how long till I make captain?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ACbound
Rank 1
Rank 1

how long till I make captain?

Post by ACbound »

I will finish my college program next week and dad says my chances are pretty good at getting a job with him, but not on the Hong Kong route but maybe flying as a co-pilot on the Dash 7. I don't want to waste my time on the ramp go up north or leave BC. Does anyone know how I get a captains seat quicker or avoid the co-pilot gig all together?
---------- ADS -----------

Yoyoma
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Yoyoma »

Even the baits are of low quality these days...

What is happening to Avcanada...

Image In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield...W. Buffett
Benwa
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Benwa »

I hear Jazz is Hiring, you should apply ! You've got good chances to get in since you got your formation at a College.

--In his wrapup remarks, the FAA chief said, "If you think the safety bar is set too high, then your
standards are set too low."
just curious
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by just curious »

Well ACB, dunno about ducking the cojo thing (pesky ACPA rules!), but....
Get your Dad to get you into the company, say in PR, since you have a natural flare, and then apply for the pilot job on the internal company postings board.

Yer a natural for it!

Capt
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: how long till I make captain?

Post by Capt »

ACbound wrote:I will finish my college program next week and dad says my chances are pretty good at getting a job with him, but not on the Hong Kong route but maybe flying as a co-pilot on the Dash 7. I don't want to waste my time on the ramp go up north or leave BC. Does anyone know how I get a captains seat quicker or avoid the co-pilot gig all together?
WOW, you must have the experience to fly a Dash-7 since you are finishing your college program. There are always people in this industry that have Daddy's pull to get them a job, but please don't insult the rest of us that work HARD and put our time in on the ramp, or up north. It is not a WASTE OF MY TIME. I have done the ramp route and have been up north flying for a year and ya it sucks, but at least I have put in my time and worked up the ladder like everyone else.
Wish you the best.

Last edited by Capt on Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACbound
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ACbound »

Hey Capt maybe if you could spell ladder not "latter" you might not have had to work your a off like some poor ramp rat eating kraft dinner day after day.

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RB211 »

Hey ACB, it may not be wise to take drugs as often as you apparently do. Of course, if it helps create your little fantasy world and you're happy there, then good luck to you.

ACbound
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ACbound »

Hey RB211 does that stand for Real Bitchy. real pilots don't do drugs.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

ACbound wrote:I will finish my college program next week and dad says my chances are pretty good at getting a job with him, but not on the Hong Kong route but maybe flying as a co-pilot on the Dash 7. I don't want to waste my time on the ramp go up north or leave BC. Does anyone know how I get a captains seat quicker or avoid the co-pilot gig all together?
Troll alert! :D

flynbutcher
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by flynbutcher »

HaHaHaHaHa, what a moron :lol: :lol: :lol:

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

Not even a good troll. Responding immediately with bitchy comments and "comebacks" instead of continuing with the naive approach totally blows it.

Should be DORK ALERT.

flynbutcher
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by flynbutcher »

Sounds like a little punk ass 13 year old who needs to get his ass whooped. Back to the PBS kids website! :lol: :lol: :lol:

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RB211 »

ACbound wrote:Hey RB211 does that stand for Real Bitchy. real pilots don't do drugs.
Well, that really hurt! :roll: So you are not a'real' pilot then?

just clearing the trees
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by just clearing the trees »

ACbound, you can tell you're an amateur fisherman. Your bait selection was all wrong and your presentation was terrible, especially for these overfished waters. Instead of tossing the muskie lure out there, try one of these next time:
It's a jerk bait, so I'm assuming you know how to use it. At least, it sounds like you're very familiar with jerking it.

flynbutcher
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by flynbutcher »

Maybe if we all just ignore him from here on in he'll go away :!:

Blue_Rider
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Blue_Rider »

Looks like we have another C150Pilot bound for Aircanda. Man my chances for getting my career going are getting slimmer by the minute.

.......Better call dad. :cry:

[]D
wha happen
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by wha happen »

HEy everybody, get a load of this guy. I have a question, how long till i can fly the 747's, ive been playing flight sim for years and i think im pretty good, now i know i didnt graduate from a "flight college", god forbid that the rest of us put in the hard work to get "the job". Anyways im just ranting, so ill stop here.

Driving Rain
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Driving Rain »

I don't blame you, who wants to do things the hard way if they can avoid it. Sorry I can't answer your question, your Dad must my have some ideas how you can avoid Canadian Avaition's two great pitfalls to getting ahead...going north and flying as a co-pilot. When you find out, get back here with the answers cause were all dying to know. :roll:
Thanks
Driving Rain

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Post by . ._ »

If the guy mentioned buying a PPC on a Dash 7, I think the troll attempt would have more effect.

Let's get creative, all people of the troll persuasion!

-istp :roll:

ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

Who's Dash 7 you going to ride shotgun on :?:

Does anyone know how I get a captains seat quicker or avoid the co-pilot gig all together?
First Grow your hair real long Buy a set of Tits and Knee pad's that should do it :lol:

ACbound, I expect a better lure next time, the bait was a little stank even for us bottom feeders :smt064

Return to “General Comments”