Episode 2 Teaser of Dust Up ~ A Sprayer's Paradise

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Sidebar
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: New Aviation series on History TV

Post by Sidebar »

DustUpTv wrote:We all look forward to your comments on our trailer
The trailer provides an interesting perspective of this operator's approach to safety. For example, there were two pilots flying with their helmet strap not fastened. Why bother wearing a helmet if you're not going to secure it on your head?
---------- ADS -----------

CFR
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CFR »

Sidebar wrote:
DustUpTv wrote:... Why bother wearing a helmet if you're not going to secure it on your head?
That's an easy one. What if you're in such a serious accident that it knocks your helmet off? If your chinstrap was done up, your head would go with it!

:wink:

Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Flybabe »

Thinking I'm going with the NAAA's stance on the aerial application "reality series", which is to refuse to endorse the program. This is a very very touchy industry and doesn't need the publicity that I'm seeing in the trailer. Having flown ag in the past, the dramatization I've seen already (in the trailer) is ridiculous.

That's just me, though. I'm sure someone out there *might* believe it's what they're portraying.

Thanks but No Thanks

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not,knows no release from the little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear, nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear the sound of wings.
- Amelia Earhart
DustUpTv
Rank 0
Rank 0

dustup merged thread

Post by DustUpTv »

With Air Time later today, thought it was time to share a little tease from Episode 2, airing at 9:30 pm ET / PT, 7:30 PM Sask Time tonight.

Tensions building ...

ArcticKat
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Episode 2 Teaser of Dust Up ~ A Sprayer's Paradise

Post by ArcticKat »

Honestly, you might come off as a little more respectable and sincere if you weren't just on these forums to plug your TV show. If you want to advertise, then talk to the moderators about buying some advertising space and supporting these forums. Heck, you might even be forgiven if you'd actually take part in the conversations and comment on something that isn't a blatant effort to boost the ratings on your TV show.

You should really be plugging your show over on some forum that has farming as the primary topic, that way you might even get more clients.

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

ArcticKat wrote:Honestly, you might come off as a little more respectable and sincere if you weren't just on these forums to plug your TV show. If you want to advertise, then talk to the moderators about buying some advertising space and supporting these forums. Heck, you might even be forgiven if you'd actually take part in the conversations and comment on something that isn't a blatant effort to boost the ratings on your TV show.

You should really be plugging your show over on some forum that has farming as the primary topic, that way you might even get more clients.
+1

Tim
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Tim »

jeeze if you dont wanna watch the trailer dont click on the thread.

i am interested in them, as im sure many others are.

ArcticKat
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ArcticKat »

Tim wrote:jeeze if you dont wanna watch the trailer dont click on the thread.

i am interested in them, as im sure many others are.
If I don't click on the link then I am not doing my due diligence to ensure that my comments are well informed and accurate. If I'm going to make a comment, courtesy and logic dictate that I must also review the content of the thread, including any associated links.

Tim
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Tim »

AK, im sorry but that just doesnt make sense, and im not trying to pick a fight. but this isnt his first video or thread and there is obviously interest in it. the thread was well labelled. you CHOSE to open it anyways. i dont have a problem with you having a problem with it, i just dont get why you would open it just for the sake of complaining about it...your disinterest and disapproval are not litmus tests for whether or not something is post-worth...

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

I'm happy with this guy spamming us with his promotional videos. Maybe he should keep it to one thread but otherwise it's fine.

I might not hear about the show otherwise. Yeah the reality TV thing's getting worn but at least it's more airplanes.

ArcticKat
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ArcticKat »

Tim wrote:, i just dont get why you would open it just for the sake of complaining about it...your disinterest and disapproval are not litmus tests for whether or not something is post-worth...
So, I am only allowed to read and post to a thread if I agree with the content? I thought the entire purpose of the forum concept was to debate and discuss. I'm not permitted to express my opinions regarding the conduct of the OP? I open a thread I don't like and complain about it to express my views and opinion, some agree with me, others do not, but if you have the right to share your opinion, do I not also?

