Thank you AirCanada

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Thank you AirCanada

Post by proper »

I would like to take this time to thank our brothers at Air Canada for another excellent job creating harmony between the Jazz and Air Canada pilot group. Thank you Air Canada for trying to stop our 15 X Q400 acquisition and thank you for grieving our new contract with Thomas cook and of course flying the 757. I have been at Jazz for 4 years and with all the bad blood in the past I really went to work the past few years with an unbiased mind. I say hello, some don't answer.. that's ok I don't live with that individual. I respect the past but as a green horn to the airline world I look to the future as we are all collegues.

Yesterday morning I finally made up my mind as I read a memo from our Union ALPA stating as mentioned above.

And well... I am speechless. I see that we are not a team and we are not collegues of the same industry. I respect my fellow pilot and want them to do well, be employed and make a fine life with their family. Air Canada wants Jazz, broken, peniless and depressed. Different industries.
We should welcome the US regional model into our canadian skies dragging the bar even lower... and thank our mainline group for it.

This is addressed not to the individual Air Canada Pilot but to the ACPA group and those who are tuly represented by them.
You have lost another ally in this business.

I know this will spiral into a huge debate which is not my intention at all. I just wanted to share an honest opinion.

-Proper
---------- ADS -----------

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Thank you AirCanada

Post by teacher »

+1

Sadly, if ACPA was looking for support during their 2011 negots after this I highly doubt they'll get it.

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
HavaJava
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by HavaJava »

Care to post your name so we can make sure you never have to go through the disgrace of becoming a member of ACPA?

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tailgunner »

Havajava...
+ 1 !
Proper...just pm me and I will pass your name along.
Oh, and please DO NOT use, nor enjoy your C2 pass to London, Paris, or Hong Kong. Please DO NOT ask for the jump seat to Orlando, or Miami etc.
As an idependant and wholly owned non Air Canada feeder, you have an excellent agreement in regards to the above travel perks. Jazz supplies a product to Air Canada, just like CARA does, yet you also have benefits that other contractors do not. If the present relationship bothers you, please start a campaign to change it!

aviator2010
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by aviator2010 »

LOL.......you guys are funny.

Panama Jack wrote:I'm afraid I will have to agree with aviator2010
teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

Just because you do your neighbour a favour doesn't mean you have the right to burn down his garage.

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
genetic jack hammer
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by genetic jack hammer »

teacher wrote:+1

Sadly, if ACPA was looking for support during their 2011 negots after this I highly doubt they'll get it.
+1500

mattedfred
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mattedfred »

tailgunner wrote:Havajava...
+ 1 !
Proper...just pm me and I will pass your name along.
Oh, and please DO NOT use, nor enjoy your C2 pass to London, Paris, or Hong Kong. Please DO NOT ask for the jump seat to Orlando, or Miami etc.
As an idependant and wholly owned non Air Canada feeder, you have an excellent agreement in regards to the above travel perks. Jazz supplies a product to Air Canada, just like CARA does, yet you also have benefits that other contractors do not. If the present relationship bothers you, please start a campaign to change it!
maybe CARA should have negotiated C2 when they entered into a commercial agreement with AC

Jazz: Independent when the argument suits AC (i.e. C2) yet the same company when it suits AC (i.e. TC flying)

Dark Helmet
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Dark Helmet »

Fellas,

I understnad you have reasons for filling those grievances. However, I have to ask. When does bureaucracy and contempt end and common sense begin.

For the last 5 years, I have been hearing from you AC folks how Jazz is nothing more than a separate company and just another service provider (and an expensive one at that). Did it occur to you that we were listening.

You have 2 grievances that will affect the WAWCON and careers of the Jazz pilots. Grievances that may not be won and here is why.

TC 757 Flying: TC has no relationship with AC. TC flying does not belong to AC therefore scope or the SJA does not apply. ACPA cannot dictacte what another company flies unless the flying is owned by AC. The SJA is kinda like LOU 18, only applies to a company that is wholy owned by AC. This would be like telling WJ they can only operate the 737 classic and not the NG.

