Best Flight Training Schools

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Satish
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Satish »

Hello all,
I am interested in becoming a career pilot. Can someone please help me select a good flight training school in and around Toronto, Peel or Halton ? In other words, which are the good flight training schools in those areas ?
Please help........
---------- ADS -----------

Hi,
I am basically from India, now a permanent resident of Canada. I am interested in becoming a career pilot and would appreciate anyone helping me choose the right flight school in the Toronto, Peel or Halton area.
looproll
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by looproll »

don't limit yourself to your own local area! Check out Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University http://www.embryriddle.edu/ and Flight Safety Academy http://www.flightsafetyacademy.com/main/index.php. These schools are real serious at career flight training if you are. Nothing in Canada compares. Get a student visa and get the heck out of here.

Tango01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Tango01 »

Whatever you do stay away from Toronto Airways.

TTTT-T

Timing is everything.
mcrit
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mcrit »

Canadian Flyers at Markham is the most economical school in the GTA. PM me and I can give you more details.

TTail
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TTail »

don't forget "University of North Dakota"

http://www.und.edu

http://www.aero.und.edu

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

The higher Canadian dollar might make training in the US a good idea now.

peeelot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by peeelot »

Dude don't go to the States yes the strong loonie will make it less expensive. But when you come back to canada you will have to do your commercial and IFR rides again and write the test so in the long run it will cost a lot more. And it not that less expensive because it cost $115 per hour for a 172R down there.

tusky
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tusky »

Tango
I was planning to do some training at Toronto Airways so I am interested in what problem you have/had with them. Thanks

scotothedoublet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by scotothedoublet »

Senaca/Sault/Confederation...let Dalton pay for you.

scotothedoublet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by scotothedoublet »

I meant Seneca...oops

scm
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by scm »

One thing to remember is that good flight training is more to do with the instructor than the actual school.

Brize
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Brize »

I don't know about that one. A student can always easily change instructors if the instruction sucks. Most schools have too many instructors to begin with.

I say, if when you get to the airport and the airplanes barely look airworthy, circuit is full, rental fee is $130 solo, it's 35 NM to the practice area and the next groundschool starts in 4 months, then you can't call that good flight training.

Tango01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Tango01 »

tusky wrote:Tango
I was planning to do some training at Toronto Airways so I am interested in what problem you have/had with them. Thanks
It just sucks overall. The fleet is old and not well maintained, the people there are a bunch of assholes, nobody cares about the place, Druxy's is nasty, bad customer service, and who knows what else. I recommend Canadian Flyers too.

T01

Timing is everything.
Satish
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Satish »

Anybody has any views on Brampton Flight Centre in Brampton, Spectrum Airways in Milton, and Aviation International in Guelph ?

Hi,
I am basically from India, now a permanent resident of Canada. I am interested in becoming a career pilot and would appreciate anyone helping me choose the right flight school in the Toronto, Peel or Halton area.
Blue Side Down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Blue Side Down »

SA is a fun place to fly- it's not terribly busy even on it's busy days. The one downside is that their really really good instructors have all moved on the last time I checked... but they may well have hired a new guy or girl or two since that time.

The neat thing about learning at ZBA is that if you can land on that runway with a crosswind, you can land just about anywhere.

It seems that politics is popular just about everywhere save two FTUs- Markham and Brantford. Both of those would be worthwhile locations to check out. Ask for Paul at Brantford or Morgan in Markham... both are superb instructors.

Blueskies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Blueskies »

Satish.....check your private messages

VeRmiLLioN
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by VeRmiLLioN »

Tango01 wrote:
tusky wrote:Tango
It just sucks overall. The fleet is old and not well maintained, the people there are a bunch of assholes, nobody cares about the place, Druxy's is nasty, bad customer service, and who knows what else. I recommend Canadian Flyers too.

T01
Man..no wonder you didn't get hired there!

bogey
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bogey »

scm wrote:One thing to remember is that good flight training is more to do with the instructor than the actual school.
Bingo

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

Brampton. Chunsa...

Satish
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Satish »

Hi,
First of all let me thank all the people here for responding to my post. Just shows how much people care. Also cautions you from being taken for a ride by flight schools especially when you are just entering this field. A lot of mails are informative as well as give you a sense of direction. Canadian Flyers seems to be the school of choice. But not many have commented on Brampton Flight Centre and Spectrum Airways....two schools which looked quite promising on the net, though I wouldn't know where they really stand. Hope someone will do so soon.
Thanks all the same,
Take care guys and wish you all the very best,
Satish

Hi,

Return to “Flight Training”