Class 2 Multi/IFR instructor 1100 TT

If your looking for work, post your resume as a PDF document, or submit a brief on your experience and type of work you are looking for.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Is this an effective way to convey my emloyability?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:07 pm

I would hire you!
No votes
Very effective
No votes
Somewhat effective
No votes
Could be less wordy
38%
It works...
No votes
Needs work
25%
Not effective
38%

Total votes: 8

syllabus
Rank 0
Rank 0

Class 2 Multi/IFR instructor 1100 TT

Post by syllabus »

Brett Loftus Bloftus@hotmail.com 604.374.3441 213 20680 56th Ave Langley, BC V6A 3Z1

To my next chief pilot,
My name is Brett Loftus and over the past year and a half I have been an Instructor at pacific flying club. I am a graduate of the BCIT program which conducts their training at pacific flying club. It was here, I was introduced to and educated on an industry that has captured my imagination since childhood. To be a successful student within this program, due to the time constraints and its intensive nature, a student must exercise organization, professionalism, and most importantly safety-oriented decision making. With this philosophy I managed to be the first person among my classmates to complete my MIFR Rating. I also received the top pilot award from BCIT and pacific flying club upon graduation. I continue to apply this same work ethic which is why I am now the youngest Class 2 supervising Multi/IFR instructor working at the flying school.

As a student of the above mentioned program I graduated with my commercial pilot’s licence, category one medical, and a class one multi-engine instrument rating. BCIT also taught me to respect the other aspects of an air operator through classes such as Safety Management Systems, Airline Business Plan, and ramp safety. I have also assumed leadership roles; as the class representative during my time at BCIT As a class representative my responsibilities included, acting as liaison between my fellow students and our chief instructor. Furthermore, I have since taken the role as a contract negotiator for the instructor collective and was able to work in depth with the management of pacific flying club to outline a new pay scale to encourage instructors to work harder, and earn even more benefits then were available before .
I am a determined and motivated pilot who looks for any way I can contribute more to a company. I know that I can be an asset to your company with my professionalism, organization, and safety oriented approach to aviation. These are some of the many skills I have acquired, which I know would compliment your company’s philosophy.

Sincerely,

Brett Loftus
CPL, MIFR,FI Class 2, IATRA

Resume

Objective [/size][/b]First Officer

Qualifications
•Diploma of technical Studies/ with Honours
•Incident Command System Level 100
•Under Water Egress Training

Pilot Credentials
Total Time: 1116.8
Single Engine PIC 919.7
Single Engine Total 1064.5
Multi Engine PIC 7.4
Multi Engine Total 52.3
Night PIC 47.5
Night Total 59.1

CPL/ SMEL/ IR group 1 / FI Class 2/ IATRA
Industry Canada- Certificate of Proficiency in Radio
Canada Medical Certificate- Category 1

Work Experience
Pacific Flying Club, Boundary Bat, (May 2009- Present)
Position: Flight Instructor
•Responsible for in flight and ground school training for a Private and commercial licence
•Specialized in advanced airmanship training
•Multi IFR Instructor

Pacific Coastal Airlines, Richmond, (June 2009- December 2009)
Position: Ramp Agent
•Responsible for marshalling, loading, and organizing arriving and departing aircraft

WESTJET, Abbotsford BC, (November 2009- July 2010)
Position: CSA- Customer Service Agent
•Guest experience representative- making bookings, checking in guests, boarding guests

Education
British Columbia Institute of Technology, BCIT, Richmond, BC
Diploma of Technical Studies—3.7 GPA
Graduated February 2009

Achievements
•Received “Top Pilot” award, BCIT class 6
•Ben Jacobson Memorial Award for Best Private Pilot Written Exam Mark
•Board Of Director’s Award for Best Commercial Pilot Written Exam Mark
---------- ADS -----------

Attachments
Pilot COVER LETTER 93-03.doc
(37 KiB) Downloaded 948 times