If you'll note, I never claimed that this individual did not have a post worthy comment....until it bacame obvious that he only joined this forum to make all of his posts on one topic. HIS topic. As Beef stated, he can spam all he wants, it's up to the moderators to determine where the line is and when it is crossed, not I. I just have issue with someone abusing the priveledge this forum provides in communication with like minded individuals when Dustup obviously has no other interest in any of the topics on these forums. He is serving his own self interests and nothing else.

I've made no judgement regarding the show itself because I have yet to watch it...and yes, I will watch it. It may appear campy as I stated, but I'll still give it a chance. Everyone here is quite familiar with this show now so I'm sure that Dustup has succeeded in his goal to advertise and have people support his show. I have even helped him by keeping his threads alive with my commentary. I believe my comments have been constructively critical and have contained no ad hominem attacks. Like Beef said....we have a thread on Ice Pilots, We have a thread on FWA, why can't we just have one thread for Dustup instead of him making a new one every time he has something to say?

Just as with those other threads, I have no doubt that there will be many other pilots to critique the show. Heck, some have already picked apart the unsafe behaviour in the trailers. Personally, I'm neither experienced enough or knowledgable enough about the AG flying industry to have an educated opinion or to offer discussion regarding the content of the show, but I have been a forum mod long enough to recognise DustUp for what he is.

If he can actually start making comments here without adding "Watch my show on History Channel, Thursdays at 9." Then my respect and interest may improve...who knows, I may even request to visit him at his operation and see what it's like, I'm not that far away.

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

I think he's part of the production company or something that's making the show. "His operation" could be in Toronto or Vancouver. Which one are you close to?

Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Flybabe »

Big Pistons Forever wrote:
ArcticKat wrote:Honestly, you might come off as a little more respectable and sincere if you weren't just on these forums to plug your TV show. If you want to advertise, then talk to the moderators about buying some advertising space and supporting these forums. Heck, you might even be forgiven if you'd actually take part in the conversations and comment on something that isn't a blatant effort to boost the ratings on your TV show.

+1
+ 2

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not,knows no release from the little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear, nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear the sound of wings.
- Amelia Earhart
North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

New Aviation Series on History TV: Dust Up.

Post by North Shore »

Please confine comments about 'Dust Up' to this thread only. Thanks.

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Flybabe wrote:
Big Pistons Forever wrote:

+1
+ 2
+3

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

Another warm avcanada welcome lol

ArcticKat
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re:

Post by ArcticKat »

I tried to respond to this in the origional thread like North Shore requested, but it seems to have been deleted.
Beefitarian wrote:I think he's part of the production company or something that's making the show. "His operation" could be in Toronto or Vancouver. Which one are you close to?
Dustup announces his location as Nipawin, Sask, which is also where this is filmed, so I am making the educated guess that he is one of the pilots or closely related to one of them.

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

ArcticKat wrote:I tried to respond to this in the origional thread like North Shore requested, but it seems to have been deleted.
Beefitarian wrote:I think he's part of the production company or something that's making the show. "His operation" could be in Toronto or Vancouver. Which one are you close to?
Dustup announces his location as Nipawin, Sask, which is also where this is filmed, so I am making the educated guess that he is one of the pilots or closely related to one of them.
Sounds like he's not telling the truth.

NorthShore do an ip check.

ArcticKat
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re:

Post by ArcticKat »

Beefitarian wrote: Sounds like he's not telling the truth.

NorthShore do an ip check.
Shrug, not that I can tell. Dustup has never posted his location in any of his posts, only in his profile. Many others on here don't even provide that information, present company included.

Dustup may be self serving, but I'll stop short of considering him dishonest.

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Dustup probably doesn't see it as "dishonest" so much as telling us where the show is based. They are probably there for filming then take it back to the studio for editing/production.

Return to “General Comments”