* AvCanada's Home Page * Photo Gallery * Topsites *Weather * Media Kit
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

[ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:39 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hello Westjetters, I'm not a member of the WJ team yet but am looking toward the future.

Any suggestions on nice areas where I could find a small acreage within commuting (driving) distance to YYC under the $400,000 mark or is this unrealistic?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:45 am 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahhahahahahaha.....................................................................................................................................................................................
cheapest i found "nearby"

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.a ... 1473719045

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:56 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Perhaps I should refine. By acreage I'm talking a few acres, not a quarter section or anything.

I'm sure there are a few WJ pilots that have a place in the country. Just looking for ideas on nice areas within commuting distance.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:07 am 
Rank 4
Rank 4

There were 4 Acres 15 minutes north of Airdrie with a house built in '91 on it for $579,900 listed a couple months ago.....and that was super cheap. There are lots only, with no services, 10 minutes to the east of Airdrie for $320,000, these are a couple acres in size.

Basically, the answer is No.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:01 pm 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Try Hamilton. Quite a few properties in that price range.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:17 am 
Rank 10
Rank 10

Thunder Bay. The city's not great, but you can't find a more scenic area West of BC.

25 acres, $20k a few years ago. A couple properties over the guy wants $40k for 10 acres, but they have a good view of the hills.

There's some lakefront 30 min from the city with nice houses in the $300k range. Maybe 5 acre properties, but gorgeous views.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:55 am 
Rank 3
Rank 3

silverstar wrote:
Hello Westjetters, I'm not a member of the WJ team yet but am looking toward the future.

Any suggestions on nice areas where I could find a small acreage within commuting (driving) distance to YYC under the $400,000 mark or is this unrealistic?

Define commutting distance, 30 minutes or hours? People drive in from Pincher Creek, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Golden etc.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:26 pm 
Rank 4
Rank 4

[quote="Bede"]Thunder Bay. The city's not great, but you can't find a more scenic area West of BC.

Hawaii is West of BC.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:30 pm 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Depending on how far a drive away from YYC you want to be will tell the tale. 400k don't buy you much in YYC anymore... 280k for a new townhouse; take it from there.
Best of luck.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:31 pm 
Rank 8
Rank 8

you MIGHT get a couple acres for that price... minus the house within the vicinity of YYC.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:51 pm 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Quote:
Define commutting distance, 30 minutes or hours? People drive in from Pincher Creek, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Golden etc.

Wow, Golden eh? How do the boys find that commute? Beautiful little town.

I was thinking no more than 150 KM's. Anyone got a spread in the Sundre/Caroline area? How's that for a commute with the schedule?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:32 pm 
Rank 4
Rank 4

http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-real-estat ... Z317607698

How much travel does 131000.00 buy you?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:55 am 
Rank 3
Rank 3

You could probably find something up aroudn the Olds/Didsbury area. I know there are several pilots both AC and WestJet up here. The commute isn't bad, 50 minutes door to door for me to the airport.

This is a bit more money but a great big piece of land http://reddeer.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate- ... Z317856659