Air Creebec

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

DHC8100300
Rank 0
Rank 0

Air Creebec

Post by DHC8100300 »

Good day all,

I was hoping to find some current info on Air Creebec.

How set in stone is being bilingual.
Do they base Dash 8 Pilots in Timmins?
Do they need any Dash pilots?
What is their month like? Reserve? Standby? etc...

Any info is greatly appreciated.
---------- ADS -----------

Beach 200
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Air Creebec

Post by Beach 200 »

Well you can take this info with a grain of salt, cause I never worked there! Only what I know and heard (Second Hand).

Dash guys are based in YUL and YTS.

If your not french speaking, you'll most likely get Timmins base. Also, they don't really hire onto the dash. Depending on experience you can get direct Capt (If they need a capt) on the dash 8. Most likely FO on the dash and EMB 110 captain. You could also possibly get a position of the Hawker 748 doing cargo as an FO. Most Captains there are career captains at Creebec, hardly any captains leave.

Pay, is something I don't really know much of. I think Dash FO's start mid to high $30's and so does a EMB 110 Captain. Schedule, I have no clue on. You are Bonded/Promissory Note at Cree by the way!

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

Beach 200 wrote:Well you can take this info with a grain of salt, cause I never worked there! Only what I know and heard (Second Hand).

Dash guys are based in YUL and YTS.

If your not french speaking, you'll most likely get Timmins base. Also, they don't really hire onto the dash. Depending on experience you can get direct Capt (If they need a capt) on the dash 8. Most likely FO on the dash and EMB 110 captain. You could also possibly get a position of the Hawker 748 doing cargo as an FO. Most Captains there are career captains at Creebec, hardly any captains leave.

Pay, is something I don't really know much of. I think Dash FO's start mid to high $30's and so does a EMB 110 Captain. Schedule, I have no clue on. You are Bonded/Promissory Note at Cree by the way!
EMB captains make mid-high 30's? Ouch :shock:

Buzz Lightyear
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Buzz Lightyear »

Hey,

Excellent company with good benefits and a solid contract (no union).

As mentioned above if you're not billingual you will be based in YTS. You could get direct entry on the Dash in YTS only if you meet the requirements. Otherwise you'll start on the Embraer 110 or the HS748. It usually doesn't too long before you can move to the Dash.

Salaries are around 40-45K for Bandit/King Air captain, Dash and 748 FOs are around 35-45K depending on how many years you've been there. Captains can make around 90K.

Scheds in YUL are great, you work about 8 to 10 days a month and are home every night. You fly around 50 to 60h a months (about 140h duty time). In YTS I'm not sure.

Overall a great and safe company to work for with a lot of nice people.

Hope this helps

Born to fly, forced to work
Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

Seems to be a well kept secret in our industry. With the massive hiring spree to start this fall and continue throughout 2016, I think its quite good to open up a few other options, as this shuffle will surely affect alot of smaller companies out there.

Wanted to launch a few enquiries about this airline. Not much to be found in regards to recruitment, besides the type of equipment they use and the routes. Would like to know about their entry requirements for Captains and F/O's. In those many years I have spent on this website, I must declare I have never seen any ''pilot'' job postings. This could only mean two things: Entry through other positions in the company or Entry by strong internal references. Unfortunately with the good times ahead predicted, they might have to drop those previous entry requirements. Any information would be great for all of us to hear!

REgards

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

This doesn't make them look like a very attractive employer

http://..com/regionals-7 ... r-creebec/

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

Last edited by upintheair_ on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adster1989
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by adster1989 »

Sky_Conqueror wrote:Seems to be a well kept secret in our industry. With the massive hiring spree to start this fall and continue throughout 2016, I think its quite good to open up a few other options, as this shuffle will surely affect alot of smaller companies out there.

Wanted to launch a few enquiries about this airline. Not much to be found in regards to recruitment, besides the type of equipment they use and the routes. Would like to know about their entry requirements for Captains and F/O's. In those many years I have spent on this website, I must declare I have never seen any ''pilot'' job postings. This could only mean two things: Entry through other positions in the company or Entry by strong internal references. Unfortunately with the good times ahead predicted, they might have to drop those previous entry requirements. Any information would be great for all of us to hear!

REgards

Check PM

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by garfield »

Buzz Lightyear wrote:Hey,

Excellent company with good benefits and a solid contract (no union).

As mentioned above if you're not billingual you will be based in YTS. You could get direct entry on the Dash in YTS only if you meet the requirements. Otherwise you'll start on the Embraer 110 or the HS748. It usually doesn't too long before you can move to the Dash.

Salaries are around 40-45K for Bandit/King Air captain, Dash and 748 FOs are around 35-45K depending on how many years you've been there. Captains can make around 90K.

Scheds in YUL are great, you work about 8 to 10 days a month and are home every night. You fly around 50 to 60h a months (about 140h duty time). In YTS I'm not sure.

Overall a great and safe company to work for with a lot of nice people.

Hope this helps
If you fly only for 8 to 10 days a month, is it possible to do commuting with this company? Like you are based in YUL and commute from YQB.

AviatPsy03
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AviatPsy03 »

Any infos about the company? I heard that the situation is pretty special right now. I would love to work for Creebec!!

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by garfield »

A good company to work for, certainly one of the best regional operator in Canada.

Only operating Dash right now, bases are Montreal, Timmins and Val d'Or.

40k to start, 11 GDO per 28 days. Reserve is only from 6AM to 6 PM. You fly around 10 days a month and 500 hours a year.
Upgrades are slow, around 4 years right now since they bought new planes, was 7 years a year ago.
Captains never leave, FO's are leaving right now for Transat or Jazz (quicker upgrade).

If you are looking for lifestyle go for Cree.

Return to “Employment Forum”