Canada Post Bill Passes!

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Dude, it can't be Hedley. Read the post I quoted, this guy loves unions.
---------- ADS -----------

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

And what about this one?
hz2p wrote:Union YES!!

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Canada Post Bill Passes!

Post by azimuthaviation »

Beefitarian wrote:Dude, it can't be Hedley. Read the post I quoted, this guy loves unions.
Well then Hedley would be pissed you found yourself a new hero.

"I miss Hedley"

I think hedley would just laugh at the public servants losing their jobs

Hedley would be the one to talk to

I'm going to have to go all Hedley here

The person below me has to click the link to get the Hedley joke

The person below me doesn't miss Hedley and is happy he got what was comming to him

That's kind of a situation that causes me to ask Hedley

Hedley have you flown any migs? Anyone else, same question

Ha ha, what a loser. Eh Hedley?

Post a picture of your jeep Hedley

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Score! That's some excellent stalking there.

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by azimuthaviation »

Well whoever hz2p is i hope hes got hedleys rainman like ability to get a cars ref. saves having to look one up

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

I don't know if it's him or not and don't really care. I think it's funny as long as niss is crying about it. So yeah, unfourtunatly Hedley treated me like so many of his Ex-wives and never loved me back.

DanJ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DanJ »

JakeYYZ wrote:Rotating strikes made for a 3 day delivery week, which had little effect on small business. Hardly any of us even noticed Canada Post went on strike.
Once the system was shut-down, through a lock-out, which was the game changer. The government had to act.
Here’s a great Plan B and a great way to reduce the size and scope of government without most of the public even noticing: reduce mail delivery to three times per week. We still need some mail delivery, but hardly at the rate of five days per week.

Most here are unaware that Canada Post owns and runs one of Canada’s big parcel delivery companies too. You thought Purolator Couriers was a private outfit competing just like everybody else? Think again. It’s owned by Canada Post. Why? Who knows.

The 3 day week never happened though. We had delivery on Monday, Tuesday was the first off day and CP locked the workers out Tuesday night. All we had for the prior week and a day was the rotating strikes. We never had a chance to see how people would react to 3 days a week delivery.

And really, are people still surprised to find out Purolator is majority owned by Canada Post? It's only been 18 years.

sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re:

Post by sky's the limit »

hz2p wrote: That's pitiful, people.
+1

Not sure what's more "pitiful":

That people who profess themselves to be so bright and worldly, hard working, and intelligent, waste so much of their inherently valuable time arguing useless point after useless point on a litany of subjects which they A) so obviously have little understanding of, or B) are operating out from under a frightening level of dogmatic bias and stunning lack of self awareness - all of which occurs on an internet forum famous for its pathetic attempts at so-called discussion. Yes, you work so much harder than people with less money. I see clearly now the choice is certainly between "A" or "B..." If only life were that simple.

Or,

The "+1" crowd who just jump on like any number of lap dogs and go along for the ride... This site really scares me sometimes.

Good to see things around here haven't changed much. See you in the Fall, fly safe (those of you working).

stl

hz2p
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by hz2p »

The Politics of Envy is not an affiliation to be particularly proud of. And regardless of how much of a hipster you consider yourself to be, it is extraordinarily unlikely that someone's IQ is directly proportional to how much someone agrees with you.

In the USA:
nearly 50% of all filers pay nothing in federal income taxes. These non-payers are families with children, the elderly, low income households, those who either have too little income to pay taxes or who benefit enough from all the deductions, credits and exemptions in the income tax, so they're zeroed out on the bottom line of their 1040.

This leaves the higher income earners and upper middle class paying the bulk of income taxes. Those who earn over $500,000 per year pay about 24% of all US taxes and earn about 16-17% of all income. Those who earn over $100,000 per year pay about 70% of all US taxes and earn about 56% of all income.
You can hate the people who work hard and earn money because you envy them, but the fact is that they pay the bill for your welfare state.

sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by sky's the limit »

H,

You are a narcissist for the ages... go do something fun for god sakes, really, this is just painful to watch.

If people still feel the need to discuss the Posties, please start a new thread.

stl

Return to “The Water Cooler”