Another quality FoxNews moment

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Another quality FoxNews moment

Post by bmc »

I'm starting to understand the appeal for this network.

That's quite the pie chart. It all adds up to....wait a minute....193% of popular opinion.

Stunning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rbyhj8u ... r_embedded

...AND Palin's slice is smaller than the others, despite it being the largest number.

Fox...the joke that keeps on giving. :rolleyes:
---------- ADS -----------

bmc
. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Re: Another quality FoxNews moment

Post by . ._ »

OH MY GOD! You didn't just say that, did you FOX?

Siddley Hawker
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Siddley Hawker »

Al Jazeera English has just been approved for broadcast in Canada. It'll make a nice counterpoint for those who disapprove of Fox. :D

The Old Fogducker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by The Old Fogducker »

Yes, then they will be able to get "the real truth" about what's going on in the world ... while they await their activation code words.

The former News Director of the CBC ... yes, the state owned Communist Broadcasting Corporation ... Mr Tony Burman now is the Managing Director for Al Jazeera, based in Qatar.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the programming ...it should go good as background entertainment while making bombs and sewing up your custom fitted suicide vest while sitting at the coffee table.

Its great to see so much interest in Fox News Channel, and their ratings and revenues for this quarter reflect your viewing habits.

I wish that I still had the physical facility from which to air a talk show, so I could borrow a line from "The Great One" Mark Levin, and say "Get off the line ya big jerk ... ya make me sick!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqmD9Zf8VUs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dcOyXUPPcc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOZi7m9bwTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ing95CynJg

OFD

hoptwoit
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by hoptwoit »

Siddley Hawker wrote:Al Jazeera English has just been approved for broadcast in Canada.
Yes they have and here is a point I find interesting. Al Jazeera denies the Holocaust ever happened and has been granted a broadcast license in Canada.

Don Cherry is on a 7 sec time delay for saying this about players to who wear visors.
"most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French guys,"
One group gets a platform the other gets censored. :rolleyes:

People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.
North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Al Jazeera denies the Holocaust ever happened
Source?

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

Al Jazeera is staffed by former BBC people. It's not that bad actually. Similar coverage. In some case more than you'd get in North America.

Curious to read where they denied the Holocaust.

Long before the global network was formed. There was a local version that showed nonstop images of Palestinians dying. Not unlike western images of Israeli's dying, I guess. This is a different and more slick network. You'll think you're watching the BBC.

bmc
Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

At least CBC reports news as news and opinions as opinion. I will take that any day over Fox reporting opinion as news.

I'm going to knock this up a notch with my spice weasle. Bam!
Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

I've long since joined the Fox News bandwagon simply because I want the best looking girl to tell me that the world is ending.

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
The Old Fogducker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Mach1 wrote:At least CBC reports news as news and opinions as opinion. I will take that any day over Fox reporting opinion as news.

Mach1 .... that is almost a syllable by syllable quote from Robert Gibbs, Obama The Wonder Dog's Press Secretary.

Having spent considerable time "up close & personal" with a CBC News writer, its my experience that the CBC are far from unbiased, and the stories you see presented on the National, The World At Six, etc do reflect the personal preferences of the editor on shift that day .... he/she selects the stories that will run based on many factors, not the least of which is the corporate culture of the network.

The staff culture of a CBC News room is on average ... well left of centre. Some of the editors are raving nut cases for strange causes, and frame the content of the material to reflect their point of view.

That's just how the business is.

I found myself musing about the term "fear mongering" with respect to broadcast outlets recently. I thought " ... humm, pretty spectacular wording by those who have a turgid one on for Fox News..... and I was wondering just what constitutes the act of fear mongering?

For example, is a Fox News commentator speculating what would happen if the Taliban - Al Qaeda were to lay their hands on a nuke from the inventory in Pakistan? ... is that fear mongering? ... in the opinion of some ... yes, blatant BS, just trying to scare the heebeejeebees out of you. You are far better off to not hear anything of that sort ... you'll certainly sleep better with your head under the pillow.

Then I was wondering ....... the whole approach to teaching & learning pilot training drills like engine failures, forced approaches, single-engine landings, etc .... Is it really worth spending any time on .... or is it all just "fear mongering" on the part of training and check pilots? ...yup, I think so.

So next time I'm on a training flight, and an engine gets pulled, I'll do nothing, except turn the airplane back to the airport and land ... all the while saying absolutely nothing.

After all, the likelihood of a real failure is pretty remote, so its all just a big lie to make me think is important ... but I won't succumb to their fear mongering any longer.

The Old Fogducker

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

Whew... that is a pretty long stretch there TOF. Careful or you might pull something.

I have noticed a growing problem with the world. Conservative’s have gone so far right of field that anything even close to centre field looks like extreme left to the Conservatives. Of course, every action has an equal and opposite reaction and this is no exception. The Liberal movement has gone extreme left and anything in the centre looks pretty damn far right to them.

It seems as though all forms of communication have come down to this: I’m right. You’re wrong. That’s it, that’s all. To hell with evidence, fact and truth… opinion is all that matters anymore and no one will EVER admit being wrong.

Fox presents a great deal of misrepresentation and manipulation of the truth. Are other media outlets guilty of the same? Damn right they are. But the primary difference is that Fox is consistent at presenting an agenda. Facts be damned. That, in and of itself, makes them a propaganda tool not a news network. They are so blatantly inaccurate that I can’t trust them for my news. As for the CBC or any of the other Canadian news outlets… I find they present more fact and less opinion than ANY of the US news networks and I draw my own opinions… not accept theirs as fact. I will even say the same of the BBC or most of the European news networks. Are they going to make mistakes? Of course they are. The 24 hour news network has killed good reporting because there is no time to fact check anything anymore. Just get it on the air.

BibleMonkey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by BibleMonkey »

I get all my news stories from the only unbiased , open and transparent source:

http://www.nakednews.com/

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

BibleMonkey wrote:I get all my news stories from the only unbiased , open and transparent source:

http://www.nakednews.com/
Hear, hear.

The Old Fogducker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Mach:

I guess you have your viewpoint as a consumer of the product.

I have another based upon decades of being a provider of the service.

As the expression goes ... "opinions are like schincters ... every body has one."

OFD

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

TOF, you would argue to the end of time as long as you get the last word.

The Old Fogducker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

I would not. Would too ... nope ... yup .... yes you would .. no I wouldn't .... yah well, my dad can beat your dad .... no he can't ... can so ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

Would too.

The Old Fogducker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Look whose talking.

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

Now this has just become fun... and proving a point.

I wonder how long we can keep this going? :lol:

The Old Fogducker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

A long time

Return to “The Water Cooler”