Jazz Q400: You keep telling us that Jazz is too expensive. This is a fleet renewal program in which we are replacing Jets with more efficient Turboprops. This will save Jazz money which in turn will benefit AC. You feel that you are entitled to fly these Turboprops instead because of the # of seats these A/c are certified to hold? Yet you have allowed AC to use another company to operate Q400's on your behalf. :smt021

You have started negotiations with your employer with finite resources and a divided group. Why are you not using your resources to improve your WAWCON rather then to capture regional flying that AC is not set up to do? How many major mainline carriers operate the CRJ, E-175, and the Q400? And why waste resouces to prevent Jazz from expanding when you know there may not be a leg to stand on?

When JALPA was in negotiations, we went after better WAWCON and strategies to diversify the revenue base at Jazz outside the CPA. Never did we attempt to capture more flying from AC. ACPA has kicked off their negotiations campaign by antagonizing the Jazz pilot group by filing 2 grievances against Jazz's fleet renewal and expansion plans.

Do you think this is prudent considering you may need our support? Just because you sent us a letter of support (an arrogant and condescending one at that) during our negots does not mean that we will support you in return. Actions do speak louder than words.

Personally I would like to and want to support you during your negots. I hate to say this but your recent actions has caused me to take a step back and re-evaluate. the irony is that you often talk about solidarity but you are forstering the opposite.

For those of you who are saying that we are lucky to have what we have with AC need to remenber that a lot of Jazz pilots did at one time worked for AC. these pilots did contributed to AC's bottom line when Jazz was wholly owned. Not to mention that many rely on Jazz and the Jazz jumpseat to get to work.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers, my apologies if I did that

proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by proper »

... wow...

countryhick
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by countryhick »

Care to post your name so we can make sure you never have to go through the disgrace of becoming a member of ACPA

No need, I turned down the job offer 5 years ago.

proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by proper »

the great part about discussions like this with ACPA is you just listen and let them do all the talking to the point where a four year old can tell right from wrong. Many thanks for your posts guys. Keep em coming :)

proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by proper »

Hey me too said no 3 years ago hahaha ciao ciao

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

aviator2010 wrote:LOL.......you guys are funny.
It's sad really. These guys were probibly drinking buddies in flight school, now there hurling insults in their respective flight decks.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Say Altitude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Say Altitude »

The "marriage"/good relationship between ACPA and ALPA ended when the Jazz MEC went after the Embraer. Period. Say what you want but maybe look in the mirror first....

Lateralus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lateralus »

Say Altitude wrote:The "marriage"/good relationship between ACPA and ALPA ended when the Jazz MEC went after the Embraer. Period. Say what you want but maybe look in the mirror first....
Ok I wasn't around at Jazz when this took place. When did this happen? And what were the details, cause it has never been explained to me.
Thanks

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

Proper et al.

How soon it is forgotten the words of encouragement here and in the terminal while ALPA was in contract negotiations last year. You had our support to get a better contract. You got it. We applauded you. Now you say that based on a memo (biased?probably) you will go out of your way to blame mainline for the entire industry degradation and then wonder why there is animosity between the two groups. You are perpetuating the animosity.

No good deed goes unpunished.

lawndart
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by lawndart »

Proper:

ACPA has a letter that says that all aircraft with a seating capacity of 76-110 seats will be flown by pilots on the ACPA seniority list. I am sure that ALPA has a similar clause to keep Georgian, CMA etc. from flying -8s. When the Q400 was announced (with a seating capacity of 80), it certainly required clarification.

In terms of ACPA spearheading a drive to the bottom, I would encourage you to look at what the organization has done to prevent and reverse that direction. Lobbying re: Emirates/Etihad, seed money for the College of pilots, lobbying for changes to duty and fatigue rules, and lobbying to prevent Canadian companies from sourcing foreign pilots for Canadian work come to mind.

northernpilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by northernpilot »

HavaJava wrote:Care to post your name so we can make sure you never have to go through the disgrace of becoming a member of ACPA?
ar·ro·gance (r-gns)
n.
The state or quality of being arrogant; overbearing pride.

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

In terms of ACPA spearheading a drive to the bottom, I would encourage you to look at what the organization has done to prevent and reverse that direction. Lobbying re: Emirates/Etihad, seed money for the College of pilots, lobbying for changes to duty and fatigue rules, and lobbying to prevent Canadian companies from sourcing foreign pilots for Canadian work come to mind.
Nicely said Lawndart.... deaf ears methinks. No good deed goes unpunished.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”