Drifting

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
User avatar
Like-a-G6
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:43 pm

Drifting

Post by Like-a-G6 »

Any 737 pilots going to try this out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSWjjjHb89M
---------- ADS -----------
 
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 8132
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:25 pm
Location: Winterfell...

Re: Drifting

Post by iflyforpie »

Scandinavian of course. I guess 'throttle steer' has a much different meaning in this case.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
User avatar
I WAS Birddog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:38 am
Location: dude...I just walk the earth.
Contact:

Re: Drifting

Post by I WAS Birddog »

So a second there I thought this was Sunwings AWESOME ramp parking protocol in CYAM....

I keeed I keeed :smt028
---------- ADS -----------
 
Before you plot your revenge on someone, make sure to dig two graveyard plots.
http://twitter.com/@iwasbirddog
Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 10430
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 6:40 am
Location: CYSH
Contact:

Re: Drifting

Post by Hedley »

I watched the video, but I guess I didn't "get it" - what happened?
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 6618
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 am
Location: A couple of meters away from others.

Post by Beefitarian »

The plane turned right and slid a bit on the ice.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Snagmaster E
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:45 am

Re: Drifting

Post by Snagmaster E »

Happened once to me when empty. Sand on the ramp just blew away. Spun out three times. Reeeeally bad feeling.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Money, wish I had it...
FL470
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:48 am

Re: Drifting

Post by FL470 »

You spun around three times???? I don't get it.....were you trying to?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Liquid Charlie
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1461
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:40 am
Location: YXL
Contact:

Re: Drifting

Post by Liquid Charlie »

it was like that in YEG a few weeks back - slip sliding away :smt040
---------- ADS -----------
 
Black Air has no Lift - Extra Fuel has no Weight

ACTPA :kriz:
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”