G8/G20 VIP air travel

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

4v8r
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: G8/G20 VIP air travel

Post by 4v8r »

Well, I found this on the Nav Canada website:

http://www.navcanada.ca/ContentDefiniti ... upp_EN.pdf

An AIP Supplement that shows you the affected airspace. I might be flying to the south of it to St. Catherines/Niagara on Saturday.

Mounir
---------- ADS -----------

mag check
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by mag check »

sigmet77 wrote:I say post the pictures! This is still a free country and if they have a problem with you taking them in the first place I'm pretty sure they'll let you know.

Well, seeing as the guys in the 412 were waving at me, and the guy in the f18 gave me the nod, and a cool afterburner show, I don't think that they mind their pics taken :D

We're all here, because we're not all there.
winds_in_flight_wtf
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by winds_in_flight_wtf »

EVERYONE POST YOUR PICS ...VIDS...ETC. Many of us find this very cool :) We have only spent 1 Billion on security thus far... so for someone to tell me I cannot try to enjoy it (aviation is after all my hobby), well , simply just go shove it.

This is a world stage event, and believe it or not, the media is causing more troubles for security than a few little aviation hugging nerds :).

KEEP POSTING!

tedcuthbert
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by tedcuthbert »

lets see the pics..... marine heli's over downtown TO right now, & think I just felt an earthquake???

niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by niss »

tedcuthbert wrote:lets see the pics..... marine heli's over downtown TO right now, & think I just felt an earthquake???
Sitting here in Barrie, the god damn earth just moved.

She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
tedcuthbert
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by tedcuthbert »

I did...I did,,, thought it was just propwash LOL. Anyways, more I think about it, makes sense to drop Obama off early friday AM with a 757 at YQA for a shorter heli ride to Deerhurst, that way he can sleep in an extra half hour. Ok, enough speculation...I'll wait for the pics

liketofly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by liketofly »

niss wrote:
tedcuthbert wrote:think I just felt an earthquake???
Sitting here in Barrie, the god damn earth just moved.

Same here at YYZ.

AME 283
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AME 283 »

:goodman: If they spent 1/2 the $$ on solving the issues instead of security, we would all be better off :goodman:

niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by niss »

In light of the recent seismic activity I heard parliament approved another $2B to jack up the infrastructure just built onto vibration isolation curbs, lest the ever important G8 people vibrate around like electric football players like the rest of us.

She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
sheephunter
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sheephunter »

Was working hard laying interlocking brick today because of planning to do that work this week due to not wanting to go to town and not able to fly and had helicopters flying overhead all day long. No idea what they were because I just don't know but I'm sure on the last lap when I was having an ice cold one that the one guy in the back smiled when I waved and held up my beer. Please show your photos. I'm sure that this website is likely being monitored and if they don't like what is being posted for whatever reason... It'll get yanked... I doubt from anyone that has ever previously posted here irregardless of their security clearances and information thereto privy.

robbreid
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by robbreid »

More YYZ movements June 22

D-CCCB Learjet 35A
LX-ONE Learjet 35A
RA-86559 IL-62M Rossiya

Movements June 23

7Q-ONE Falcon 900EX Malawi 1
CS-DBF Falcon 900
144601 Challanger CAF
5N-FGT Boeing BBJ Nigerian Govt.

C-GOYR
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by C-GOYR »

I wonder if the petro canada on airport road will be off limits too.

IFRATC
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IFRATC »

OK OK. I apologize if I came off a bit pompous in my posts. That was not my intention. Hopefully this will clarify.
My only point is that we cannot as mandated by ATC MANOPS disseminate or divulge actual timings of movements. I can't tell you when to show up or when specific movements are occuring or going to occur. I have NO authority to tell you when, where, and how to get information on anything. We just can't give it out. We could face disciplinary action for breaching this rule as mandated by MANOPS.
I am ex-miltary, former pilot, and I to love to plane spot like the next guy. Especially when it involves movements of planes that are out of the norm. I don't want to piss on anyones parade. Looking back at this thread I believe I came off to harsh. I can understand how some may have sensed a bit of elitist in my typing. THAT was never my initial intent. Happy plane spotting...
I hope this ends this part of the hijacked thread...

IFRATC

C-FABH
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by C-FABH »

South African contingent just arrived with their BBJ, the Algerians are due in later this afternoon.

sheephunter
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sheephunter »

Just went into town (Huntsville). Normally it takes 4 minute from my house to the Metro Store. Today it took three minutes. I picked up a couple extra steaks for the weekend and walked to the check-out and didn't even have to wait in line. That's a first in about 3 years. If it weren't for OPP on foot patrol and in vehicles, there would basically be no one around. Counted 26 black & white OPP cruisers going into town and 32 coming home again. Things are very quiet, I wander if this is what it's all about?? Also, pretty quiet in the sky but now that the storm seems to have blown through maybe that will change.

Moose47
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Moose47 »

G'day

A Transair 737 was here (CYYB) the other day deplaning about 70 military types in civvies.

Lots of exec type traffic over the last week.

We have one Russian Air Force Ил-76 Mд on the Voyager ramp (s/n RA-78818) with another apparently coming in. There is a good possibility of further overflow traffic.

The CF-18's are operating out of here providing CAP.

Cheers...Chris

mag check
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by mag check »

C 17 has been in twice today to YQA, pretty cool display, forgot that I had my camera so didn't get anything. Hopefully they will be back.

I don't think that I have ever seen so many tinted out suv's and mini vans in my life, and the popularity of cb antenna's sure has increased. :wink:

winds_in_flight_wtf
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by winds_in_flight_wtf »

USAF aircraft im guessing?

mag check
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by mag check »

Yes American, from the 305th out of NJ.

The OPP took off in their T206 with some kind of camera on the left side(I think), gotta say, I wasn't impressed with how the engine sounded, I would guess it has at least 2 jugs that aren't making power.
Steady flow of helicopters, 412's, rcmp astars, also what I believe to be rcmp caravan, but could be wrong about that.

tedcuthbert
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by tedcuthbert »

c17's into YQA....cool must be a record heavy weight for that runway. British PM landing YYZ right now
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/VIR9979

Return to “General Comments”