what I see is a jack ass flying to low over snow which in some area's is very hard to get depth perception, all I could picture is him catching a wing in the snow and doing a couple of cartwheel's. Seen it before and will see it again. Grow up.

LH
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by LH »

From someone who has done Hydro line construction work with a helicopter, a word of advice. Most power lines have a very thin wire running above the transmission lines and that's called the "Static Line". Sometimes they run that Static line UNDER the tramsmission lines and it sags down to as low as 60'of the ground and it is absoluteli impossible to see it until too late. If one should ever fly down the Sagenauy River from Chicoutimi to the St. Lawrence and try what that pilot did, your funeral will be held three days later...........AND that's not the only place in Canada or the US like that. In my world, what that pilot did is known as "a brain cramp".

Try having to fly low because it's part of the "job description" and you soon find out that "it's a long alley without trash cans".

3juggs
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3juggs »

Looking back at when I was working on commecial and had around 100 hrs under my belt burning off solo time with just enough skill to think I was better than I really was makes me realize how lucky I really am. I spent hours at five feet over rivers and cranking and banking around trees, under wires and other obstacles. I felt like a god. Little did I know I was an accident report just waiting to happen. Then one flight turning final on one of those 747 circuits your instuctor shits on you about at a ATF I made a real big f*** up, I extended full flaps beyond glide range of the field which is a big no no and had to apply about 1700 RPM to fix up the approach. 10 secs into the approach the engine quit and at about 400 ft with no engine & full flaps I wasn't so cocky. No training can prepare you for that empty feeling you get in your gut when you realize not only can it happen to you but it's happening and you got about 30 sec to get this A/C on the ground. Don't open your month because at that alitude nobody is going to help you now. I was lucky enough to be able to get it to a two lane highway and the only skill that all the low level flying helped me with was banking between two trees about twenty feet apart landing downhill, on ice with a light tailwind coming up a S-10's ass who didn't see me first or last. Not a mark on the plane only to my ego. I just want those new pilots to learn from my mistakes because every foot closer to the ground shortens the amount of time you have to deal with a real emergency.There is nobody besides you telling you "o.k. simulated engine failure" everything just goes really silent and all you can hear is the air whisling by and your heavy breathing over the intercom. Nothing cool about that believe me. To all those instructors out there, if a student of mine goes to put down flaps beyond glide distance I take the opportunity to give them a simulated forced approach, they will get the point!!!!It's better to learn from other peoples mistakes, you won't live long enough to make them on your own is not just a saying it's words to live by!!!!

Wilbur
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Wilbur »

And these videos are why we have fourteen thousand regulations trying to protect us from ourselves, and an attitude/movement within some quarters at TC to get rid of GA. A couple of jackass kids who lack the maturity to fly responsibly. They rate right up there with street racers and drunk drivers; same "to cool to happen to me" mentality.

C-150Pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by C-150Pilot »

Im totaly with you guyz. Its friken stupid.

Return to “General Comments”