Best Flight School in Canada ?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

envi4ever
Rank 0
Rank 0

Best Flight School in Canada ?

Post by envi4ever »

Which is the best flight school in Canada ?
---------- ADS -----------

inthomerker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by inthomerker »

Little bit of a subjective question don't you think?
I'm just finishing up my CPL at the Moncton Flight College. I can't imagine training anywhere else up to this stage.
~cheers~

bizjet_mania
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by bizjet_mania »

I don't go to Moncton but I would have to say its one of the better flight schools. I guess its the Embry Riddle of Canada :lol:

hz2p
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by hz2p »

Most people will only attend one. And as with any other major purchase, they will try to rationalize that their money was well spent, even if it wasn't.

For example, when was the last time you met someone with an $80,000 SUV and he told you what a pick of sh1t it was, and he wished he'd never bought it?

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Generally you will get a subjective opinion when asking these questions.

How can anyone give a objective opinion on flight instruction when their knowledge of same starts at zero.

If your instructor was friendly, helpful and you liked him / her then of course you will think they were the greatest.

Far to often later in your career you will realize that the instructor you held in such high esteem was incompetent.

So asking these questions of students is not really the way to get a factual answer.

Cat

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Nvrgvup
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Nvrgvup »

Depends on what you think is good in a flight school or do you want a flying club. $, #of aircraft, maintence, #of instructors, fees/policies are all factors in my decision of where to fly....Over the last 10 years, I've belonged to Aviation International, WWFC, Peninsula Air, Aero Academy all had their good points and bad points. If you want a lot of Aircraft to choose from, WWFC - if you want good instructors, its a crap shoot really all have good and bad.....costs - again, crap shoot--all are expensive, it is aviation afterall....anyway, just my 2 cents...

Dyck Hertz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Attention Cat Driver

Post by Dyck Hertz »

deer Cat Driver,

the pikture of the kitty is funnee....it make me laufgh cuz it thinks its peeple and can drive a car:D the bestest part of the pikture is the kat

by the way No Conflict can you chainge your pikture thing? i don't like the road sine :( but i like the "you make kitty scared" much more better :D

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Post by . ._ »

:D

CARO
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CARO »

I don't know which is the best, but I can certainly say that it's not Seneca College. :twisted:

bizjet_mania
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by bizjet_mania »

I think the best school is the one with the highest student satisfaction rate, but I think Moncton is the most reputable.

CYQMer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CYQMer »

I've visited quite a few schools from coast to coast, and flew with a few.

Moncton is deffinetly one of the best if not the best. You will find students from all over the world in Moncton. The JAA program is starting to pick up with a bunch of guys from the UK training there currently.

It might become quite busy in Moncton starting in Sept. as they are finalizing a deal with China Airlines to train pilots from zero hours. I think its 20 pilots initally, then more next year. There is also talk of more new aircraft which is cool....

We'll see what happens.

They updated their website recently, check it out:

http://www.mfc.nb.ca

172 capitan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 172 capitan »

can someone tell me if brampton flight college is still in bussines?

Johnny
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Johnny »

172 capitan wrote:can someone tell me if brampton flight college is still in bussines?
Yes, they are (as far as I know). http://bramfly.com/college/intro.htm

bitmonx
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by bitmonx »

The worst Flight School has to be Pro IFR.
Anyone train there? Hope not (anymore....)

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Moncton is is one of the better schools, but there are alot of good schools out there.
I do hear that some of the moncton grads (last couple of years) have had pretty big heads on there shoulders, as most bigger college programs seem to produce.
What you students have to realise is that although you have a shinny new CPL, you have alot to learn. Don't let that diploma go to your head.

Cheers.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
meow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Attention Cat Driver

Post by meow »

Dyck Hertz wrote:deer Cat Driver,

the pikture of the kitty is funnee....it make me laufgh cuz it thinks its peeple and can drive a car:D the bestest part of the pikture is the kat

by the way No Conflict can you chainge your pikture thing? i don't like the road sine :( but i like the "you make kitty scared" much more better :D
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL? :shock:

let's go somewhere far.....
R2000/1830
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by R2000/1830 »

MRC

No Conflict
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by No Conflict »

R2000/1830 wrote:MRC
Stands for what?

Dyck Hertz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Attention Cat Driver

Post by Dyck Hertz »

meow wrote:
Dyck Hertz wrote:deer Cat Driver,

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL? :shock:
i still like the kat who can drive the car, it make s me laughf o.k? that litle kitty driver put s a litle cheer in my grei life!!!.....

...And by the way meow, that cat can drive. Can you? I think you'll be able to learn a lot from puss'n'boots :D

Cheers!

Dyck Hertz

Pugster
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Pugster »

The worst Flight School has to be Pro IFR.
Anyone train there? Hope not (anymore....)
This has to be a joke or a troll. Johnny M has been training IFR since before you were a glint in your Daddy's eye. I'd tread lightly on this one as he's a very well-liked and respected guy in the industry; I know guys all over Canada that have trained with Pro and continue to recommend them.

You're entitled to your opinion, but seriously now...anyone who's worked with JM (I've worked with him, not for him) knows what a stand-up guy he is...that's probably why I'm taking your comments like you just told off a friend of mine.

I wouldn't mention your dislike for the company in aviation circles, especially if you're interviewing for a job, even if you have your reasons.

Return to “Flight Training”