Well done WestJet!

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Well done WestJet!

Post by Doc »

Saw a stray cat on the way to work this morning. Sorry, silly me. Thought this was the ADHD thread.... :smt040 :smt040
---------- ADS -----------

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt X 3 »

Jastapilot wrote:cut'n paste:
604.30 Flight duty time may be extended beyond the maximum flight duty times referred to in subsections 604.27(1) and 604.28(1)
Could you post a link to those CARS references? I didn't realize there were max duty times for private flights. I can't find it anywhere in the CARS.

Have Pratts - Will Travel
Randleman
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Randleman »

Pratt X 3 wrote:
604.30 Flight duty time may be extended beyond the maximum flight duty times referred to in subsections 604.27(1) and 604.28(1)
Could you post a link to those CARS references? I didn't realize there were max duty times for private flights. I can't find it anywhere in the CARS.
Can you not discuss this in another thread?

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt X 3 »

Randleman wrote:
Pratt X 3 wrote:
:evil: Aw, no. No, I will not start another thread just to ask a question about a post in this thread. That wouldn't seem prudent. Just because you were the originator of this thread doesn't mean you get to control it. You may have started it but then it brought about the discussion on duty days and extending due to unforeseen circumstances. And that happened on the second post of the thread. But you have the balls to single me out, when I ask another person who posted on your precious thread a question? Seriously? Isn't that the point of the forum; to discuss topics relating to aviation? And what exactly was the point of your original post? You flew on WestJet and they had an IROP and they handled it. What did you think would happen? WestJet would read this and offer you a job because you praised them on the internet? Is this a lame attempt at sucking up to them so you can have a better chance at a job with them in the future? Are you going to attach your original post to your resume? Is that why you are getting all ruffled under the collar when others pointed out the possible CARS infraction? And if that wasn't your intent and you didn't want all the attention and the discussion, why did you post this in the General Comments section of the board when the WestJet section is available? Seriously dude.

Now, back to the topic at hand. Can anyone post a link to the CARS reference above? I'm thinking Jastapilot might have quoted his companies ops manual where they took the 700 series CARS for duty times and changed them to reflect their 604 operation but by coincidence they are in the 6th section of said ops manual. I'm just interested in seeing where they came from. Thanks.

Randleman
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Randleman »

Pratt X 3 wrote:
Randleman wrote:
:evil: Aw, no. No, I will not start another thread just to ask a question about a post in this thread. That wouldn't seem prudent. Just because you were the originator of this thread doesn't mean you get to control it. You may have started it but then it brought about the discussion on duty days and extending due to unforeseen circumstances. And that happened on the second post of the thread. But you have the balls to single me out, when I ask another person who posted on your precious thread a question? Seriously? Isn't that the point of the forum; to discuss topics relating to aviation? And what exactly was the point of your original post? You flew on WestJet and they had an IROP and they handled it. What did you think would happen? WestJet would read this and offer you a job because you praised them on the internet? Is this a lame attempt at sucking up to them so you can have a better chance at a job with them in the future? Are you going to attach your original post to your resume? Is that why you are getting all ruffled under the collar when others pointed out the possible CARS infraction? And if that wasn't your intent and you didn't want all the attention and the discussion, why did you post this in the General Comments section of the board when the WestJet section is available? Seriously dude.

Now, back to the topic at hand. Can anyone post a link to the CARS reference above? I'm thinking Jastapilot might have quoted his companies ops manual where they took the 700 series CARS for duty times and changed them to reflect their 604 operation but by coincidence they are in the 6th section of said ops manual. I'm just interested in seeing where they came from. Thanks.
Oh yeah, you are a genious! Let's go out there and expose my identity so everyone can know who I am! Brilliant!! :roll: I seriously LOLd at your idea of sucking up.

No, the topic at hand was "Thank you westjet" not "oh I think they wont over your duty time." Use your brain.

Mods, pls remove this thread

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

This is the thread that never ends
it just goes on and on my friend,
some people started posting here, not knowing what it was,
and they continue posting on it
just because,
this is the thread that never ends
it just goes on........

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

I heard a Dash 8 went off the end of the runway at North Bay... :D

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Rotten Apple #1
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Rotten Apple #1 »

When do I get to talk about WestJet's Fatigue Matrix?

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt X 3 »

Randleman wrote:Oh yeah, you are a genious! Let's go out there and expose my identity so everyone can know who I am! Brilliant!! :roll: I seriously LOLd at your idea of sucking up.
No, the topic at hand was "Thank you westjet" not "oh I think they wont over your duty time." Use your brain.
So what was the response you expected when you posted your first post in this thread? It was your post that brought out the duty time discussion and since you don't seem to have any expert opinion to add to it, why are you getting all bent out of shape? You seem to be taking it personally gauging by your poorly worded response. Relax, buddy. Besides, WestJet has already flagged all the passengers on that return flight so that if their name ever applies for a job, they will give you an extra star during the hiring process for publicly praising them. :wink:

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

jonny dangerous wrote:When do I get to talk about WestJet's Fatigue Matrix?
WYF IS a Fatigue Matrix??

Like a circle, never ending, like a wheel within a wheel....

CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

Pratt X 3 wrote:
Those Subpart 604 references were from before safety oversight of private operators was transferred to the CBAA. They were dropped from the Regulations when Subpart 604 was revised in December, 2005. The CBAA requires private operators to have a fatigue management system in place. This is what the CBAA requirements are for unforeseen:
Unforeseen Operational Circumstances

The fatigue management system may provide for the flight duty time to be extended by up to three hours in the case of unforeseen operational circumstances provided that:

a. the subsequent minimum rest period is increased by an amount at least equal to the extension of the flight duty time; and
b. all persons involved explicitly agree to extend the flight duty time.

CBAA Private Operator Certificate Program Manual

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt X 3 »

Thank you CD, just the info I was looking for. :D

Jastapilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Jastapilot »

Hey Pratt, that was a cut and paste off a search i did on the Transport Canada website. Search using the term "unforeseen operational circumstances" and you'll find what I found. Incidentally off the top of my head, it's also word for word in our ops manual.

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt X 3 »

Yeah, it was pretty much the standard that I was familiar with except for the 604 and the private operator references. Thanks for the info.

Jastapilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Jastapilot »

yeah, I scratched my head when I read the private operator part too... thought it was me :D

mattedfred
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mattedfred »

Doc wrote:
mattedfred wrote:
perhpas i was wrong the last time i dutied out in YXU which is not a base for my employer?
You called it a day in London? What's that, 40 minutes from Toronto?
yup

Return to “General Comments”