First the Nazis and then Communists tried and now the UN..

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

JakeYYZ
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: First the Nazis and then Communists tried and now the UN

Post by JakeYYZ »

Edited. Dupe post.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by JakeYYZ on Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by azimuthaviation »

See? the disparity is already less than half as bad as you thought. Maybe if your outlook was a little more informed your opinions might be a little less ...absurd?? insane?? (i dont use the term loosely either)

Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

And your opinions are what exactly?

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

I never considered the UN to be following in the footsteps of the Nazis. The current Israeli govt perhaps. But the UN?

The UN is as effective as the member states want. Canada's position will be dictated by you know who.

The UN's effectiveness has been diminishing over a long period time. The WHO is a mere shadow of itself, and completely lost. The Intl Labour Organ is no longer needed not wanted, particularly in places like China. UN Refugee agency...I say fvck refugees. Too many people on the planet already. ICAO, a UN offshoot act just like the Nazi's and communists. Imagine the nerve to try to coordinate int; aviation standards. I say screw em. Who needs that. Turn the radio and transponder off. Who wants to listen to some ferner on the radio.

As for intl law, I say fvck it. More communist BS. China, Russia, North Korea and Iran should do whatever they want. How communist to suggest otherwise. What a Nazi concept.

Intl trade is another Nazi concept. Embraer and Chinese manufacturers should able take all the govt subsidies they can suck off their govts. Bombardier can die on the vine baby. Harper is no big govt subsidy guy, nor should he be. If Canadian pproducts cannot compete on the world stage, Canada should go back to making canoes and bottling maple syrup.

Int; criminal tribunal on Yugoslavia and Rwanda? More 3rd Reich shit. That's all it is. Let these people be free. In fact, let the Middle East countries decide the fate of Israel. Stand back everyone, and let this useless organization fall aside. Let Iran and Saudi call the shots in the region.

The world will be a far better place when North Korea, Iran, Russia, China, Congo can treat their own, control markets, pay people dick all wages and put them in slave camps. Far better than another Nazi organization.

@#$! the UN.

:supz:

bmc
Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Nark wrote: Avcanada is the electronic version of sitting in the hanger and bullshitting with the guys (and gals). Not everything needs to be aviation related, despite sitting in a hanger.
That hanger is in Ontario isn't it? I never get invited to chit chat there.

JakeYYZ
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JakeYYZ »

bmc wrote:I never considered the UN to be following in the footsteps of the Nazis. The current Israeli govt perhaps. But the UN?

The UN is as effective as the member states want. Canada's position will be dictated by you know who.

The UN's effectiveness has been diminishing over a long period time. The WHO is a mere shadow of itself, and completely lost. The Intl Labour Organ is no longer needed not wanted, particularly in places like China. UN Refugee agency...I say fvck refugees. Too many people on the planet already. ICAO, a UN offshoot act just like the Nazi's and communists. Imagine the nerve to try to coordinate int; aviation standards. I say screw em. Who needs that. Turn the radio and transponder off. Who wants to listen to some ferner on the radio.

As for intl law, I say fvck it. More communist BS. China, Russia, North Korea and Iran should do whatever they want. How communist to suggest otherwise. What a Nazi concept.

Intl trade is another Nazi concept. Embraer and Chinese manufacturers should able take all the govt subsidies they can suck off their govts. Bombardier can die on the vine baby. Harper is no big govt subsidy guy, nor should he be. If Canadian pproducts cannot compete on the world stage, Canada should go back to making canoes and bottling maple syrup.

Int; criminal tribunal on Yugoslavia and Rwanda? More 3rd Reich shit. That's all it is. Let these people be free. In fact, let the Middle East countries decide the fate of Israel. Stand back everyone, and let this useless organization fall aside. Let Iran and Saudi call the shots in the region.

The world will be a far better place when North Korea, Iran, Russia, China, Congo can treat their own, control markets, pay people dick all wages and put them in slave camps. Far better than another Nazi organization.

@#$! the UN.

:supz:
Anyone studying political/social sciences in University over the last decade is aware that global governance is status quo in academic circles, and it is exclusively Marxian and Left in orientation (they're definitely not talking about establishing "global capitalism" as a system of world government). You don't believe it? -- well then read one of your kid's University research papers..

hz2p
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by hz2p »

Free advice, Jake: You're a right-wing poster on a heavily-biased left-wing website - just ask any of the moderators. Your views here are about as welcome as a hooker in church.

You are warned - your posts have "no value" here - I quote. It doesn't matter that you have an ATPL with a major airline and tens of thousands of hours.

Expect shortly, as the current right-wing lightning rod, to have your posts and threads deleted, and to be banned, because your subjective views differ from those of the moderators.

Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

I've been trying for years, but have failed.

Semper Fidelis
niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by niss »

hz2p wrote: You are warned - your posts have "no value" here - I quote. It doesn't matter that you have an ATPL with a major airline and tens of thousands of hours.
Why should those qualifications matter when it comes to bullshitting about politics?

You're the only one here who insists that your ability to do formation outside loops makes you an authority on everything.

hz2p wrote: Expect shortly, as the current right-wing lightning rod, to have your posts and threads deleted, and to be banned, because your subjective views differ from those of the moderators.
I think it had more to do with you acting like a dick and spamming the board with your far right drivel, like cpl_atc did with his anticop rhetoric.

