Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
-
Intentional Left Bank
- Rank 5

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:31 am
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
wow that's a pretty big deal. I wonder if EIF ever plans to amalgamate the different carriers into one, or at least try to consolidate the fleet.
-
The Hammer
- Rank 6

- Posts: 446
- Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:46 am
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
36 metros seems like a pretty solid amalgamation.
My ears are ringing just thinking about it.
My ears are ringing just thinking about it.
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
Can you say ALPA, ALPA, ALPA, ALPA ---
"I hope that guy in the ATR knows he's sitting in my seat"
Quote - longtime Metro F/O at Bearskin ....
"I hope that guy in the ATR knows he's sitting in my seat"
Quote - longtime Metro F/O at Bearskin ....
- J.P.WISER
- Rank 3

- Posts: 197
- Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:53 am
- Location: BACK OF THE HANGAR OR THE BAR
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
WOW!!!!jstrummer wrote:Can you say ALPA, ALPA, ALPA, ALPA ---
"I hope that guy in the ATR knows he's sitting in my seat"
Quote - longtime Metro F/O at Bearskin ....
Good luck making friends like that!
HAVIN A DRINK FOR YOU!!
J.P. WISER
J.P. WISER
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
Here is a link to CBC confirming the sale.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story ... nipeg.html
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story ... nipeg.html
I wonder why he/she is a long time F/O? I hear that Calm Air has a review board before upgrades - guess that F/O may stay an F/O.......Can you say ALPA, ALPA, ALPA, ALPA ---
"I hope that guy in the ATR knows he's sitting in my seat"
Quote - longtime Metro F/O at Bearskin ....
-
2.5milefinal
- Rank 4

- Posts: 252
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 10:39 am
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
Wasaya next.

Opinions cant be proven false.
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
2 years is a longtime FO? What is a jazz or calm air FO, lifer??
I guess I should write something here.
-
aviator2010
- Rank 5

- Posts: 397
- Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:19 pm
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
there's only one life long FO at Calm air I think the upgrades have been comming about the 2 year mark for most
Panama Jack wrote:I'm afraid I will have to agree with aviator2010
-
futboler14
- Rank 3

- Posts: 164
- Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:34 pm
- Location: northish
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
NO. Straight from the mouth. They purchase these companies for their respective niche markets and strong managment styles.wow that's a pretty big deal. I wonder if EIF ever plans to amalgamate the different carriers into one, or at least try to consolidate the fleet.
They have the capital to allow these airlines do what was a stretch before EIF stepped in.
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
I think that Bearskin will be operated separately much in the same way that Perimeter, Keewatin and Calm Air have been recently. At the end of the day, Bearskin's customer base would start to fall if their old customers would have to start sitting in planes that just came down from a reserve, or smelling like Chicken Delight. That Bearskin F/O seems like a bit of a douche, and quiet frankly seeing how Perimeter or Keewatin pilots right now have to still apply for work at Calm Air I doubt that the Bearskin pilots would have an easier time.
When do you guys think the EIC will buy Wasaya? They seem to not be as solid of a company (strictly from an outside opinion) but it would be interesting to see.
When do you guys think the EIC will buy Wasaya? They seem to not be as solid of a company (strictly from an outside opinion) but it would be interesting to see.
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
Never. They are only interested in buying well run, consistently profitable companies. They will just put them out of business instead. Watch for more green tails in Northern ON very soon.....ZBBYLW wrote:When do you guys think the EIC will buy Wasaya? They seem to not be as solid of a company (strictly from an outside opinion) but it would be interesting to see.
"The South will boogie again."
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
It would probably make more sense to just price them into bankruptcy. Sort of like what Wasaya did to NAC a few years back. Poetic justice I guess. Calm Air has already taken over much of their Hydro One fuel hauling communities with an extremely low contract bid. They'll do the same now with passenger ticket prices and then buy up the assets cheap when Wasaya runs out of cash.2.5milefinal wrote:Wasaya next.
-
Big Pistons Forever
- Top Poster

- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:17 pm
- Location: West Coast
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
Interesting times.....from a whole bunch of operators a few years ago, it now looks like the Canadian Tier 3 level will be run almost entirely by only 3 operators CMA, EIC and Georgian......I am not sure that is a good thing for pilots in the longer term.
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
aviator2010 wrote:there's only one life long FO at Calm air I think the upgrades have been comming about the 2 year mark for most
Both statements are wrong.
-
aviator2010
- Rank 5

- Posts: 397
- Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:19 pm
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
how many FO's are over 10 years there?Both statements are wrong.
Panama Jack wrote:I'm afraid I will have to agree with aviator2010
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
Harvey works hard, and I hope he retires soon to work on his golf game. He can be proud of his airline and enjoy the life it has given him .. mind you it wasn't always good times .. but now the work has finally paid off.
Re: Change of ownership pending at Bearskin
Indeed, Harvey and the other owners have all worked very hard. They stuck together as a unified group through very tough times and powerful competition. They put every dime they had on the line. There were many days of dodging bill collectors and worrying about making the payroll. They stood by the Natives when others left when profits were nonexistant. The people of the north didn't forget. These guys deserve every day on the golf course .




