Bush/Float Flying Hours
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
-
andyandreas
- Rank 0

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:06 pm
Bush/Float Flying Hours
How many hours can someone make flying for a fairly busy company in one season?
- cdnpilot77
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:24 pm
Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours
Extremely variable....My personal experience, I did 320hrs in just over 3 months last season
-
bush pilot
- Rank 4

- Posts: 270
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:51 pm
- Location: Boringtown
Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours
My best was 670 from May to Mid Oct. but that was a service not a lodge. I would say anything over 350 would be good.
Did It do that Yesterday?
Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours
I did 900+ my first year, 600 on floats, and 300 on skis. That was over a 12 month period, 20 years ago. Trappers still trapped and used ski-planes. And tourism was crazy busy. In 2008 and 2009, I averaged about 400 hours. Last year, I quit flying and still racked up about 80 hours. Like the previous pilot said, extremely variable.
- kevinsky18
- Rank 5

- Posts: 360
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:01 am
Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours
50hrs to 350hrs all at the same company, same season but different pilots with different assignments.
Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours
I've been doing floats for 20 yrs and unless you're at a place that operates year round and isn't dedicated 'tourism', than 350, give or take, seems to be a fair average.
-
North Shore
- Rank Moderator

- Posts: 5627
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:47 pm
- Location: Straight outta Dundarave...
Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours
The last summer that I was in the bush, I flew 350 from MAy 1 to Nov 1.. including a week off because i was at my 90 day max..
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours
A busy air service will do just around 90-100hrs a month in the summer... from my experience.
-
bush pilot
- Rank 4

- Posts: 270
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:51 pm
- Location: Boringtown
Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours
I was at 149.0 for about a week strait. What ever came off 30 days ago went back on that day. I was beside myself at the end of that month.
Did It do that Yesterday?
Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours
As a seasonal float driver, the most I ever did in a season (May-Oct) was 500 hours, the least, 200 hours.



