Acreages within commuting distance

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

silverstar
Rank 1
Rank 1

Acreages within commuting distance

Post by silverstar »

Hello Westjetters, I'm not a member of the WJ team yet but am looking toward the future.

Any suggestions on nice areas where I could find a small acreage within commuting (driving) distance to YYC under the $400,000 mark or is this unrealistic?
---------- ADS -----------

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Acreages within commuting distance

Post by rigpiggy »

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahhahahahahaha.....................................................................................................................................................................................
cheapest i found "nearby"

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.a ... 1473719045

silverstar
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by silverstar »

Perhaps I should refine. By acreage I'm talking a few acres, not a quarter section or anything.

I'm sure there are a few WJ pilots that have a place in the country. Just looking for ideas on nice areas within commuting distance.

Howitzer
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Howitzer »

There were 4 Acres 15 minutes north of Airdrie with a house built in '91 on it for $579,900 listed a couple months ago.....and that was super cheap. There are lots only, with no services, 10 minutes to the east of Airdrie for $320,000, these are a couple acres in size.

Basically, the answer is No.

cjet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by cjet »

Try Hamilton. Quite a few properties in that price range.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Thunder Bay. The city's not great, but you can't find a more scenic area West of BC.

25 acres, $20k a few years ago. A couple properties over the guy wants $40k for 10 acres, but they have a good view of the hills.

There's some lakefront 30 min from the city with nice houses in the $300k range. Maybe 5 acre properties, but gorgeous views.

sarg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by sarg »

silverstar wrote:Hello Westjetters, I'm not a member of the WJ team yet but am looking toward the future.

Any suggestions on nice areas where I could find a small acreage within commuting (driving) distance to YYC under the $400,000 mark or is this unrealistic?
Define commutting distance, 30 minutes or hours? People drive in from Pincher Creek, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Golden etc.

System Message
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by System Message »

[quote="Bede"]Thunder Bay. The city's not great, but you can't find a more scenic area West of BC.

Hawaii is West of BC.

If we can put oil in the engine while we're flying then we have absolutely no problem at all.
twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

Depending on how far a drive away from YYC you want to be will tell the tale. 400k don't buy you much in YYC anymore... 280k for a new townhouse; take it from there.
Best of luck.

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
Jastapilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Jastapilot »

you MIGHT get a couple acres for that price... minus the house within the vicinity of YYC.

silverstar
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by silverstar »

Define commutting distance, 30 minutes or hours? People drive in from Pincher Creek, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Golden etc.
Wow, Golden eh? How do the boys find that commute? Beautiful little town.

I was thinking no more than 150 KM's. Anyone got a spread in the Sundre/Caroline area? How's that for a commute with the schedule?

System Message
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by System Message »

http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-real-estat ... Z317607698

How much travel does 131000.00 buy you?

If we can put oil in the engine while we're flying then we have absolutely no problem at all.
Cobra64
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Cobra64 »

You could probably find something up aroudn the Olds/Didsbury area. I know there are several pilots both AC and WestJet up here. The commute isn't bad, 50 minutes door to door for me to the airport.

This is a bit more money but a great big piece of land http://reddeer.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate- ... Z317856659

Return to “WestJet”