Best Flight Training Schools

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

VeRmiLLioN
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by VeRmiLLioN »

..and always remember....a lot of the people in the aviation field are "used car salesmen" who will under cut the competition with what ever it takes for you to buy their product or service.

I suggest you visit Markham airport, Brampton Airport and Buttonville airport and speak to someone there.

Do not take a written email/posted word. Talk to someone at the Flight school in PERSON.

Use your own eyes. Not someone elses.

You will make the best choice. Not the salesman doing it for you.

Good luck.

And welcome!
---------- ADS -----------

scotothedoublet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by scotothedoublet »

Why not write the entrance exams for Seneca College in the meantime. It will take alot longer (3 school years) to get your licence, however you'll end up with a CPL and multi rating for about $10G give or take.

Satish
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Satish »

CPL with multi engine for just 10Gs ? sounds too good.....how come ? what's their entrance test called ?

Hi,
I am basically from India, now a permanent resident of Canada. I am interested in becoming a career pilot and would appreciate anyone helping me choose the right flight school in the Toronto, Peel or Halton area.
avcanada
Rank Admin
Rank Admin

Post by avcanada »

I am very familuar with UND/Embry-Riddle and they are both excellent schools. However the best school to go to by far in the U.S. Big Bend Community College.

If you want more info send me a PM.

Tango01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Tango01 »

VeRmiLLioN wrote:..and always remember....a lot of the people in the aviation field are "used car salesmen" who will under cut the competition with what ever it takes for you to buy their product or service.

I suggest you visit Markham airport, Brampton Airport and Buttonville airport and speak to someone there.

Do not take a written email/posted word. Talk to someone at the Flight school in PERSON.

Use your own eyes. Not someone elses.

You will make the best choice. Not the salesman doing it for you.

Good luck.

And welcome!
True. Make sure you talk to students, very important.

Timing is everything.
scotothedoublet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Satish

Seneca is an Ontario Community College. Flight time is 100% subsidized. The only $ you pay is normal tuition fees for 3 years. IMO it's worth a shot. I'd rather blow 30 large in Vegas than on a CPL, probably come out further ahead.

College programs don't produce better/worse pilots nor will they guarantee you a job. They will give you your CPL at a fraction of the cost.

If you really want to save dough, the cheapest way is still the military.

Good luck with whatever you do.

TT

testpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by testpilot »

Seneca now costs just about as much if you did it on your own. the subsidies have changed. still producing big egos though

wha happen
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by wha happen »

are you surprised by that?

scotothedoublet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Egos, no. Cost, yes. Is it the same scenerio for Confederation and Sault College...cost that is?

Satish, if I were you I'd still call the colleges and get the word from the horses mouth.

TT

bob sacamano
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bob sacamano »

How can you have a big ego if you can't land in a cross-wind?

fingersmac
Rank 7
Rank 7

confed prices

Post by fingersmac »

can't speak for sault but confeds tuition prices haven't gone up very much.

Aviation Flight Management 2005/06:

Year One (3 Semesters) = $3716.-
Year Two (2 Semesters) = $2654.-

fingersmac
Rank 7
Rank 7

tuition at sault

Post by fingersmac »

according to sault's website the tuition for the first year in their flight program is $4,898.50 (3 of 7 semesters). doesn't list anything else or atleast anywhere i can see.

zc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by zc »

hey there guys,

I posted a q regardng flight training in Canada. However i got a new q....What are the flight schools that offer integrated flight training. But the trick here is that i dont wanna do a diploma or degree, already got a degree in Aviation.

Cheers in advance

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

Finally got a mix recorded. The recording crashed half way through so it's not exactly a smooth mix out. Not nearly as good as fingersmac =(
one day maybe

Right click --> save as the link below.

http://209.200.13.42/endlesstempfolder/crash.mp3

desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by desksgo »

avcanada wrote:I am very familuar with UND/Embry-Riddle and they are both excellent schools. However the best school to go to by far in the U.S. Big Bend Community College.

If you want more info send me a PM.
I really feel you're comparing apples to oranges with the community college...you're comparing a community college offering an Associate in Arts and Science degree to two universities with some of the biggest industry connections on the planet?

What it comes down to is flight training VS aeronautical (aviation, for a better word) education. If you want flight training, go big bend. If you want industry knowledge that will take you beyond plane driving, talk to UND or ERAU. It all depends on what you want from aviation. You will not be immersed in aviation at a community college the way you would be at a dedicated university.

If you want the same answer with greater detail, talk to the univsersity aviation association.

http://uaa.auburn.edu/msie.htm

almostbutnotquite
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Best Flight Training Schools

Post by almostbutnotquite »

How I wish physically checking, and talking to students would be possible for me, but I am not in Canada. I would be an international student on a student visa, and I am torn between Brampton Flight Centre, and Harv's Air.

If I go to Brampton, I won't be eligible for a PGWP.
If I go to Harv's Air, I would be eligible for a PGWP. But I am not sure if I would like it in Manitoba, and I don't know anyone in Manitoba. Whereas, I have friends in Toronto.

I was also considering Moncton Flight College, but I can't reach anyone. I sent them an email last night, and I got an out-of-office reply, which would be until 12th March. I also tried calling the number on their website, and no one answered. I mean, why don't they assign a reliever or something if the person in charge would be gone that long?

Or would you recommend other flight schools aside from the ones I have mentioned? Inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, guys!

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

When I was at the Sault the 3 yrs tuition came to 22000 if i remember correctly. 3-3500 each semester x 7

dronehawk
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dronehawk »

@almostbutnotquite, which school did you finally settle with?

Return to “Flight Training”