Windsor Flight Schools

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

manh_attan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Windsor Flight Schools

Post by manh_attan »

Im looking for some schools in the windsor/essex county area. Where can i find more info on them? Thanks for any help
---------- ADS -----------

wha happen
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by wha happen »

manh_attan.

PM me if want any info.

High Flyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by High Flyer »

Manh-attan, there are two places to train in Windsor, Journey Air and Windsor Flying Club. Check both out and decide which one is right for you.
There is also training done in London and Sarnia if you are closer to those cities.

Pyleosnow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pyleosnow »

I recently inquired about renting a plane at the windsor flying club only to find out you had to buy a membership for about $150 or something like that. Just curious if other places are like this to?

flyincanuck
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by flyincanuck »

Yup...Brantford...

flyincanuck
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by flyincanuck »

ps: i you're getting into aviation as a profession, check out the other side of the border...it's worth a shot. Get your green card application in today :lol:

Right Seat Captain
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Right Seat Captain »

Most flying clubs are just that, flying clubs. With every club, there comes a membership fee. The membership fees usually go towards club house maintenance, member activities, whether you as the renting pilot intend to enjoy the benefits or not. But you can't usually fly the club's aircraft, unless you're a member.

Some places, such as the Flying Club where I work, require the PIC of our aircraft to be member to be covered by insurance. Not because of the fee, but because the insurance policy specifically states that members are covered. The reason being is that when someone gets a membership, we get the information about them, ie name and adress, on paper. So if anything should happen, the insurance can get the pilots info from us.

There are places out there that are not clubs, that are simply Flight schools or colleges, where you can rent from without a membership fee. However if there's one close to you, depends on where you are. I'm not from Windsor, so I don't really know that area too well. But I do knoe there are some in Toronto, and maybe Hamilton.

flyincanuck
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by flyincanuck »

YHM, yes. PM for further details.

Pyleosnow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pyleosnow »

What about Sarnia or London or anywhere in between

rdy4immediate
Rank 1
Rank 1

How about we do this

Post by rdy4immediate »

If you go here you can research any school in Canada, granted it is a TC site and some info my be out dated.

Good luck with the search

http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/ActivePage ... category=A

sisyphus
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sisyphus »

windsor flying club is a good place, but they've been having some hard times as of late. journey air is questionable. the cfi is a real prick

flying is like sex, i have some dual, tons of solo and would kill for some multi
rdy4immediate
Rank 1
Rank 1

hahahah

Post by rdy4immediate »

Hey sisyphus .... tell us how you really feel ..LOL .. and BTW your signature is the best one I have ever seen

Dyck Hertz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dyck Hertz »

hey sisyphus your right!!! sex IS like flyig......I luv it, cant get enuf of it, i'm realy good at it but i cant make a living off of it

first it's :smt057 ....then its :smt008 ....and after that its..... :smt031 (boing!!!)

rdy4immediate
Rank 1
Rank 1

please add to your signature

Post by rdy4immediate »

as I passed your signature to everyone i have ever met it came to me.... there should be one more line

we all also dread the day we have a dead stick

Dyck Hertz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dyck Hertz »

Re: flying is like sex, i have some dual, tons of solo and would kill for multi

when i was training i thought solo time was just a pasing phase.........now i know its a career! :oops: :oops: :oops:

manh_attan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by manh_attan »

how far is sarnia from windsor? any schools there?

Silver Lining
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Silver Lining »

What ever happened to Simon Pauze from the Windsor flying club?

rdy4immediate
Rank 1
Rank 1

ATC

Post by rdy4immediate »

Simon got out of flying and into controlling .. he started the ATC program at Cornwall in March, he was very please about the change.

meow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by meow »

Dyck Hertz wrote:hey sisyphus your right!!! sex IS like flyig......I luv it, cant get enuf of it, i'm realy good at it...
Dude you need to check other websites.... you can go to google.ca and type sex and you can find a website suitable for you... You know what i mean RIGHT.. :twisted:

let's go somewhere far.....

Return to “Flight Training”