how long till I make captain?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

LOL, this has got to be the funniest thread on this site in a long time.
---------- ADS -----------

see-why-wg
Rank 1
Rank 1

Daddy's boy

Post by see-why-wg »

I've done the most degrading, sweaty/bloody work to afford to finish my ratings at the local club while trying to pay rent and pay off loans. I've been working the ramp for a year and am just now starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
You are likely the type who are only interested in shortcuts to major airline paychecks rather than being a professional, well schooled pilot. I hope you do get on a dash 7 with daddy's help, cuz you'd probably be useless on the ramp or flying single pilot ifr where a little bit of brains/balls are needed.
I hope you and your old man are happy together, cuz once he's retired and you're on your own, you will learn a few hard lessons from people like me who did a little work to get ahead. Let's just hope that no passengers are hurt in the process of you learining something and having your head pulled out of your college boy ass.
Bite me.
P.S. Everone on the ramp says bite me as well.

desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by desksgo »

There's no way I should be entertained by this, but,
I'm really enjoying this!! Ideally this would have been a 1-3 post thread tops, but the angry replies make it kinda funny.

Fight fight fight! Anger anger anger! Weeeehaaaw! :D

C-150Pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by C-150Pilot »

Looks like we have another C150Pilot bound for Aircanda. Man my chances for getting my career going are getting slimmer by the minute.

.......Better call dad.
Dude WTF? Im never gona make Air Canada even if my father works for them. And I dont fucking rely(how even u spell that crap) on my father. I hardly talk to him anymore.

Fly it until the last piece stops moving
"I give your landing a 9...on the Richter scale."
gig
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gig »

:shock: :roll: wow ACbound :roll: :shock:

desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by desksgo »

F/0s Job on a Caravan: Gears up, Flaps up, Shut up!
Ummmm...yea...cept those wheels always stay down. :roll:

One of those days around here, I see.

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

C-150Pilot wrote:
Looks like we have another C150Pilot bound for Aircanda. .
Dude WTF? Im never gona make Air Canada even if my father works for them. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Rofl.. classic....

Capt
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Capt »

I love this. He thinks he (ACbound) can go captain on the dash 7 some how without sitting right seat.
Talk to your Daddy reeaaall nice and he will pull some strings and get you a captain seat on the dash 7, after all you do have 220.3 hours TT

SkyKing
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SkyKing »

C-150Pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by C-150Pilot »

F/0s Job on a Caravan: Gears up, Flaps up, Shut up!
Yea I know its from a cappy aviation arcticle and thats why I put it in my signature cuz its stupid

Fly it until the last piece stops moving
"I give your landing a 9...on the Richter scale."
peeelot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by peeelot »

I would never fly with you. By being a co-pilot that is when you learn. Stop trying to be at the top you must work your way there. But If you want a free ride watch out below because when you hit the ground it is going to hurt

Murph
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Murph »

i thought AC flew the dash 8

this site has definately gone down hill lately...

desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by desksgo »

There's been some questionable items no doubt, but try to focus on the positives.

jetpilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

so funny!

Post by jetpilot »

this dide is good! ACbound

So your Dad work at Cathay? and you live in BC , this is bullshit friend!
first all Cathay pilot child are train in HK, and start as cadets, when they are online they will seat in the back as relief pilot! ( NOT CAPTAIN) for 4 to 6 years! yes DUDE!

Other thing! topgun! in Canada to fly PIC! in a 705 operation you need
ATPL! the last time i look at it! it was 1500hrs+ to get it! so maybe ask your dad to write to Transport Canada to give you an ATPL dude!

:? :smt097

just clearing the trees
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by just clearing the trees »

Ok, I take it back. All these people proved me wrong. You are an alright fisherman. In fact, I'd say you've already caught your limit.
I still think if you tried a more subtle tactic, you'd catch some bigger ones though.

Traveler
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Traveler »

Nothing to this thread :lol: But jetpilot i know of someone who who went from the 1900, 3 months of PIC in 2003, to cruise on a 777 and a right seat line a year later, and flying for Korean.Hhe hasn't rented a place other then a pad in North Vancouver and makes well over 100,000 :wink:

I went from 250hrs PIC on the 1900 in 1999 to the left seat of a 757 and upgraded in 2001 only to have the airline cease operations a month after my 1st L/indoc. Now I'm flying on the left seat. 21 days out of the month, 12 hours+, all over America on an NG out of LAX. I make a 100,000 and work for it! Don't get me started there.

I also now someone who left the 1900 left seat to fly fro a start-up called westjet... :roll: made capt two years later and almost a million a few years later :x

I have more commercial jet time then the CP on my type :?

The point is, flying comes only from being at the right place at the right time! This Kid from BC could end up at HMY and fly a 767 in two years to China... ya never know

"Ground 1120 at checkpoint.... 3! ahh sorry we should have got you at 1....." "1120 hold short, hold short where are you going?"
just another pilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by just another pilot »

I suppose you could serve drinks on the Dash - if you want. Not sure when you will make co pilot - since you woll not be logging any hours.
Throw in a line boys cause there biting like crazy...

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: how long till I make captain?

Post by TG »

ACbound wrote:I will finish my college program next week and dad says my chances are pretty good at getting a job with him, but not on the Hong Kong route but maybe flying as a co-pilot on the Dash 7. I don't want to waste my time on the ramp go up north or leave BC. Does anyone know how I get a captains seat quicker or avoid the co-pilot gig all together?
As I said, troll (or dork) alert!
You guys are pretty funny to read too when you took him seriously :D

jetpilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Traveler dont get me wrong!"

Post by jetpilot »

I did not say it's impossible to be FIRST OFFICER ON A JET!

I was FO on a B737-200 at 1000hrs but not captain! all airline that i know bad or good, will request a minimum of hours before to go left seat! in my case it was 3500hrs 1000hrs on B737, and this is only one i know other airline who ask a lot more, please traveler read the post, is about to be Captain at the end of is Training!

Again Pilot are dreaming, i am just back from interview in Hong Kong i know this game very well, maybe in your time it was possible, but not anymore!

jet

ACbound
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ACbound »

I see that you guys are not that friendly towards other pilots. Just what Dad said, the industry is full of backstabbing bastards that want to just get ahead at the other guys expense.I talked to Dads friends and they said I have what it takes to make a great captain and some day I will hire and fire your sorry asses. you guys make me sick.

Return to “General Comments”