B.C. float-plane operators 'turn page in history' ...

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

flyingsafely
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: B.C. float-plane operators 'turn page in history' ...

Post by flyingsafely »

Don’t dis Joey. He spends a lot of time working, mostly behind the scenes, to make our industry safer.

How many other pilots made well presented, well documented submissions to the Standing Senate Committee on Fisheries and Oceans regarding the de-staffing of our lighthouses? The Standing Committee Report has led to the cancellation of government plans to de-staff the lighthouses. Thanks Joey.

He is the one who has put pressure on TCCA to accept the Mustang life jackets, some of which are already FAA approved.

We know we have a problem. We have too many people drowning because they survived the crash but can’t survive the swim. You try getting your lifejacket out of those inaccessible underseat pouches when the plane is upside down and sinking. Keep that slippery plastic pouch in your hands as you feel your way out of the wreck while holding your breath. One thing for sure, few if any people have drowned because someone’s lifejacket inflated in the cabin. Personally I’d rather have a lifejacket on, and if some idiot happens to inflate theirs in the cabin, well, I’m still better off than if I didn’t have one.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”