wildblue

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
ywg9
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:47 pm

wildblue

Post by ywg9 »

hmmm whats with this ad someone starting up a new airline or is someone getting new equipment. just a gmail add sounds secretive

ywg
---------- ADS -----------
 
Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:47 am
Location: The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful.

Re: wildblue

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

I wouldn't throw out resumes unless they provide a little more information. I completely understand the importance of confidentiality, but at least give me a location or some sort of general background so we don't waste each other's time.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Re: wildblue

Post by Doc »

Changes in Latitudes wrote:I wouldn't throw out resumes unless they provide a little more information. I completely understand the importance of confidentiality, but at least give me a location or some sort of general background so we don't waste each other's time.
Come on Changes, toss out a resume. Then report back to us.
---------- ADS -----------
 
5400AirportRdSouth
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:23 am

Re: wildblue

Post by 5400AirportRdSouth »

I applied.

Got the Job too, thanks to all you chickens who didn't send in a resume.

Turns out it's this kid with flight sim, but he needs a co-Joe to sit in on his ride.

Pays not that great, but he promised me good per diems in the form of whatever he doesn't eat out of his school lunch.

I'll admit I had the inside track as his mom has been letting me sleep in my car in the garage. I had to sign a bond(I can't leave before bedtime on school nights ), but I'm going to log it all as PIC, to he'll with it. Next stop Air Canada!

Yeah, I thought the ad was more than a little sketchy as well.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Remember, only YOU can stop Narcissism
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Re: wildblue

Post by Doc »

5400AirportRdSouth wrote:I applied.

Got the Job too, thanks to all you chickens who didn't send in a resume.

Turns out it's this kid with flight sim, but he needs a co-Joe to sit in on his ride.

Pays not that great, but he promised me good per diems in the form of whatever he doesn't eat out of his school lunch.

I'll admit I had the inside track as his mom has been letting me sleep in my car in the garage. I had to sign a bond(I can't leave before bedtime on school nights ), but I'm going to log it all as PIC, to he'll with it. Next stop Air Canada!

Yeah, I thought the ad was more than a little sketchy as well.
Post a photo of his Mom.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Double Wasp
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:08 am

Re: wildblue

Post by Double Wasp »

I thought you just did Doc.
---------- ADS -----------
 
When it stops leakin oil then you worry.
User avatar
Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3265
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:10 am
Location: Back here

Re: wildblue

Post by Panama Jack »

But guys . . . it's a job flying a Boeing 737!!! Isn't that good enough? :twisted:

Image
---------- ADS -----------
 
“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
ywg9
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:47 pm

Re: wildblue

Post by ywg9 »

ads gone now seems to confirm it was a scam but who knows maybe someone will get lucky
---------- ADS -----------
 
borisyeltsin
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:35 pm
Location: all over

Re: wildblue

Post by borisyeltsin »

If you recall that last week Flair had an ad for 737 pilots that was posted by Wildblue so it is fairly safe to say that it is Flair. You will also find that Wildblue is more than likely the CP as his email address has wildblue in it. If it is Flair, you should ask yourself if you really want to work for this company as they recently dismissed 3 very experienced pilots due to "lack of work" and now they are hiring again? Ya sure.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
slowstream
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 553
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:15 am
Location: Canada

Re: wildblue

Post by slowstream »

borisyeltsin wrote:If you recall that last week Flair had an ad for 737 pilots that was posted by Wildblue so it is fairly safe to say that it is Flair. You will also find that Wildblue is more than likely the CP as his email address has wildblue in it. If it is Flair, you should ask yourself if you really want to work for this company as they recently dismissed 3 very experienced pilots due to "lack of work" and now they are hiring again? Ya sure.

Excellant point! Why are there so many A**holes in this industry and in Canada? I know there are many good ones too and I've been fortunate to have worked for a few of them but it sure seems like there are more A**holes than good ones.

I know its rhetorical
---------- ADS -----------
 
ywg9
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:47 pm

Re: wildblue

Post by ywg9 »

the way I see it if it is a sart up by the time they post jobs on here they should have more info on the company to offer not just some gmail account. if it is Flair than why would they hide behind a front email add. either way makes you wonder.
---------- ADS -----------
 
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 8132
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:25 pm
Location: Winterfell...

Re: wildblue

Post by iflyforpie »

Flair Air is Kelowna Flightcraft in sheep's clothing. They will toss you on your ass as soon as a contract disappears or the economy hiccups. Maybe that's why they've been so successful over the years... :roll:
---------- ADS -----------
 
Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 6022
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:24 pm

Re: wildblue

Post by altiplano »

I don't know... I know a couple guys at Flair who seem to like it... not getting "tossed on their ass" as you say...
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Employment Forum”