HELP!!!

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
ddgaldames
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:29 pm

HELP!!!

Post by ddgaldames »

Hello I am an avionics apprentice and I recently got approved to write my CARS exam. I got laid off back in October of 2009 from exeltech, they later went bankrupt. I am finding it extremely difficult to find a job. The few jobs I've had an interview for I always ended up losing out to a licensed guy or someone with zero experience. I am currently in Montreal but originally from Toronto, and willing to relocate to most places in Canada. Does anyone have any advice or any hints on who I can apply to. I am extremely stressed out and depressed. Any advice and/or leads would be greatly appreciated. You can also email me at ddgaldames@gmail.com if you want to send me something private. Thank you.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Mihai
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:07 am

Re: HELP!!!

Post by Mihai »

Try SkyService, I know a few from Exeltech who went there. I don't know their situation or experience but all this is in Montreal.
---------- ADS -----------
 
ddgaldames
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: HELP!!!

Post by ddgaldames »

Thanks man I will try them, I appreciate it.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2467
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: HELP!!!

Post by cdnpilot77 »

---------- ADS -----------
 
acidgambit
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: HELP!!!

Post by acidgambit »

skyservice went out of business. Try places up north. You won't really find anything in the big cities now.
---------- ADS -----------
 
frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator
Posts: 766
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:58 pm

Re: HELP!!!

Post by frog »

Canjet operates a lot of aircrafts out of yul during winter and spring.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Mad Flying Ace
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:09 am
Location: CYEV and CYQQ

Re: HELP!!!

Post by Mad Flying Ace »

maybe check out Kenn Borek in Calgary - they have their own Avionics Department and are always looking for guys.

regards,

Mad Flying Ace
---------- ADS -----------
 
ddgaldames
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: HELP!!!

Post by ddgaldames »

I want to thank everyone for their support. I will give everyones suggestion a try. It is nice to know that people are willing to help.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Employment Forum”