Even if this forum does have a left wing bias, if ISTP created a new thread every 10 minutes about a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage over and over he would suffer the same wrath.

Don't try to be a martyr.

She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Your family's three ring flying circus hardly qualifies as a major airline.

System Message
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by System Message »

hz2p, I do not believe you spend much time in church. If you can stop being a hooker for just one morning I can assure you that you are welcome in any church that you would like to attend.

If we can put oil in the engine while we're flying then we have absolutely no problem at all.
Driving Rain
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Driving Rain »

System Message wrote:hz2p, I do not believe you spend much time in church. If you can stop being a hooker for just one morning I can assure you that you are welcome in any church that you would like to attend.
This from a guy who calls co-pilots distracting passengers.
System Message wrote:
A CL always has a passenger on the plane. While they take turns flying the plane, the pilot flying has a safety issue with distractions from the the other.
Beautiful :lol:

bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

Jake....I can't follow your thinking.

The UN as a whole, is dysfunctional. It's lost its compass. It's as effective as its member states want it to be. Canada was once a respected country on the international stage. The US, Russia, China will do as they please. I'm ok with that, until something goes sideways and little framework exists to deal with it. SARS was a perfect example of the screwed up WHO. The WHO just laid off 30% of their staff. The next time we have a global health scare, feel happy that the in effective money wasting UN can't track what's going on, what global coordinated efforts are under way.

The world will be so much better.

bmc
Expat
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Expat »

bmc wrote:Jake....I can't follow your thinking.

The UN as a whole, is dysfunctional. It's lost its compass. It's as effective as its member states want it to be. Canada was once a respected country on the international stage. The US, Russia, China will do as they please. I'm ok with that, until something goes sideways and little framework exists to deal with it. SARS was a perfect example of the screwed up WHO. The WHO just laid off 30% of their staff. The next time we have a global health scare, feel happy that the in effective money wasting UN can't track what's going on, what global coordinated efforts are under way.

The world will be so much better.
bmc,

If you're going to criticize the UN, then get your facts. The US pays 27% of the UN budget, and has a say in everything going on. The UN is not run by a bunch of leftist, communist countries with a hidden agenda...
Each program, each peacekeeping mission, has a separate budget, voted separately, by the GA.
I may, at times, object to US policies, but generally agree that the US is a strong supporter of the UN. As a result, the UN always leans to the side of its financial backers...
On the other hand, many UN values run against US international policies and interests, but that is another debate altogether...
Cheers,
expat

Success in life is when the cognac that you drink is older than the women you drink it with.
bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

Expat...I fully agree with. I`m aware of the funding and the structure. My commentary is directed at the tiresome lament of big bad UN with the secret agenda, implying that it does what it wants, which couldn`t be further from the truth. Too much interference, if anything.

bmc
Expat
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Expat »

The problem we sometimes have here, is that the same very strong country, which has a say in everything going on, also controls the UN, which at times should be the voice of the little people, the starving ones, etc...
At times, it borders on the hypocrisy.
Cheers,

Success in life is when the cognac that you drink is older than the women you drink it with.
System Message
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by System Message »

The little people that are starving are represented at the UN by the same warlords that caused the famine which keeps them in power.
Robert Mugabe set the example.

If we can put oil in the engine while we're flying then we have absolutely no problem at all.
JakeYYZ
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JakeYYZ »

In 1971 the majority of U.N. members voted to replace anti-communist Taiwan with communist China in both the General Assembly and the Security Council. XPAT, if the U.S. has the control that you say it has, how did this come to pass? The fact of the matter is; the U.S. doesn’t throw its weight around.

Over the past eight sessions of the U.N. General Assembly (2000 through 2007), about 95 per-cent of U.S foreign aid recipients voted against the U.S. a majority of the time on non-consen¬sus votes, and over 71 percent voted against the U.S. a majority of the time on non-consensus votes deemed "important" by the U.S. Depart¬ment of State.[10]
Of the 30 largest recipients of U.S. foreign aid that have voted during the past eight sessions, 28 countries voted against the U.S. a majority of the time on all non-consensus votes, and 24 voted against the U.S. a majority of the time on non-consensus important votes. (See Chart 2.)

http://www.heritage.org/research/report ... nst-the-us
The third world makes up the majority of the GA (I include the Arab and Islamic Conference members). Tell me; how has this third world majority in the GA changed the U.N.?
As to your assertion that it’s not run by leftist and commies; I will compile a list of names and affiliations for you to purse and argue.

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Well lets get rid of communism in Canada first. Why shouldnt we dismantle all the hutterite and mennonite communes? Why dont you mention any of those "Jake"? Why do you think you can practice your version of communism in Canada but have such problems with other countries? Why dont you tell everyone how long youve lived on your colony for? Then tell us how you call half of it a congregation or chirch land to avoid taxes but then pocket the royalties of the oil pipelines going through? Whens the last time you worked a full eight hours?

Last edited by azimuthaviation on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

I would love, just absolutely love to fix my house before I fixed my neighbor's, however that is not the "Canadian" way.
Most Canucks I know would take the shirt of their back, to help a neighbor.

Of course, this generalization excludes Vancouver, where they'd would rather take your shirt because they are upset about something...

Semper Fidelis

Return to “The Water Cooler”