Flight Training Center and Charters

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

ah79ca
Rank 1
Rank 1

Flight Training Center and Charters

Post by ah79ca »

Hey Guys, is me again. All you guys have been great with all the advice I got. I think I know now what I want. With that in mind, I would like to know of as many Flight Training Center who also do Charter Services. I am looking for places in BC or Alberta which have large fleet with a variety of aircrafts. From Single Engine to Multi Turbo Prop. and Turbine.
Please list them all here.
Thanks again,
Andreas
---------- ADS -----------

TTail
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TTail »

Morgan Air and Westpoint both in YYC. I know Morgan Air has a King Air, Cessna 401 and Cessna 425 for charter in addition to their flight school. Just a couple to get you started with your hunt.

Wild Cat
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Wild Cat »

I thought Westpoint went down with their flight training.
Please tell me if im right or wrong! :wink:

Your One Darn Good Pilot
TTail
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TTail »

Could be, I've been out of the YYC loop for some time now. Anyone else care to enlighten us?

Switchfoot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Switchfoot »

Westpoint is long gone.

tusky
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tusky »

I wouldn't recommend Morgan Air. There were very few students and seemed a little disorganized.

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

national aviation in prince albert sask has lots of charters and the flight school. mcmurray aviation does lots of charter work in that area too. almost all schools have a 703OC but very very few use it much. You need to look for the few that do.

ah79ca
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ah79ca »

what is a 703OC?

desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by desksgo »

703 Operating certificate...it's not an airplane...I can see the confusion though. I kinda had to think twice, what is a 7030 C? :)

ah79ca
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ah79ca »

Ok, thanks.
"Endless" said that there are not many operations with a 703OC. What defines a 703OC?
Thanks,
Andreas

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

to do charters you need a seperate piece of paper from transport canada. Not all schools have that paper.

C-KEEP
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by C-KEEP »

Does Morgan Air usually hire the instructors they teach? and how long do you have to be there to start flying their charter side of things? I'm moving out to Calgary and I'm looking for a place to do my instructor rating. Any suggestions? I thought Morgan would be good since they've got the charter aspect to move up into.

C-KEEP
TTail
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TTail »

When I was an instructor in Calgary, Morgan's rule was that you had to have done your rating with them. Now this may have changed since I was in YYC last and with Bernard S. not being the Chief Pilot anymore.

wha happen
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by wha happen »

morgan air is definately your best option if youre looking for a training school with an active 703 department. I believe that they hire out of thier own pool, but they havnt hired anybody in a long time. I finished up there a few years back, still waiting for my call.

Its the way she goes boys, its the way she goes.

Lets sacrifice him to the crops.

Return to “Flight Training”