ICS TRAINING...AND TO BE CERTIFIED and work abroad

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

jetengine
Rank 1
Rank 1

ICS TRAINING...AND TO BE CERTIFIED and work abroad

Post by jetengine »

Hi guys

i am doing right now my AME training with ICS...books are very good..and i have a good knowledge in aviation as i am a pilot and flight dispatch for a regional airlines in canada....i will end the course in about 4 months ...is it too long to get certified after the theoretical ICS course??

after get certified is it easy to get a job straight away abroad like Asia or orient..like Dubai..

about Apprentice Aircraft Engineer any jobs opportunity in Canada next year..what is the tendency??

thanks guys

jentengine
---------- ADS -----------

jsmetalbashers
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: ICS TRAINING...AND TO BE CERTIFIED and work abroad

Post by jsmetalbashers »

You can get a job anytime you want, but ics is not the chosen mode of training for most operators, so your past experience in aviation will help. You need 48 months of hands on experience and you need to complete a task log book before you can get licensed.

Vickers vanguard
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Vickers vanguard »

jetengine wrote:Hi guys

i am doing right now my AME training with ICS...books are very good..and i have a good knowledge in aviation as i am a pilot and flight dispatch for a regional airlines in canada....i will end the course in about 4 months ...is it too long to get certified after the theoretical ICS course??

after get certified is it easy to get a job straight away abroad like Asia or orient..like Dubai..

about Apprentice Aircraft Engineer any jobs opportunity in Canada next year..what is the tendency??

thanks guys

jentengine
sorry dude, but your writing sucks. so, you're a pilot now ? I am really impressed, that was probably extremely hard to achieve. tell us how you did it.

Darkwing Duck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Darkwing Duck »

Vicky, oh sorry, Vickers, lay off. What are you, the English grammar and punctuation police? The guy was asking a simple question on a forum trying to get some insight. If you cannot contribute positively, shut the hell up.

Kowalski: Sir, we may be out of fuel.
Skipper: What makes you think that?
Kowalski: We've lost engine one, and engine two is no longer on fire.
cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Vickers vanguard wrote:
sorry dude, but your writing sucks. so, you're a pilot now ? I am really impressed, that was probably extremely hard to achieve. tell us how you did it.
I am guessing he took lessons with an instructor just like everyone else. :roll:

How can you criticize the guy and then ask such an asinine question yourself...ridiculous

jsmetalbashers
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jsmetalbashers »

English may not be his mother tongue.

conehead
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by conehead »

Vickers vanguard wrote:so, you're a pilot now ? I am really impressed, that was probably extremely hard to achieve. tell us how you did it.
Maybe through a ICS course? :P

Vickers vanguard
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Vickers vanguard »

cdnpilot77 wrote:
ask such an asinine question yourself...ridiculous
:lol: :lol: :lol: it's called sarcasm... but I'm sure you understood the meaning of my question and my intent.

avyonx
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by avyonx »

You're also going to need to write Tech exams ( I think 3) at Transport as well as the CARs exam. 48 months apprenticing (Is that a word Vickers since you're the resident expert?) and a full logbook. Good luck!

Falcon50Punch
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Falcon50Punch »

If you go to an accredited school you get 19 months towards your license and you only have to write your CARs exam. You need 48 months before you can write CARs not to mention apprenticing right now is extremely difficult. I've been graduated for about 16 months and have only apprenticed for 2.

mitsos
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mitsos »

Seriously we can do without your fuc..ed up sarcasm...
Give your head a shake man!!

i don't post much here but this bothers me to see people like van.... whatever talk trash to one of our fellow Aviation people...
Shame on you

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by azimuthaviation »

Good to see someone investing his time and money productively. So youre a pilot and working as dispatch but instead of sitting back and bragging/complaining and getting fat you took the time to pursue more education and are ready to spend 48 months working to get licensed. A good example for the people born and raised here to take. Quit complaing, get some ambition and go to work!

mag check
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by mag check »

Vickers vanguard wrote:
jetengine wrote:Hi guys

thanks guys

jentengine
Vickers, there are at least 6 gramatical and punctual errors with your reply, so you may want to back off a bit. Can you find them? :roll:

We're all here, because we're not all there.
Turbine Rascally
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Turbine Rascally »

hello...
i am working outside of the Canada & have my home country B1.2/B3 (piston engine) license. i tried to register with the ICS programm and they asked about Canada address.
my questions are..
1. can i directly apply for the TC AME exams without ICS..?
2. is it possible to register with my friend's address currently who work in canada..?

edmanster
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by edmanster »

Maybe its me ..
But i seem to sense that having any experience working on an aircraft is a handicap to getting a License. ...
ICS training is not experience .. in fact - its the lowest rung on any ladder ..
something like the $25 'Intro-Pilot' course Flight schools offer to induce new customers ..
"Take a hold of the control column numb-nuts & turn the aircraft to the right .. U will be a pilot in no time at-all!"

What does a "newly licensed" mechanic expect to do for a living ?.. walk around the aircraft with a coffee cup?
What are you going to do when you see a sharp dent in the pressurized cargo door .. or the engine surges intermittently ?
What did your ICS course tell you to do ?? What exam question was that ???

(also add the additional issue when MOC / & the pilot is screaming for you to release the aircraft with 100 passengers on board because they will miss the connecting flight to Mazatlan!) - Only experience will help you here .. Not a ICS course, TC exam test or even a freshly signed License.
Dont be in a rush for the License - learn how to walk first - before you kill somebody .. maybe even that pilot friend of yours.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

edmanster wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:49 am Maybe its me ..
But i seem to sense that having any experience working on an aircraft is a handicap to getting a License. ...
ICS training is not experience .. in fact - its the lowest rung on any ladder ..
something like the $25 'Intro-Pilot' course Flight schools offer to induce new customers ..
"Take a hold of the control column numb-nuts & turn the aircraft to the right .. U will be a pilot in no time at-all!"

What does a "newly licensed" mechanic expect to do for a living ?.. walk around the aircraft with a coffee cup?
What are you going to do when you see a sharp dent in the pressurized cargo door .. or the engine surges intermittently ?
What did your ICS course tell you to do ?? What exam question was that ???

(also add the additional issue when MOC / & the pilot is screaming for you to release the aircraft with 100 passengers on board because they will miss the connecting flight to Mazatlan!) - Only experience will help you here .. Not a ICS course, TC exam test or even a freshly signed License.
Dont be in a rush for the License - learn how to walk first - before you kill somebody .. maybe even that pilot friend of yours.
Clueless response.

You are confusing a ten year old post of a pilot who worked in dispatch looking for an ICS course and a recent post for someone looking to convert a foreign license.

And what do you do if you see a dent in a cargo door? A first year apprentice snags it! A second year apprentice goes to the SRM and finds out the damage limits and then snags it. It's not hard! All a license is is to sign out stuff. Being M1 and M2 I'm also S licenced and held ACA to release structural repairs. Did I have a clue how to do any of the repairs I signed off? No... the structures guys did.

And when someone is screaming for you to release a plane you tell them to @#$! off. It's quite often experienced guys who will cave under pressure and make mistakes rather than doing due diligence. It's the passengers fault for not booking direct or with enough time between connections and on a cheapskate airline with no backup aircraft.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pacqing »

I agree with the clueless response, must have been from a pilot, ha ha, but back to the original post. Overseas jobs usually require experience so for you to get a Dubai job you would probably need some experience and time on type or at least factory training. BUT a lot of these jobs fill by who you know.

Return to “Maintenance”