I was more taking a poke at you because you seemed to be taking a poke at me thinking I was some kind of "hotshot" with the FAs. I wish that was the case, but it's not.
Transat to merge with/buy out Company X ???
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore
-
TopperHarley
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1870
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:56 pm
Re: Transat to merge with/buy out Company X ???
I left Jazz as the TC flying was starting up, so I dont know much about the FA-pilot relationship. I know there was some controversy regarding a post on the ALPA board that caused quite a stir, but I never had access to it nor got to read it since I had quit.
I was more taking a poke at you because you seemed to be taking a poke at me thinking I was some kind of "hotshot" with the FAs. I wish that was the case, but it's not.
I was more taking a poke at you because you seemed to be taking a poke at me thinking I was some kind of "hotshot" with the FAs. I wish that was the case, but it's not.
"Never travel faster than your guardian angel can fly." - Mother Theresa
-
gonnabeapilot
- Rank 4

- Posts: 217
- Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:39 am
Re: Transat to merge with/buy out Company X ???
Although an interesting discussion, I don't think we'll ever see Jazz purchase Transat. The most likely scenario that I can see is that Thomas Cook will buy a share in Groupe Transat in the same way that TUI bought a 50% stake in the Sunwing Travel Group. TUI and Thomas Cook are two of the world's largest tour operators and they compete against each other on a global stage. With TUI having cemented their position in the Canadian market, Thomas Cook is probably looking to do the same. In this scenario I think we would see Thomas Cook merging their Sunquest division in with Transat's Canadian operations, similar to when TUI merged their Signature Vacations division in with Sunwing Vacations. Just like we saw with Sunwing/Signature, the next step would be to combine all the lift under one operator to help control costs and the product. We would probably see the current Thomas Cook contract run its course with Jazz and Air Transat would then begin operating all widebody flights on behalf of the group. If there really is some sort of market interest in Transat, the most likely scenario has Jazz on the losing end.
Re: Transat to merge with/buy out Company X ???
Whatever ends up happening .. from the bits of information that seem to get leaked .. it doesn't sound like Jazz pilots are on the losing end.
Again .. all speculation ..
Again .. all speculation ..
Re: Transat to merge with/buy out Company X ???
ALPA's constitution does not mandate DOH mergers. ALPA provides a process by which integrations are effected through negotiation, mediation or failing that arbitration. None of the recent ALPA mergers in the US have been DOH. UA/CAL; NW/DAL; US/AW were not date of hire seniority integrations.Localizer wrote:
Since Transat and Jazz are both ALPA groups they have really no choice but to follow the ALPA constitution (date of hire) .. unless they choose to go the way of U.S Airways and .......... Air Canada and decertify.
-
IflyaSewerpipe
- Rank 2

- Posts: 64
- Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:28 pm
Re: Transat to merge with/buy out Company X ???
We're approaching the end of June and on the TS side of things, there's hardly any talk about any merge. What kind of stuff/rumours is floating around at Jazz these days?
Re: Transat to merge with/buy out Company X ???
There is plenty of goings on, however to get the inside scoop you must be on the inside. shh 
Re: Transat to merge with/buy out Company X ???
So it's July 4 now.......where's the BIG announcement ??????????
-
IflyaSewerpipe
- Rank 2

- Posts: 64
- Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:28 pm
Re: Transat to merge with/buy out Company X ???
Yeah no kidding.
I think it was just the flavour of the month rumour at Jazz that people ran with.
I think it was just the flavour of the month rumour at Jazz that people ran with.
- Scuba_Steve
- Rank 7

- Posts: 660
- Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:10 pm
Re: Transat to merge with/buy out Company X ???
Well we're well into July now. We need a new rumor of the month.....
Here are some suggestions;
We're buying porter
We're buying CMA
We're buying Sky Regional
Crew meals are going all veggie.
Here are some suggestions;
We're buying porter
We're buying CMA
We're buying Sky Regional
Crew meals are going all veggie.
-
TopperHarley
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1870
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:56 pm
Re: Transat to merge with/buy out Company X ???
Obbie wrote:So it's July 4 now.......where's the BIG announcement ??????????
I guess the "big announcement" is the one 757 being based out West for the upcoming TC season, and nothing to do with a merge.
"Never travel faster than your guardian angel can fly." - Mother Theresa
-
oh yeah baby
- Rank 1

- Posts: 48
- Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:35 am
Re: Transat to merge with/buy out Company X ???
According to the last july rumor.... Jazz and Thomas cook are buying the Space shuttle program form the US goverment to compete against Sir Richard Brandson and the Virgin Space program.

